GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle

Go down 
+4
GuzziSteve
Bill Hagan
Chris W
Tim Henry
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Empty
PostSubject: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:15 am

Help in stuck went to start it to go home says ecu connect no error codes in 12425 diagnosis i pulled battery for 10 minutes no dice still throws warning
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:54 am

have you checked your fuses?

Tim Henry likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:55 am

Yes
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:58 am

damn - I have no experience with this, but if has a lost connection error it sounds like a fuse or wiring issue to me

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:00 am

Rats.

Obviously, kill switch?  Yes, I know, but I had an asshat flip mine at restaurant parking lot once.

Redeploy side stand just in case its cutoff switch hung up?

Loose ground at starter?

Sorry. All lame, but best I can do before the smart folks get here.

Bill

P.S. Relays, too?  And, apropos fuses, assuming you pulled and reinserted, not merely looked for broken interiors?
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:05 am

Not starter i says ecu with plug symbol and red triangle battery 13.1v no blown fuses i pulled ecu cons and reinstalled reconected batery put main fuses back called antmanbee no experiance with that sorry i woke him his 05:00 my 0800 thought he was 6a
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:13 am

I just texted Guzzi Steve.

If he has his c/p sound up, he should weigh in more helpfully soon.

You might consider other sites while you sit and simmer there, e.g., g/t, w/g, v11, adv, etc.?

If too hard at your location, I'm happy to post for you and relay -- no pun intended! -- any news or ask responders to do it here.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:17 am

Bill Hagan wrote:
Rats.

P.S. Relays, too?  And, apropos fuses, assuming you pulled and reinserted, not merely looked for broken interiors?
good thought on the relays Bill

If you can access them, try pulling and re-installing them in an effort to clean the connections. you can also give them a light tap to free up the coil or contacts in case they have become stuck

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:20 am

Yes, Bill got me!! The issues I have had w/disconnect plug on dash is the ECU ground wire. The round terminal for frame bolt becomes loose. Recrimping wire end or replacing it has worked to fix the issue for me at least 3 times.

Tim Henry likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:29 am

Found problem last owner had guzzi shop in jax fl add a purple wire to the first relay for startus interuptus they used a shitty trailer splce i fucked with it now it runs thanks everyone for chiming in

Bill Hagan and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:32 am

cheers
ride like the wind and get to the house!

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:41 am

Amen
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:02 am

Don't forget to change that connection. Glad you found it.
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:07 am

Im going to a freinds garahe right now
Back to top Go down
SemperVee1
Carlotto
Carlotto
SemperVee1

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:58 pm

Love a happy Ending!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:52 pm

Thanks all I'm shocked a authorized dealer would do such a shitty job . And by coincidence I had spoken to original owner the day prior and showed him the picture of the oil sending unit that gave the service code for apparently since he bought bike new in 06-07, he only went to dealers for starter interuptus and other sevices and also never went above 50mph I don't have that restraint . I must have upset the applecart when I reinstalled the tank eventhough about 100miles covered.All seemed well when I got to work and sat for 12 hours then this happens thankfully not out on highway and I had enough tools to access. My plan now is to redo the wiring to a more professional install I have a background in industrial machinery and controls but retired from that many years ago and was in swiss watch sales and repairs till second semi retierement and now involved at a retirement community doing overnight sentry a few nights a week for side $. I'll follow up with pics when done.

Bill Hagan and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:22 pm

By "trailer splice", do you mean a parasitic tap, aka Scotch-Loc? The inventor of those things should be castrated with a rusty knife.
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:05 pm

Yes and its close to relay . I dont want to screw with it to take a photo till I get to a proper fix . I would love to stab thst inventor in the dick too with my EK Commando knife[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:10 am

Kill the nasterd that invented it and the fucker that used [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
it
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:47 pm

Happy ending tho

Good to hear
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:54 pm

@TIm Henry
Now you have had to rip off that bodge job..if you want a less intrusive Startus Interruptis fix.

(1) Mount a fused 30a relay down by the solenoid & give it these connections
(2) Triggering circuit
   +ive from the original solenoid fire-wire female spade
   earth to the main chassis earth on the starter cover plate 6mm stud
(3) Triggered circuit
   Input 12v big amps with a wire from the starter + terminal
   Output to the solenoid spade terminal

other details here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:50 pm

The previous owner from new said he had the startus fixed by the dealer in Jacksonville fl I can't believe they used a pos connector. I apparently pulled on it when the tank was taken off to replace the oil swich a few days prior to this issue that displayed ecu with a plug symbol. This morning I finally had time to do a permanent connection now solidly . I took it for a ride this afternoon when the rain stopped and all is well now. Next project is recovering the saddle as it has the sticky Italian vinyl syndrome. I found a local place that sells marine vinyl I'm thinking tan like the color used on Ferraris or since Im in fl Alligator
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:59 pm

Corectin to last post ecu with plug happened after wire disturbed by tank removal. Oil switch earlier had red triangle oil light on before starting and 07 error code the switch replacement cured it. I dont know how to edit posts here . Now I feel the bike is well sorted at 17+k miles
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:57 pm

Gad it worked out. I've found if you can't/won't solder properly that Positaps work reliably. I keep a few in my travel kit.
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:07 pm

If this returns I will remove the relay plug (molex) and add female spade connectors to eliminate forever but i rode a few hours today and all is well. This situation was amplified when the tank removed disturbing the crappy job the dealer did Im just thankfull to have it happen close to home/work and not in BFE so now Next project is seat cover and riding the wheels off it . I prefer this GRiSO to my old 15 8v (wrecked) and my Calvin but not as much as my first Guzzi a Quota I put almost 130k miles on it in 6yrs when a car totaled it back in 07 Guzzis are addictive
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle   Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Stuck at work parking lot dash says ecu connect with triangle
Page 1 of 1