GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Bleeding front brakes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

Bleeding front brakes Empty
PostSubject: Bleeding front brakes   Bleeding front brakes Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:16 am

I’m about to proceed down the path of changing brake fluid on a 2019 SE. I found the bleed nipple at front callipers is on bolt that attaches brake line to calliper. So how does fluid get changed within calliper, surely fluid just goes down hose and out the bleed nipple? Or am I missing something?
Edit: do I take calliper off and press pistons back in so fluid comes out nipple?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Advice please!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding front brakes   Bleeding front brakes Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:53 am

Stop over-thinking it. Just bleed them.

kindoy2, eighteight and SemperVee1 like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding front brakes   Bleeding front brakes Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:31 am

(Deleted post added for context.)

'Is that another way of sayin you don’t know Pete? Caught you out haha.

Just seems like bleed nipple should be at other end of calliper.'

No. It's just that where moisture gets in is at the reservoir. The amount that will get down behind the pistons is minimal. Generally what you are flushing out is the old fluid and any mank from the master cylinder seals or bores. When you change the pads you'll be pushing the caliper pistons all the way back. Then you bleed and flush out the caliper fluid. Simple.

If the nipple was at the other end of the caliper you'd just end up getting virtually unflushable air into it rendering it a cunt of a job to bleed. I suggest you experiment with the rear brake on a V1 Tuono if you want to find out what a complete prick of an idea that is! Twisted Evil

Don't over think it. Just bleed it conventionally.

kindoy2 and eighteight like this post

Back to top Go down
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding front brakes   Bleeding front brakes Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:51 am

Well, seeing as you want to keep this going.

Surely if you brake hard, a lot, the fluid boils (brake fade) and therefore creates moisture?? Y/N

Yours - Nerd/overthinker
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding front brakes   Bleeding front brakes Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:22 am

Sorry. I didn't realise I was dealing with an expert.

kindoy2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding front brakes   Bleeding front brakes Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:09 pm

Andrewpatrol wrote:
Well, seeing as you want to keep this going.

Surely if you brake hard, a lot, the fluid boils (brake fade) and therefore creates moisture?? Y/N

Yours - Nerd/overthinker

Boiling in brake fluid does not create moisture. If brake fluid gets contaminated ( a lot) by moisture that H2O can boil in the fluid.

As Pete says most mank gets into the master cylinder with 'clean' oil or from master cyl/piston wear.
Your real problem on bleeding front brakes is that the master cylinder is a metre above the bleed nipple.
Some people like suckers to pull the fluid and mank downwards, in my experience they pull in so much air from around the bleed nipple I find them useless.
Yes the hose should probably go to the bottom of the caliper with the nipple at the top, but no one does it that way because it is not really a problem.

eighteight likes this post

Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding front brakes   Bleeding front brakes Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:02 pm

" Mank" ?
Over here that`s "Mung" !

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding front brakes   Bleeding front brakes Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:08 am

Stab me in the eye 3X................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding front brakes   Bleeding front brakes Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Bleeding front brakes
Page 1 of 1