GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Finally got my Termignoni

Go down 
+6
H-E-ROSS
wardentm
Brent S
janguzzi
Steak
hirnkrampf
10 posters
AuthorMessage
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

Finally got my Termignoni Empty
PostSubject: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:35 am

Hey folks,

finally, after hassle, return and relabelling I got my new exhaust installed. Streetlegal and beautiful to look at. I like the sound of it. It seems to be a somewhat more growling, throaty sound. Very nice indeed.

Here's a pic of it installed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:41 am

Sweet! Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:52 am

I also tried it because of the looks. But I sold it because I did not like how its sound at all (too aggressive, less bass) and without changing the mapping the bike runs like shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:05 am

Hmmm can't confirm that so far. Actually she seems to run smoother than before. Didn't change the mapping. But it may also depend on other factors, Like weather and other tunings. The sound is certainly different. Suits me though Smile
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:22 pm

I've got the termi as well. Love the look and the sound. Just make sure you keep the DB killer installed. Haven't tried it without the DB killer, but others have commented that its a little too loud without it, and it also makes the bike run less than ideally. Perhaps this is why some people have had dramas.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:33 pm

Mine came from the PO with a Termi fitted, no DBK
She/he was loud and popped, cracked and farted about, I was not really impressed
SO, I put the bdk back in, Beetle popped one of his maps on board and it's now all roses
Coai
Back to top Go down
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:40 pm

Well, while using the engine brake the popping is indeed very noticeable. But that was the always the case, even with the original exhaust, and I figured it was normal. Is that not so? I checked out the mapping tool and would sure like to give it a try. Can I find the maps on this forum to download?
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:21 am

hirnkrampf wrote:
Well, while using the engine brake the popping is indeed very noticeable. But that was the always the case, even with the original exhaust, and I figured it was normal. Is that not so?  I checked out the mapping tool and would sure like to give it a try. Can I find the maps on this forum to download?

I have the Termi as well and I like both the sound and look of it. The PO sold the bike to me with the DBK out, and while it was fun making a racket for a little while, I put The DBK back in after a  couple of weeks. The running settled in fairly well after a few rides.

This spring I installed one of Beetle's Maps with the help of Doug "WCB". While I wasn't totally dissatisfied with the performance prior, I have to say there was a marked improvement after the install. It now runs much more smoothly in low rpms. Find your map here  http://www.GRiSO.org/. A big bang for the buck! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:43 am

i too have the termi, it came with the bike, so i cannot compare it with anything else, i like the looks over the fat original version and i love the sound, mine still pops and bangs and is hesitant from cold, but i live with that.
Back to top Go down
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:53 pm

Yes thanks for the advice. I will certainly do that once she is back on the road. Currently I am really fucking pissed. The last small repair (a broken elbow-screw) by an authorized retard dipshit left me with a leaking cylinder head which has to be fixed first. If I knew a decent assessor I'd probably sue the shit out of that asshole. Honestly, selling the lady suddenly became a very compelling option when I realized that I'd been fucked once more. Just can't seem to let go...

Anyway, once this is done  there is a lot more on my list, including the famous mappings.

Last edited by hirnkrampf on Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wording for elbow...)
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:14 am

'Bend Screw'? Something lost in translation there?

Pete
Back to top Go down
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:16 am

Not sure. The screw which attaches the exhaust to the engine. Might have another name, had to look it up. Elbow seems to be an alternative... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:20 am

hirnkrampf,  It's just a leak , nothing to kill anyone over. You obviously love the bike ( lady ) do yourself a big favour , Get a map from GRiSO.org, you won't regret it.  It will get rid of the deceleration popping which is excess fuel being dragged into the exhaust caused by shit mapping, and also smooth out the surging in the low rpm range.
I've always liked the look of those pipes. never seen one in the flesh though Thumbs Up
cheers drunken
edit; Exhaust stud ????
Back to top Go down
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:25 am

Yeah I will, no worries. And won't sell the bike either.  However, it is not just a leak. The guy obviously messed up the cylinder while trying to get the screw out with the drilling machine. He even managed to scratch the frame while doing that. And instead of checking if everything was ok afterward and saying something, he just charged me a fortune for the shitty job and sent me off with a broken engine.

If I am really lucky I may end up with just a few hundred bucks to fix this, if not it might become a very pricy issue...

With this just being the latest event in a long story of miserable lousy services provided by damn expensive "experts" I just had to let off some steam, sorry.

Last edited by hirnkrampf on Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:59 am

It's all good, we all need to vent a bit of steam from time to time , Have a couple of beers, everything is always better with beer , Prost drunken cheers
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:26 am

Can you post a pic of the problem? Not saying I have an answer but I have seen a lot of problems in the last 40 years.....Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:15 am

Sure can do. When I get get over to the garage to put the battery back in I'll take a picture. Funniest thing: Currently I cannot even start her. Hopefully it's just the battery. The starter only gives me a clicking sound and thats it. Battery voltage is just below 12. So it might be that. The battery is now charging. I'll try tomorrow and see what happens..

Back to top Go down
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:16 am

Btw: Can I order parts for the bike myself directly from MG? Or do they only deal with retailers?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:05 pm

You can't by directly from the factory but there are a host of 'Unofficial' suppliers out there of both OE and AM parts.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:41 pm

hirnkrampf wrote:
Not sure. The screw which attaches the exhaust to the engine. Might have another name, had to look it up. Elbow seems to be an alternative... Very Happy

One of the studs that holds the pipe retaining collars? How did they manage to break one of those on a newish bike?

Because they get very hot and heat-cycle every time the engine heats up and cools down they do tend to become more frangible over time but as long as care is taken its pretty difficult to snap one. Having said that one snapped on my bike at about 80,000kms. I got the local thread repair wallah out to remove the remains as removing broken studs is one of those jobs I always seem to screw up if I try to do it with the head on the engine. If I'd been doing it myself I would of just dropped the head off, stuck it on a mill and taken a suitable slot drill to it but getting someone who isn't an oaf to tackle it on the bike was a lot easier and inexpensive.

Pete
Back to top Go down
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:05 am

Hi Pete,

it wasn't the shop who broke the stud. It seems to have just snapped during riding. Not sure how this happens, but I imagine with all the heat and vibrations that this may happen from time to time. No harm done so far. I hadn't noticed the missing screw, but somehow she started to roar louder and louder and I got her to the shop. That's where the trouble started, as usual.

Check out the photos I just took. Is fairly good to see. Also I just put the battery back in and she started without hesitation.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:49 am

Ahh! That leak is probably nothing to do with anything done by any shop. While I can't be certain it looks very much like a leak from one of the cooling galleries. If you look up in between the fins up near the exhaust port you'll see a small 3mm allen hex grub screw inserted in the head. This is the plug that blocks the cooling gallery drilled to take oil around the exhaust valve seats. Occasionally they don't seal very well and can begin to weep a bit. Have a look and see if that is the source of the leak.

If it isn't the other possibility is that one of the o-rings on the plug tube that goes between the head casting and the cambox casting is weeping. If it is this oil will run out of a drain hole in the fins in line with the plug tube on the outer side of the head. If that is the source it requires the cambox to be removed for replacement which is a bit of a bore but hardly an arduous job.

Pete
Back to top Go down
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:56 pm

Hey Pete,

just wanted to give an update to you and whom else it may concern:

After having had some trouble to find a shop willing to take a look at the bike I (luckily) ended up at a small bike repair shop just around the corner. And guess what, it seems to be the first I encountered who actually enjoys doing the job and refrains from ripping of the customers.

Anyway, after we scheduled the repair he sent me off with the bike cause he could not do it right away and it didn't seem much of an issue to have my usual short commutes with the bike. So that's what I did, comfortable with the thought that I'd bring her in a couple of weeks later. Well, it didn't get to that. Two days later on my way home she broke down on the highway and I had no choice but to get her towed to the shop (well thats what I thought). However, it was not the motor that broke down but apparently just some fuse that blew. Cause it wasn't the same as before I didn't realize that and also the behavior was really weird. While riding the bike refused to accelerate more and more until I could only just barely keep the current speed. Then after a mile or so she just went out.

So instead of waiting for the scheduled date, the bike went to that said shop right away. Luckily the guy couldn't just leave her standing there in some dusty corner and instead took a closer look (she is a beauty after all). So a couple days later he called to tell me that I could pick her up and taker her for a ride. Apparently the oil leak was indeed caused by an improper repair of the broken bolt. Seems the other shop has used a bolt too short for the job and has not tied the bolts appropriately. At least that's what I understood from what he explained to me in my blissful ignorance. The electric issue however, may prove to be something else. He could not figure out where the shortage took place and advised me to check whether MG had a replacement of the cable harness issued. He said something about very tight space for the electric wiring and that some cable looked slightly scorched but he wasn't sure if this was the cause. And as he is not an MG shop he advised me to check with MG directly.

So hence my question to you:  Do you know whether there is/was a known issue with the MG GRiSO wiring of any sort?

After the repair I rode her for 2 more weeks before I left for my vacation and had no more problems. Might be luck or maybe the fuse issue was just a coincidence.

Thanks for the support!

Read on in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for my latest plans Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:06 am

Hi hirnkrampf, the blown fuse is a common problem with a dirty or aging starter motor. Someone more technical will give you details but just search forums you will find threads. There are simple fixes of either replacing 15 amp fuse with 30 amp or running a new wire, simple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my Termignoni   Finally got my Termignoni Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Finally got my Termignoni
Page 1 of 1