GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia

Go down 
+2
Bill Hagan
iansteri
6 posters
AuthorMessage
iansteri
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
iansteri

Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia Empty
PostSubject: Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia   Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:32 am

It is with great sadness that I must relay the news of the death of Andrew Culpepper of the Northern Virginia/Washington DC area earlier this month. Andrew was an avid motorcyclist, logging thousands of miles every year on many makes and types of bikes. But to many of us, Andrew will always be remembered as the guy on the 2007 red GRiSO....Andrew was the catalyst for many years behind the monthly Northern Virginia Guzzi dinners at Tony's Pizzeria and Restaurant in Manassas VA. He would ride when all others rode in the warmth and comfort of the 4-wheeled cage, and always had a smile that made you think he was a teenage who just got something over you. Andrew was always first of offer help and could turn a wrench with the best. Andrew was a regular at many of the regional and national Moto Guzzi Rallies over the years. He passed due to complications from routine surgery, unexpectedly with no notice. Keep him and his family in your prayers.

kindoy2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia   Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:06 am

Thank you, Ian, for posting this.

He and I had several email exchanges over the years, but I met him only once at the Manassas gathering.

Andrew was a very fine fellow ... kind, affable, and helpful.

Bill

lcjohnny and kindoy2 like this post

Back to top Go down
kindoy2
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kindoy2

PostSubject: Re: Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia   Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:09 am

RIP...
Back to top Go down
Blue Meatball
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Blue Meatball

PostSubject: Re: Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia   Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:17 pm

Ian, thanks for posting this brother! Andrew was a very dear friend, and we'll miss him terribly. He was supremely humble for a guy who would ride the friggin wheels off any motorcycle. In my mind he was a leader and ambassador of our sport, a solid character who didn't need anyone's affirmation to do what he wanted to do. There's no question our lives won't be the same without him being part of the conversation whenever we get together.

Godspeed old friend and enjoy the endless roads where you are.

-Gary

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia   Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:13 am

My Deepest condolences to Andrew's friends and family. I didn't know the man, but I feel your pain. We on the west coast and throughout the Guzzi world are still reeling from the loss of our great friend, Steak. R.I.P. Andrew.

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Bill Hagan and Blue Meatball like this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
iansteri
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
iansteri

PostSubject: Re: Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia   Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:14 pm

To one and all:

The Culpepper family will be having a remembrance for Andrew on January 8, 2023 at the King George Citizens Center from 1:00 to 5:00pm. Address and link to the center are below. All are invited to come and share in sending off an outstanding human being, motorcyclist, and friend.

8076 Kings Highway
King George, VA 22485
540-775-9780
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Best regards,
Ian Forbes

MotoCuzzi13 likes this post

Back to top Go down
MotoCuzzi13
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoCuzzi13

PostSubject: Re: Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia   Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:33 am

iansteri wrote:
To one and all:

The Culpepper family will be having a remembrance for Andrew on January 8, 2023 at the King George Citizens Center from 1:00 to 5:00pm. Address and link to the center are below. All are invited to come and share in sending off an outstanding human being, motorcyclist, and friend.

8076 Kings Highway
King George, VA 22485
540-775-9780

Best regards,
Ian Forbes

I never got the chance to meet since I just joined this forum. However, I'll be there and hope those monthly dinners continue in his memory.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
MotoCuzzi13
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoCuzzi13

PostSubject: Re: Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia   Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:34 am

Just checking that this is till going on this weekend? Also, anyone want to meet up and ride?
Back to top Go down
iansteri
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
iansteri

PostSubject: Re: Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia   Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:34 am

Thank you for asking....this is the latest sent out

This is a reminder for anyone planning to attend Andrew's memorial this coming weekend. I checked-in with Andrew's sister to verify that all the details are still accurate and there is one notable exception. The event now runs from 2:00 to 5:00 (not 1:00 to 5:00 as previously stated). All the other previously provided information (see below) is still spot on.

The Culpepper family will be having a remembrance for Andrew on January 8, 2023 at the King George Citizens Center from 2:00 to 5:00pm. Address and link to the center are below. All are invited to come and share in sending off an outstanding human being, motorcyclist, and friend.

8076 Kings Highway
King George, VA 22485
540-775-9780

Best regards,
Ian Forbes

MotoCuzzi13 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia   Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:21 pm

I plan to be there.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia   Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:13 am

I was able to attend Andrew's memorial service, tho it was a near thing.  

I let the water run to get hot “for just a minute” while I grabbed a sport jacket from the closet.  Distracted, doh, I discovered that the overflow drain was about as useful as a new Buick’s “portholes,” so water was everywhere.   Embarassed  

Naturally, I left Kathi with that and headed for King George — the reckoning for that awaits.   Shocked  

I signed in and wandered around among the 70 or so — I flunked Crowd Estimate 101 — folks.  I saw no one I recognized.  I even sidled up to a few guys who had the look of Guzzisti — tho, possibly given the occasion, none wore suspenders.  Very Happy   

I had on a Guzzi lapel pin, but it went unnoticed.  I regret not asking them and some others.  

If I missed anyone reading this who was also there, apologies.

Most folks appeared to me to be family or locals from the Dahlgren Navy center where Andrew worked for many years.  There was a nifty slideshow rolling on a screen of pix of Andrew from "way back when” to recently.  Many photos, of course, included Moto Guzzis.  It was interesting to eavesdrop on some chatter.  One guy said to his companions: “I never knew Dennis was into motorcycles; did you?”  I did not stay long.

I attach a memorial card that was there, with Andrew’s beaming face — his usual look in my limited memory — on one side, and brief bio on the other.

Andrew was, as most everyone getting this knows, a great guy and will be missed.  

I took the fast way to get the 120 or so miles to get there, but jumped up from King George to SR 218 for the run back to Fredericksburg. I thought Andrew would have appreciated that as it’s a delightful run of pavement that he no doubt knew well.  I’ve made that run before on two wheels, but even in my Honda Fit, it was fun.

Poignantly, yesterday was also the first anniversary of the death of another great motorcycling — albeit not a Guzzista — friend, Dennis Kristof, killed while leading a moto-tour group in Thailand on 8 January 2022.  

Yesterday, we again flew the flags of Germany and Thailand, with mourning streamers, and the Stars & Stripes at half-staff, at our home in his honor …

More about Dennis here:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bill

paulbrice, JohnA, DC950 and Clancy like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia   Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Passing of Andrew Culpepper of N. Virginia
Page 1 of 1