GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Guzzi Diag LH injector test

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dean68uk
Carlotto
Carlotto

Guzzi Diag LH injector test Empty
PostSubject: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:22 pm

Morning All Have been lurking for awhile absorbing all the information.
Having a cold start issue with my 2010. Taking  a couple of attempts then runs rough until warm.
Full ballance and tune prior. Termignoni beetle map uploaded . TPS reset etc.
When I use Guzzi Diag to fire the injectors, only the RH will fire even when selecting the LH injector to test !
Bike will run after a couple of starts and both cylinders are running and getting hot.
Any one else seen this?
Thanks Regards Dean.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:52 pm

How many km and what year? If it's sat unused for any length of time it may have a gummy injector.

When you say it's had a full tune up? Was this done by you or by a shop?
Back to top Go down
Dean68uk
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:03 pm

Hi Pete. I did the valves, balance TP reset learning parameters etc myself using the information from here. Valves .1 and .15. Mechanical cam timing all double checked.
2010 with 3500 kms on it.
New genuine iwp 190 injectors
Replacement fuel hose with stronger FI hose.
New leads and NGK caps and plugs.
Stepper cleaned and can hear moving.
Idle settlles to 1250 when warm.
Farts and pops from cold. will not take throttle.

Back to top Go down
Dean68uk
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:07 pm

New battery also. Balancing with Morgan carbtune and double checked the readings.

Back to top Go down
Dean68uk
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:18 pm

Also new intake boots and all clamps tight.
Throttle body cleaned.
air bleeds closed for balancing and opened and set after high rpm balancing.
LH air blled opened slightly to balance at idle.
Stepper cleaned and hoses checked and fitted secure.
Can't find any exhaust leaks either.
I also did the roller conversion in the summer and all was ok.
Just since the weather went to 15 degrees C.
LH injector sprays when engine is running. but not in the Guzzi diag test.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:36 pm

Sounds like you've done everything right.👍 I'll think about it but from this remove it's hard to make any sensible suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Dean68uk
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:40 pm

I looked at the info on here trying to work it out before asking. .
I would think not taking throttle from cold it is weak mixture but the plugs look rich. Smells rich too but acts like an old carb with no choke.
Will try a co trim . Currently at 4 will try 0 just because of the plug colour.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:30 pm

Dean68uk wrote:

LH injector sprays when engine is running.  but not in the Guzzi diag test.

Check your start-up relay and main injection relay connections. The injectors are controlled from the secondary injection relay, which activates briefly when the key is switched on. It's not active until after the main relay closes when you start the engine.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Dean68uk
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:36 pm

CO trim change to 0 made it worse.
Both injectors fire with a good spray pattern if you turn the engine over on the start button .but the LH won't fire in the Guzzi Diag actuator test. Testing LH or RH simply fires the RH injector.
Would a bad relay stop the injectors working totally?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:35 am

Since they're firing when you press the starter, need to consider what's happening with the GuzziDiag test. I haven't used the test for a very long time, but my pea-brain vaguely recall they both fire simultaneously, despite being able to select left or right. The logic of the relay arrangement says that the main relay has to be closed for the secondary relay to be closed. The ECU grounds the injectors to fire them, so I'd be checking that with a multimeter.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Dean68uk
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:42 am

Thankyou for the reply. I will look into that.
If I increase the CO trim to 10 or more the bike runs better. Go too high like 18 to 20 and the idle goes up to 1500
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:10 am

A 2010 would have had IWP 189's originally. It would be good to fire the 190's into a container to check the volume is equal.

If increasing the CO made it idle better, we might consider tweaking the map so it's a bit richer at idle with CO = 0.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Dean68uk
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:13 am

Are the 189 and 190 interchangeable? Doesn't the 190 flow slightly more? Or could this be my issue?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:54 am

Does it pull all the way to the rev limiter at 8,000 plus when it's warm?
Back to top Go down
Dean68uk
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:55 am

Yes it does. Infact runs better over 4000 rpm.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:13 am

OK, that rules that idea out....🤨
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:22 am

You have probably considered this....but Morgan Carbtune balancers suffer from vagaries like any gauge. Due to friction and assembly tolerances one tube will almost certainly read different to the other.

It is possible this is upsetting your synch so one throttle is late coming to the party.

Can you try swapping the gauges over and compare the readings when you balance?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:11 am

Actually, I tell a lie. The later 2010 models did come with 190's, but there may have been a changeover area where early ones may have had 189's.

According to my own records (which I probably should have checked rather than rely on my shit memory), specs on the 190 is 10% more flow than the 189. They also have a different spray pattern. I still reckon a volume test is required. The right cylinder has higher pulse widths at idle than the left with the Termi map. Using the GuzziDiag injector test should produce equal volumes.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Dean68uk
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:48 am

I put the carb tune pipes to one port to ensure the readings were equal to eliminate a false balance.
I can't use Guzzi diag to test the volume as the LH injector won't fire from Guzzi diag. Odd that it fires when the engine runs.
I think the LH cylinder runs better or stronger than the RH.
Mine did have dirty iwp189 as original but these were swapped for new genuine iwp 190s

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:51 am

Have you tried running the right injector off the right electrical connection and run the Guzzi Diag test?
Back to top Go down
Dean68uk
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:54 am

RH injector fires correctly when you select the RH injector test. When you select the LH injector test it also fires the RH injector!
LH and RH ignition tests fire the correct side as selected.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:56 am

Dean68uk wrote:
RH injector fires correctly when you select  the  RH injector test.  When you select the LH injector  test it also fires the RH injector!
LH and RH ignition tests fire the correct side as selected.
My bad
didn't read your post closely enough Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:44 pm

My pea-brain was right. Regardless of which injector you select, both fire during the test. Just tested my own GRiSO.

Curiously, the right one was much louder than the left. I actually had to feel the left one to make sure it was firing.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Dean68uk
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:37 pm

Will repeat the test. Thanks for doing that.
Back to top Go down
Dean68uk
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:57 am

Just wanted to say a big thankyou to all that helped me. The problem was low fuel pressure. The pump is absolutely rotten and the filter hose has split.

lcjohnny, Speedfrog and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Guzzi Diag LH injector test
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next