GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Newb GRiSO wannebe

Go down 
+3
Pawel Spoon
beetle
Flatlander
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Flatlander
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Flatlander

Newb GRiSO wannebe Empty
PostSubject: Newb GRiSO wannebe   Newb GRiSO wannebe Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:12 am

Greetings from Kansas guys! Joined the forum a couple weeks ago and am amazed at the amount of enthusiasm and tech info here! I’m looking to purchase a GRiSO soon. Have a good (I think) 2016 spotted to check out and hopefully buy this weekend.
Any recommendations on what to go over on the bike once it’s home? ( I plan to change all fluids, and check cable adjustments although the bike only has 1000 miles).

Flatlander

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Newb GRiSO wannebe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newb GRiSO wannebe   Newb GRiSO wannebe Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:21 am

The swingarm bearings and shock linkage are what you need to check and grease.

The Guzzi factory has greasaphobia.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Flatlander likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

Newb GRiSO wannebe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newb GRiSO wannebe   Newb GRiSO wannebe Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:10 pm

welcome and good luck for the purchase !

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

Newb GRiSO wannebe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newb GRiSO wannebe   Newb GRiSO wannebe Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:51 pm

Welcome & enjoy the 1st service. I'll be doing some on a 16 GRiSO today I burped to life in 16'.

Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

Newb GRiSO wannebe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newb GRiSO wannebe   Newb GRiSO wannebe Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:00 pm

beetle wrote:

The swingarm bearings and shock linkage are what you need to check and grease.

There seems to be lots of bearings in the shock linkage. I guess they all need grease, but are some of them more likely to be worn out then others?
Should they eventually be changed all at the same time?
Back to top Go down
Flatlander
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Flatlander

Newb GRiSO wannebe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newb GRiSO wannebe   Newb GRiSO wannebe Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:54 pm

Thanks guys. Beetle I will certainly have a look at the bearings!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Newb GRiSO wannebe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newb GRiSO wannebe   Newb GRiSO wannebe Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:15 pm

bjor wrote:

There seems to be lots of bearings in the shock linkage. I guess they all need grease, but are some of them more likely to be worn out then others?

They're needles, and I would think the machined holes in "dog bone" would likely become out of round before the bearings required replacement?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Newb GRiSO wannebe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newb GRiSO wannebe   Newb GRiSO wannebe Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:02 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Flatlander! Good luck this weekend.

Pete (Street)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

Newb GRiSO wannebe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newb GRiSO wannebe   Newb GRiSO wannebe Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:08 pm

beetle wrote:
bjor wrote:

They're needles, and I would think the machined holes in "dog bone" would likely become out of round before the bearings required replacement?

Sounds logic.
Am changing the shock this winter and was wondering what I should be prepared for... Wink
Now I know. Thanks! cheers

By the way, if the machined holes starts to get oval, wonder if they could be mended with alu-brazing... Question
Might try it just for fun...
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Newb GRiSO wannebe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newb GRiSO wannebe   Newb GRiSO wannebe Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:06 am

@Bjor
If they salt the roads around you and the bike has been used in winter it is likely that the needle rollers will need greasing every year.
If not greased they will rust and wear away.

When new they are trapped in a in a steel outer bearing sleeve.

You can get new bearings to press in and the side seals and the bearing centres or journals. When i did mine 2 year ago the links complete with bearings cost less than replacing all the parts

Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

Newb GRiSO wannebe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newb GRiSO wannebe   Newb GRiSO wannebe Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:54 pm

They don't salt the side roads, but the main roads, - it's really bad for brakes, bearings, etc.!
However, if go with the bike during the winter, it's with my Cali 2 with side car, not my beloved GRiSO  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

But still it could be good to grease the bearings from time to time. Will be interesting to see how they are...
I'll start the job in good time before the season in case I will have to order a complete set of links.

Thanks again for good advise Jon cheers

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newb GRiSO wannebe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newb GRiSO wannebe   Newb GRiSO wannebe Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Newb GRiSO wannebe
Page 1 of 1