GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Termignoni is it stainless

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tinker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tinker

Termignoni is it stainless Empty
PostSubject: Termignoni is it stainless   Termignoni is it stainless Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2023 9:42 am

I have a 1200 with the large 8v exhaust looks like an 8 from the rear. The bike came with a Termignoni which I want to fit but the clamp tube is cracking up. Is the standard Termi stainless or plated? I will have to cut off the 60mm clamp and weld on a piece of tube. I did try welding up the cracks but it is thin and my welding is a bit pants. Also the pipe is stained and if the welding works I will need to polish out the mark it’s about 150mm long and all round the pipe(corrosive liquid spill maybe). So are they stainless?
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Termignoni is it stainless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Termignoni is it stainless   Termignoni is it stainless Icon_minitime1Wed May 24, 2023 12:52 am

Yes it's SS according to the paperwork that I got back in 2015 when I bought mine....personally I'd go for an 'expert' to weld it....I use a local guy who basically charges £30 for each item (& that's usually aluminium as I've had some broken 'used' small block gearboxes !)

tinker likes this post

Back to top Go down

Termignoni is it stainless
Page 1 of 1