GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SemperVee1
Carlotto
Carlotto
SemperVee1

What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be? Empty
PostSubject: What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be?   What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:52 pm

On CARC 07 Norge. First time using Guzzidiag - Set the TPS 4.6. Balanced the Throttle bodies and reset the changed TPS back to 4.6

What should the CO trim be with a K&N air filter and Staintune muffler suggestion? I have NOT done "reset the Auto learning parameters (ECU fuel trims)" Here is the map info. Built in 2006.09.14 Map 2229NGR1207. It was a very early Norge GT build in October of 2006 according to the VIN.

It idles and runs fine, but does smell like there is some unburned fuel. From cold start goes to 1200 rpm then settles down into a nice steady 1000 RPM very quickly. I'm guessing it must be running a little rich as I have been riding in town mostly and only put in Non Ethanol Premium gas and
getting 30-32 MPG? *With a little muffler hiccuping when rolling off down throttle.

No hiccups or hunting going up thru the throttle or gears, seems pretty smooth & no issues at any speed up to 80. Completely stock unmolested map. Have NOT done "reset the Auto learning parameters (ECU fuel trims)"

Do I need to do anything about resetting relearning or knowing about on/off setting or open/closed (Lambda). Not sure what that is?

*What Should I be looking for in GuzziDiag to check? What should the CO trim be with a K&N air filter and Staintune muffler?

Thanks from the Newbie Guzzista in training....
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be?   What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:48 pm

If that’s the original stock map, it doesn’t matter what GD reports the CO trim to, as lambda will be active, and therefore CO trim will be inactive.

32 mpg is high consumption for a 2V Norge, especially with a rock strainer air filter.

You sure it hasn’t been remapped?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be?   What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:08 pm

First thing? Piss off the shitty filter unless you're keen on buying replacement throttlebodies.

As Mark sez, if it's the stock map the lambda input will tell the ecu what to trim the fuel to and it can't be altered. If you turn off the lambda input? Then trimming the CO becomes feasible.
Back to top Go down
SemperVee1
Carlotto
Carlotto
SemperVee1

PostSubject: Re: What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be?   What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:50 am

Thanks for the info Gents. New air filter came on the bike - so will be sourcing OEM if available when I order maint resupply. Won't worry about CO2 then since map is OEM and nothing is turned off per the original owner.. Since you did not address Reset auto learning parameters I will assume it is not something to worry about.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be?   What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:51 am

If you look at the parameters in GD you can see the voltage should match what the service manual states.
I have personally seen the afr on a K&N and stock paper, stock paper flows more air according to the sensor used. You should also see when it goes open loop.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be?   What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:16 am

SemperVee1 wrote:
 Since you did not address  Reset auto learning parameters I will assume it is not something to worry about.  

It certainly won't hurt to reset them. It doesn't have a black box fooler like a FatDuc or IAT gizmo? The high fuel consumption concerns me.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
SemperVee1
Carlotto
Carlotto
SemperVee1

PostSubject: Re: What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be?   What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:22 pm

I'll do the reset and get a better reading when I take it for a longer ride that includes a freeway run.
When I am underway the dash reads that I am getting 43- 56 mpg.. The average is of course nowhere near that. But when weather permits I will get a more accurate accounting
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be?   What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:37 pm

SemperVee1 wrote:
.... When I am underway the dash reads that I am getting 43- 56 mpg..  

In my experience i have never seen a dashboard fuel consumption meter that works -
My GRiSO one was particularly fictional - about 18% out before i changed the scalar
(but even now it is still ocasionally wrong by 5% plus).

Mileage between fillups is accurate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SemperVee1
Carlotto
Carlotto
SemperVee1

PostSubject: Re: What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be?   What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:10 pm

GuzziSteve wrote:
If you look at the parameters in GD you can see the voltage should match what the service manual states.
I have personally seen the afr on a K&N and stock paper, stock paper flows more air according to the sensor used. You should also see when it goes open loop.

I am very familiar with tuning AFR in real time under load. Do you recall what if any it was? My 2012 Victory I had tuned to run mostly 12.5 at idle - 14 AFR at 1/4 throttle while at cruise speed.
Back to top Go down
SemperVee1
Carlotto
Carlotto
SemperVee1

PostSubject: Re: What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be?   What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:12 pm

lcjohnny wrote:
SemperVee1 wrote:
.... When I am underway the dash reads that I am getting 43- 56 mpg..  

In my experience i have never seen a dashboard fuel consumption meter that works -
My GRiSO one was particularly fictional - about 18% out before i changed the scalar
(but even now it is still ocasionally wrong by 5% plus).

Mileage between fillups is accurate Very Happy

Good to know. I am only getting to know her in the past month and all her secrets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be?   What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What should my 07 Norge CO2 reading be?
Page 1 of 1