GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available?

Go down 
+6
Oz1200Guzzi
Grisonut
Slo_Mo_Shun
beetle
Pete Roper
grisorosso
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jeremyb
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
jeremyb

Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available?   Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:24 am

Slo_Mo_Shun wrote:
Right have PM'd GrissoRosso (Richo). I have ordered a pack and will send them on to Australia after confirming fit etc. Will post details and pics here as soon as I get them.

I didnt realize the price was for 20, not anywhere near as bad as I thought.

Richo, dont buy yourself, I am happy to send a packet to Australia, the Australians on here do enough for me (Beetles maps, Petes advice etc.) We can work something out if more than one pack is required.

All the best
Pete

Pete (actually, both the Pete's), let me know how these fit.
I'm in need of two, so I'll volunteer to order and take care of the 'US Distribution' if they work out.
I'll try and order them directly (vendor says 'doesn't ship to US - what are they - Anthrax ??) so I may need Pete (Slo_Mo) to receive/forward them.

And - I very nearly Googled 'Aussie Postie Rubbers' - that would have been interesting.....   cheers

Jeremy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available?   Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:34 am

And - I very nearly Googled 'Aussie Postie Rubbers' - that would have been interesting..... cheers

Jeremy

After 23 years in that vocation I can say, you'll meed more than rubber for protection.
Back to top Go down
Slo_Mo_Shun
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Slo_Mo_Shun

PostSubject: Re: Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available?   Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:48 pm

Okay, they just arrived. IMHO, rubbish. They are not rubber, synthetic or natural, they are in fact plastic. There is no water sealing ability whatsoever. If you take a look at the pics you will notice that although the side view dimensions are not far off, the end nearest the twist grip is way over size and will allow water ingress with all the problems that may cause. Here are the pics. Richo, if you want them mate I am happy to send them if you pm me your address. Off to see if they are made of shrink wrap or something similar, grrrr.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available?   Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:11 pm

jeremyb wrote:
And - I very nearly Googled 'Aussie Postie Rubbers' - that would have been interesting.....   cheers

Jeremy

Here, let me Google that for you...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available?   Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:17 pm

The answer to the looseness would seem to be cable ties. Let's face it you don't need to adjust them very often so once they are adjusted right you can just use a small tie to tighten them down to seal. Pity they aren't perfect but they're a lot better than nothing.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available?   Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:19 pm

Slo_Mo_Shun wrote:
Okay, they just arrived. IMHO, rubbish. They are not rubber, synthetic or natural, they are in fact plastic. There is no water sealing ability whatsoever. If you take a look at the pics you will notice that although the side view dimensions are not far off, the end nearest the twist grip is way over size and will allow water ingress with all the problems that may cause. Here are the pics. Richo, if you want them mate I am happy to send them if you pm me your address. Off to see if they are made of shrink wrap or something similar, grrrr.

Well that is certainly disappointing...

But to your point S_M_S, what's to stop a fella from just using a couple inches of heat shrink tubing instead? Cheap and utilitarian to make suspenders snap and cobs light up the world over...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
grisorosso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
grisorosso

PostSubject: Re: Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available?   Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:08 am

Slo_Mo_Shun,
I'm most grateful for the appraisal, a less than stellar outcome on both size and material.
Possible low cost solutions...
1. Plastic doesn't offer (on appearance) flexibility, an oring could likely make the seal weatherproof.
2. An application of butyl mastic, despite potential for being messy.
3. Cable tie as suggested by Pete Roper.

Provided they offer sufficient UV resistance, could work better than nothing.
There's no repair for split boots, other than cable replacement.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available?   Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:27 am

Well of you're gonna use a cable tie, why not use the Dell'orto ones? At least they're rubber.

If it were me, I'd just use heat shrink.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available?   Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:56 am

Only problem with heat shrink is it isn't easily moveable to make adjustments. You'd have to cut it off and then replace it which once again requires disconnecting the cables at both ends which is a horrible embuggerance.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available?   Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:03 am

True, but how much do they stretch? I've only had to adjust mine once in 15K kms.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available?   Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:06 am

As you say, very little. I don't think I've touched mine since I set them up at the first service back when Jesus was in nappies!

Pete
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available?   Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:32 am

i find them to be more of a PITA than anything else...just saying Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

PostSubject: Re: Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available?   Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:29 am

so ya want some good ones that will last forever huh...who wants to pony up we can have a mold made and have a repop with the guzzi logo and all done at clauss studios in black urethane...after the first order they will be a catalog item from them and avail from here on out... they have done stuff for me before and do a good job we just have to gave a good original to send them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available?   Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:35 am

Well that could be the answer.

I have a couple of *New* throttle cables, (Bought for my 1100 and never used.) in my spares stock. I haven't checked but I see no reason the rubbers wouldn't still be good, they are in bags, very dusty but sealed bags, in the workshop.

Would you like me to send one to you? Or should I get in contact with this mob direct?

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available?   Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:09 pm

Also had a bloke in the ol' dart CNC a complete set of brake seals for my RS250 a few years ago.
He did 20 sets at £160 each, but included both master cylinders and calipers.
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

PostSubject: Re: Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available?   Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:24 pm

Would be happy to forward a good part to clauss and see about delivery and pricing, Are the ones on your spare cables like current and marked guzzi? The only reason I ask is it would be good to send them an entire cable so they can check the fit of the internal shape of their part and make sure the plug of their mold was making the internal shape perfect to fit the adjuster. and if they are being done custom might as well go all the way and not just do plain. I would buy a cable and send it off but i really do not think I would ever need a spare...I need a reliable bike with build quality like an a '76 shovel ...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available?   Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:36 pm

Sorry, got distracted. The cables I have are genuine, 'In the bag' 1100 cables. Same boots I believe. Fire me off an address and I'll pop one in the mail.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available?   Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Are Throttle Cable Cover Rubbers available?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2