GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed....

Go down 
+5
Oz1200Guzzi
kubbie
guzziownr
Papa Lazarou
whyrichard
9 posters
AuthorMessage
whyrichard
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
whyrichard

Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed.... Empty
PostSubject: Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed....   Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed.... Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:25 am

Hello,

My 2013 GRiSO with 6K miles on it, just taken out of my winter storage, gets the Red Triangle with the exclamation mark in the middle of it when I go wide open and the revs get up there....

I saw it flash just for a moment before shifting gears....

This, after I have changed the sump spacers and gaskets as needed with a reputable shop in CT....

What is the situation?

sigh,

Thanks,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed....   Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed.... Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:39 am

I recall Pete Rope said this is an indicator telling us to change gear.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed....   Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed.... Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:43 am

Upshift light. Scared the carp out of me the first time I saw it. Why the engine detonation symbol Guzzi? How about a friendly green arrow pointing upward?
Back to top Go down
whyrichard
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
whyrichard

PostSubject: Re: Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed....   Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed.... Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:44 am

guzziownr wrote:
Upshift light. Scared the carp out of me the first time I saw it. Why the engine detonation symbol Guzzi? How about a friendly green arrow pointing upward?

why?!?!? why do you scare us like this!!!???

thanks!
r.
Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

PostSubject: Re: Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed....   Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed.... Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:31 am

That red "shift light" is programmable too. Can move it up or down in 500 rpm increments. Can't remember of the top of my head exactly how. Think its in the setting tab in the dash.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed....   Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed.... Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:53 pm

Red triangle and exclamation mark IS NOT THE SHIFT LIGHT! A red triangle indicates something is wrong. Shift light just flashes when the revs get up there.

Since there has been work done on the bike, that is a good place to start. Have you checked the oil, for starters?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed....   Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed.... Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:42 pm

No Tony. On the GRiSO, it is the shift indicator.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Bulldog9 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed....   Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed.... Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:59 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Red triangle and exclamation mark IS NOT THE SHIFT LIGHT! A red triangle indicates something is wrong. Shift light just flashes when the revs get up there.

Since there has been work done on the bike, that is a good place to start. Have you checked the oil, for starters?

The GRiSO's dash will say *SERVICE* when something is seriously wrong with the bike.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed....   Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed.... Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:29 pm

Followed by the dreaded oil kettle of death icon...  

affraid

Viva la Fiesta

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed....   Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed.... Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:04 am

I recall that the spanner icon means service is due,
whilst the service icon will require spanners to fix Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed....   Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed.... Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:37 am

OK, my apologies, wrong again.

In my favour I was seriously hung over when I responded to that post. I was pretty good until I started drinking double shots of rum - others were double shots of bourbon and baileys.

Tainted with rust this morning - just coming good now, in time for drinks...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed....   Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed.... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Red Triangle with ! Exclamation Mark at high revs... 6K 2013 Spacer already changed....
Page 1 of 1