GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Rear wheel travel?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tinker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tinker

Rear wheel travel? Empty
PostSubject: Rear wheel travel?   Rear wheel travel? Icon_minitime1Tue May 16, 2023 10:03 pm

Hi folks does anyone know what the standard rear wheel travel is? And is it measured from rear wheel off the floor until it bottoms out? I am fitting a tail tidy and I am worried about the bracket being too close to the tyre!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Rear wheel travel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel travel?   Rear wheel travel? Icon_minitime1Tue May 16, 2023 10:16 pm

Whose tail tidy? If it's GRiSO specific one would expect it to fit?
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Rear wheel travel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel travel?   Rear wheel travel? Icon_minitime1Wed May 17, 2023 1:24 am

I've got GTM one fitted & it only slightly drops into space between tyre/seat (and then only each side of tyre) but would think any models that are actually 'tidy' wouldn't close up that big a space...I have gone slightly smaller numberplate but not by much (only about an inch each side)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tinker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tinker

Rear wheel travel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel travel?   Rear wheel travel? Icon_minitime1Wed May 17, 2023 1:16 pm

Unfortunately it is a universal Chinese affair. The biggest problem is the lump of alloy that mounts it is quite chunky and right in the middle of the tyre. Looks quite nicely made though.
Back to top Go down
archercc
Carlotto
Carlotto
archercc

Rear wheel travel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel travel?   Rear wheel travel? Icon_minitime1Wed May 17, 2023 1:36 pm

Like how chunky? Unless its massive Id think youd be having a bad time if your wheel was that close to the undertray long before the tire would touch any mounting bracket.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rear wheel travel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel travel?   Rear wheel travel? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Rear wheel travel?
Page 1 of 1