GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Tenni

Go down 
+8
BetaSteve
GuzziSteve
eighteight
SMTCapeCod
Buellbloke
bjor
Pete Roper
Sabodas
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Sabodas
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Sabodas

GRiSO Tenni Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO Tenni   GRiSO Tenni Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hi all, Bob from Holland here.

First GRiSO I saw was 10 years ago at a motor show, pearly blue 1100, intrigued but couldn't afford it then. Last August I bumped into a GRiSO 1200 8v Tenni and just had to go for it!

See picture 1 (2?)

It came with an Arrows exhaust,  nice big sound but coming off a Honda VF1000F2 it was a bit much for me. Also, I like original, so I found an original 8v exhaust which I have on it now.

See picture 2 (1?)

The exhaust came with a part that I don't know what to do with (and haven't fitted): a ring with a mesh, it fits size-wise in the pipe but it seems to me there's nothing to keep it "stuck" or in place somewhere. Can anybody tell me what it is (db-killer?) and where to fit it?

See picture 3
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO Tenni Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni   GRiSO Tenni Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:04 pm

It's the catalytic converter. A press fit at the front usually. What year is your Tenni and is it rollerised if pre-mid 2012?
Back to top Go down
Sabodas
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Sabodas

GRiSO Tenni Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni   GRiSO Tenni Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:23 am

It was first admitted to the road August 2010 (don't know where, Italy probably), imported in The Netherlands May 2014, and has since had the updates at the Dutch dealership.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO Tenni Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni   GRiSO Tenni Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:11 am

Sorry, that means nothing. A 2010 would, maybe, of had the upgrade from cast iron to steel tappets.

There was never a recall for rollerisation. Lift a rocker cover and check. If you still have flat tappets don't ride again until it has been rollerised.

lcjohnny and kindoy2 like this post

Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

GRiSO Tenni Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni   GRiSO Tenni Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:29 am

Sabodas wrote:

It came with an Arrows exhaust,  nice big sound but coming off a Honda VF1000F2 it was a bit much for me. Also, I like original, so I found an original 8v exhaust which I have on it now.

Another one who favours the stock muffler Smile

I did the same with my Tenni, went from GPR back to stock.
Looks somewhat bulky from the side (?), but seen from behind, nothing, NOTHING beats it!
And the sound is as it should be, deep, rumbling and discreet Wink

Anyway, that's my opinion... Wink

lcjohnny and Sabodas like this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

GRiSO Tenni Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni   GRiSO Tenni Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:12 am

Sabodas wrote:
and has since had the updates at the Dutch dealership.

Most dealers are in complete denial about rollerisation, they would be as they are selling potential used time bombs Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sabodas
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Sabodas

GRiSO Tenni Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni   GRiSO Tenni Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:16 am

I bought mine at TLM (Nijmegen, Netherlands). I asked when I bought it, and just had it confirmed today, that is has been "rollerised" - so no worries 😉

(And I was assured that this is the case for every 8V Moto Guzzi they sell.)

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

GRiSO Tenni Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni   GRiSO Tenni Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:03 am

Hm, what is next to it in pic 1?
Back to top Go down
Sabodas
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Sabodas

GRiSO Tenni Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni   GRiSO Tenni Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:15 am

Next to it is a V85TT (2022) in almost matching green, en in front 2x Honda VF1000 F2. For the last 12 years (since I have my license) I only had VF1000 F2s - great bike, but in the end wanted something new. This summer I first bought the V85TT (really was the only new model bike that I really like), then found the GRiSO - and just recently (because someone said "you can't keep them all!") got rid of the Hondas (and a load of spares...)
Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

GRiSO Tenni Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni   GRiSO Tenni Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:25 am

Buellbloke wrote:
Sabodas wrote:
and has since had the updates at the Dutch dealership.

Most dealers are in complete denial about rollerisation, they would be as they are selling potential used time bombs Shocked

Indeed, when I was looking at a non updated 8V and questioned the dealer about doing the upgrade proactively I was told

"Well, they don`t all fail so you just wait and retrofit if and when it does"

I expressed concern of damage to other components following this method.

Answer was "That`s what oil filters are for"

Didn`t inspire confidence so I bought a 4V

Last edited by eighteight on Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

GRiSO Tenni Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni   GRiSO Tenni Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:26 am

You pay for it, not them. That's what it's about. They still get cams for free & don't want to spend their time to make it right. Unpaid labor to make a sale. It'll sit a long time.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO Tenni Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni   GRiSO Tenni Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:03 pm

eighteight wrote:

Answer was "That`s what oil filters are for"

Didn`t inspire confidence so I bought a 4V

Fucking brilliant! So all the crap that goes through the oil pump before it gets to the filter doesn't matter? And the cooling circuit is unfiltered. And what happens if the filter goes into bypass?

Where do these morons come from???

BetaSteve likes this post

Back to top Go down
BetaSteve
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BetaSteve

GRiSO Tenni Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni   GRiSO Tenni Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:39 am

A good use for the overused joke ‘How can you tell if a salesperson is lying? Their mouth is moving!’
Earlier in the year a 2010 GRiSO followed me home. Verified with valve cover removal the bike I was looking at had not been upgraded. It had traveled just under 5,000 miles with maintenance by one of the best, and had been immaculately cared for so I took a chance, and offered 50% of the ask.
Took it home in my trailer and immediately took the left head off. One pinhead sized piece of dlc gone from the center of a tappet and the beginning of a hot spot on the camshaft lobe high point. To me, this verified Pete’s opinion that they ALL need rollerization to be correct.
Piaggio’s handling of the entire issue has been a disgrace to the Guzzi brand, but far from unprecedented.
Hop over to accessnorton.com to see how the new owners of Norton are treating those who bought one of the famously beautiful, and troubled 961 Commandos from the Stuart Garner era of ownership.
Amazing to me there are enough fanatics to keep companies - that treat their customers this way - alive.

Speedfrog likes this post

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

GRiSO Tenni Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni   GRiSO Tenni Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:02 am

Those Tenni's are irresistible! Congratulations and welcome to the Ghetto!

Yahu likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

GRiSO Tenni Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni   GRiSO Tenni Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:27 am

Welcome to the Ghetto, Bob!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sabodas
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Sabodas

GRiSO Tenni Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni   GRiSO Tenni Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:56 am

Hey, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Ham42
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Ham42

GRiSO Tenni Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni   GRiSO Tenni Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:35 pm

Nice!!
Back to top Go down
Yahu
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yahu

GRiSO Tenni Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni   GRiSO Tenni Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:26 am

bjor wrote:
Sabodas wrote:

Another one who favours the stock muffler Smile

I did the same with my Tenni, went from GPR back to stock.
Looks somewhat bulky from the side (?), but seen from behind, nothing, NOTHING beats it!
And the sound is as it should be, deep, rumbling and discreet Wink

Anyway, that's my opinion... Wink

Yahu likes this post

Back to top Go down
Yahu
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yahu

GRiSO Tenni Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni   GRiSO Tenni Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:39 am

Beautiful
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GRiSO Tenni Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni   GRiSO Tenni Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Tenni
Page 1 of 1