GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New GRiSO Owner from Finland

Go down 
+8
lcjohnny
bioman
Pete Roper
Street
Speedfrog
kindoy2
Chris W
mickfinn
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mickfinn
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mickfinn

New GRiSO Owner from Finland Empty
PostSubject: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:37 am

Hi everyone, my first post here. I just bought a GRiSO 850 two days ago. Though the weather will keep me waiting for riding a few weeks more, see picture of my backyard today attached below….

I own a 1952 BSA A7, but the time for keeping it running was just too much, and it’s been waiting for better days in the garage for a few years now. So I’m hoping for trouble free kilometers on the road with the GRiSO. Can’t wait to be in the saddle! And will probably lurk here quite a lot in the meantime. bounce

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

beetle and Richard like this post

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:38 pm

welcome! - send pics of your new bike

mickfinn likes this post

Back to top Go down
mickfinn
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mickfinn

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:47 pm

D’oh, a pic of the bike would of course have been a good idea. Very Happy Here’s the first one I took of it.

Oz1200Guzzi, JohnA, lcjohnny and Carsonkent like this post

Back to top Go down
kindoy2
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kindoy2

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:24 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!

mickfinn likes this post

Back to top Go down
mickfinn
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mickfinn

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:14 pm

kindoy2 wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:36 pm

looks great! Thumbs Up
be prepared for the replies about making sure your new GRiSO has had it's proper maintenance as well as having been "rollerized"

mickfinn likes this post

Back to top Go down
mickfinn
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mickfinn

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:55 pm

Chris W wrote:
looks great! Thumbs Up
be prepared for the replies about making sure your new GRiSO has had it's proper maintenance as well as having been "rollerized"

Thanks, got a bunch of maintenance receipts and a service book so all should be in order to start with. And it’s only driven 36K km.

Regarding the rollerize thing isn’t that just for the 8 valve models?

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Speedfrog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Speedfrog

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:08 pm

mickfinn wrote:
Regarding the rollerize thing isn’t that just for the 8 valve models?

Yeah, no need to worry about that for your 850.

Congratulations and welcome to the Ghetto!

mickfinn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:36 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Mick!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

mickfinn likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
mickfinn
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mickfinn

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:37 pm

Street wrote:
Welcome to the Ghetto, Mick!

Pete (Street)

Thanks Pete!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:48 pm

Despite its low Kms it will need its swingarm bearings and shock linkage bearings to be inspected and packed. Other than that you're on pretty safe ground with the 850. They're a smashing little bike, enjoy.

mickfinn likes this post

Back to top Go down
mickfinn
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mickfinn

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:56 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Despite its low Kms it will need its swingarm bearings and shock linkage bearings to be inspected and packed. Other than that you're on pretty safe ground with the 850. They're a smashing little bike, enjoy.

Great info, much appreciated. Must look into that.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:24 pm

Congrats with your new bike!! Those 850's are pretty rare! Hopefully you can ride around on it soon.

mickfinn likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:27 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto MickFinn

Jon

mickfinn likes this post

Back to top Go down
mickfinn
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mickfinn

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:39 pm

bioman wrote:
Congrats with your new bike!! Those 850's are pretty rare!  Hopefully you can ride around on it soon.  

Thanks Bioman! I'm afraid that it will take a few weeks til it's safe to ride, still snowing outside as I write this...
Back to top Go down
mickfinn
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mickfinn

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:39 pm

lcjohnny wrote:
Welcome to the Ghetto MickFinn

Jon

Thank you, Jon!
Back to top Go down
jmj77
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
jmj77

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:57 pm

Welcome aboard! Maybe will see you in next Finnish Gruppo Guzzi meeting, place has not determined yet, but usually it's at beginning of August.

Regards Jani, Tenni SE 1200

Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:58 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto. I hope that snow melts soon; I plan to be riding a gravel bike (notaGriso) in Lahti next June…
Back to top Go down
mickfinn
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mickfinn

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:13 pm

jmj77 wrote:
Welcome aboard! Maybe will see you in next Finnish Gruppo Guzzi meeting, place has not determined yet, but usually it's at beginning of August.

Thank you! I’ll keep watch on the event calendars for the local Guzzi meetup, sounds like fun!

PS, love the tenni color GRiSO! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by mickfinn on Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

jmj77 likes this post

Back to top Go down
mickfinn
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mickfinn

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:17 pm

Svartipants wrote:
Welcome to the Ghetto. I hope that snow melts soon; I plan to be riding a gravel bike (notaGriso) in Lahti next June…

Thanks, and welcome yourself to Finland. It can be really nice in June though that’s still pretty early summer.
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:56 pm

Hello from Ankara-Turkiye
Welcome to grisoghetto. Happy riding with GRiSO
Back to top Go down
mickfinn
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mickfinn

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:01 pm

okuraner wrote:
Hello from Ankara-Turkiye
Welcome to grisoghetto.  Happy riding with GRiSO

Thank you, looking forward to many good kilometers on the GRiSO! Cool

okuraner likes this post

Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:52 pm

jmj77 wrote:

Keep us updated when the site has been determined, - you never know... Wink
Back to top Go down
jmj77
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
jmj77

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:59 pm

Hi, yesterday I got Gruppo's club letter, and this year meeting will be at August 18-20th, and place is Kristalliranta located at Säkylä, middle of Turku and Tampere. Before that event there are also Northern Gruppo meeting in June 16-18th. And place for that is Loma-Vietonen, near Rovaniemi, Lapland. Just before midsummer festival, sun is shining all day (and night) long. 😎
Jani

mickfinn likes this post

Back to top Go down
jmj77
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
jmj77

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:36 pm

Bjor, according your avatar, you ride a Tenni GRiSO also? Do you happen to know, how many Tenni GRiSO's are cruising around Norway? In Finland I haven't seen other than mine in live. Some years ago there was another one for sale, but never saw that either. Recently I saw some used Tenni parts in sale at one shop, which sell used bike parts. Can't help but thinking that maybe that bike was wrecked somehow.
Jani
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from Finland   New GRiSO Owner from Finland Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New GRiSO Owner from Finland
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next