GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Oil pressure issues.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Oil pressure issues. Empty
PostSubject: Oil pressure issues.   Oil pressure issues. Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:18 pm

Another fine example of why it's a really good idea to replace the gasket between the block and spacer on pre 2015 Grisos and all other CARC bikes with the exception of the Bellagio.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is the problem that someone's mate in, I think, Scandinavia somewhere was having with several Stelvios a week or two ago.

The answer is to replace the shitty factory gasket with an aftermarket one that is of thicker and more 'Crushable' construction. Once done the new gasket won't fail.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Oil pressure issues.   Oil pressure issues. Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:28 pm

Finally got around to getting Michael to pull the sump and spacer off the yellow bike today. I'd been worried for a while that at certain points in the warm up cycle it had been pretty clanky. It settled OK when warm but it had thrown no pressure warnings and the chain tensioners were silent.

The gasket looked worse than the one above.

Big end shells?

Glad we have two sets in stock.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Oil pressure issues.   Oil pressure issues. Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:53 am

Hmm. Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Oil pressure issues.   Oil pressure issues. Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:15 am

Your engine would have the decent gasket in it Mark. My issue was entirely my fault. I wanted my bike back on the road so I flung in the new motive unit without doing the gasket. No Purple Hearts for self inflicted wounds.

The damage looks very similar to the damage with my first motor but that had DLC damage as well.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Oil pressure issues.   Oil pressure issues. Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:14 am

It's all good. I have no concerns about my engine. It's the cordial.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Oil pressure issues.   Oil pressure issues. Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:20 pm

Well the yellow bike is back together and considerably quieter than it was. cheers what was a bit of a pain was Michael dropped one of the 'Wings' while refitting it and it fell awkwardly and snapped in two! Really weird as they're not particularly fragile and I've dropped them many times with no significant damage but it just snapped clean in two! It's all glued up again and I'll just get it repainted, maybe even swap it for an unbroken one and turn it into a 'B' team item, but Michael is really dirty on himself which he shouldn't be because accidents happen and it's not like it's important!

It would happen just after it was repainted though wouldn't it? Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oil pressure issues.   Oil pressure issues. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Oil pressure issues.
Page 1 of 1