GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Fuel injectors removal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wilbur
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Wilbur

Fuel injectors removal Empty
PostSubject: Fuel injectors removal   Fuel injectors removal Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:48 pm

Doing a throttle body clean on 2016 SE and I’ve read that it’s better to remove RH injector rather than risk buggering it. I’ve taken out the little screw that holds the guard and injector in but then how does it come from manifold, just a firm tug with a twist? I don’t want to bust it.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Fuel injectors removal   Fuel injectors removal Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:08 pm

Yup, they just pull out. Do be very careful of the connector terminal though. They are easy to break.

Reinstall with a smear of rubber grease on the o-ring seal and it will be much easier nex time.

Wilbur likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wilbur
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Wilbur

PostSubject: Re: Fuel injectors removal   Fuel injectors removal Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:03 pm

Thanks for that.
Further question - the rubber connectors from airbox to throttles seems to have a light smear of a silicone where their grooves sit in airbox. Should I re-smear a bit on given it’s downstream from air filter
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Fuel injectors removal   Fuel injectors removal Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:45 pm

The air trumpets seal pretty well but if you've got the ox out it will do no harm to renew the *Whatever it is* on the grooves. What is really important is that the drain hoses, the clear plastic ones, are both in place, intact and plugged and that bath the vapour hose from the condensor box and the stepper hose are sound, connected and in no danger of popping off!

kindoy2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wilbur
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Wilbur

PostSubject: Re: Fuel injectors removal   Fuel injectors removal Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:56 pm

Thanks for your advice the other day Pete. All done, just a lit bit of oily sludge in TB so glad I did it.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Fuel injectors removal   Fuel injectors removal Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:05 pm

You're welcome.
Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: Fuel injectors removal   Fuel injectors removal Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:49 am

Pete Roper wrote:
The air trumpets seal pretty well but if you've got the ox out it will do no harm to renew the *Whatever it is* on the grooves. What is really important is that the drain hoses, the clear plastic ones, are both in place, intact and plugged and that bath the vapour hose from the condensor box and the stepper hose are sound, connected and in no danger of popping off!
I recently replaced the shock on my GRiSO, and found that one of those clear hoses was broken near the shock. Both ends under the motor were blocked, but I was able to pull the broken one out.
I could see the other one ran up to the airbox, but I have no idea where the othere one used to go to. Being plugged, I was concerned about that broken one, but the bike started up and seems to run OK. We've been having a record cold snap, so I haven't had it out on the road for a ride yet.
So if one clear hose goes to the airbox, where did the other one go ?
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Fuel injectors removal   Fuel injectors removal Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:07 pm

"So if one clear hose goes to the airbox, where did the other one go ?"

They both go to the airbox, just different places. If you take out the air filter you can feel around and find the two drains.

Florida lime likes this post

Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: Fuel injectors removal   Fuel injectors removal Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:13 pm

guzziownr wrote:
"So if one clear hose goes to the airbox, where did the other one go ?"

They both go to the airbox, just different places. If you take out the air filter you can feel around and find the two drains.
Thanks for that information.
Since I couldn't see the other drain line coming from anywhere externally, does it make sense to just plug that hole in the airbox ?
Makes me wonder why there are two drains for the airbox. I'll take a closer look again once the garage isn't as cold as my refrigerator. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Fuel injectors removal   Fuel injectors removal Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:29 pm

One drain is at the bottom of the box at the front, (you have to get down and squint under the throttlebodies to see it.) and reg other one comes off the left rear of the box poking out sideways.

The front one is to allow the drainage of oil residue which may be expelled from the breather system, especially if the engine is over filled. The one at the rear is called a 'Water drain'. But what sort of storm you'd have to be riding through to get water to get past/through the filter and settle in the box is a mystery to me!

Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: Fuel injectors removal   Fuel injectors removal Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:52 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
One drain is at the bottom of the box at the front, (you have to get down and squint under the throttlebodies to see it.) and reg other one comes off the left rear of the box poking out sideways.

The front one is to allow the drainage of oil residue which may be expelled from the breather system, especially if the engine is over filled. The one at the rear is called a 'Water drain'. But what sort of storm you'd have to be riding through to get water to get past/through the filter and settle in the box is a mystery to me!

I can see the one at the bottom of the airbox, but don't see one on the left at all. There is an unused clip in that area that looks like it could have held one at some point.
I'll see what it looks like when I pull the air filter out again.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Fuel injectors removal   Fuel injectors removal Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:07 pm

It's,usually hiding behind the bottom 'mudguard'. There's a slot cut into it. If you push it up, you will see it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Fuel injectors removal   Fuel injectors removal Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:26 pm

If you look at this pic of the Yellow Bike, just forward of the bend in the exhaust where it enters the muffler you can see the clear hose that is the 'Water drain' as it loops in to it's spigot on the back of the airbox.

Sorry, it's not a brilliant pic, but if you zoom in look just below the rear footrest hanger plate upper bolt and top bolt of the pillion footrest frame and you can hopefully see the hose.

Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: Fuel injectors removal   Fuel injectors removal Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:52 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
If you look at this pic of the Yellow Bike, just forward of the bend in the exhaust where it enters the muffler you can see the clear hose that is the 'Water drain' as it loops in to it's spigot on the back of the airbox.

Sorry, it's not a brilliant pic, but if you zoom in look just below the rear footrest hanger plate upper bolt and top bolt of the pillion footrest frame and you can hopefully see the hose.
Definitely don't have that one.
Like I said, I saw the broken end of that tubing in front of the shock when I did the swap. The end was old and dirty, so that section of drain has not been there during my ownership.
The empty clip I do see on the left side does look like it would hold that tubing before it runs past the clutch and down next to the other clear drain.
This is what I saw after breaking off another small of tubing after getting the old shock out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel injectors removal   Fuel injectors removal Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Fuel injectors removal
Page 1 of 1