GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Front wheel spacer size

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

Front wheel spacer size Empty
PostSubject: Front wheel spacer size   Front wheel spacer size Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:34 pm

Hi all.
Please, is anyone able to advise on the dimensions on the front wheel axle spacer for the spoked wheels? What is the width of the spacer?
I know a different spacer is required if using cast vs spoked wheels - the spoked version is wider. But by how much?

Is there a spacer from a different model or manufacturer that may be the same size? Maybe from Aprilia or Ducati?

I need to source one in the UK, but it seems to be on backorder everywhere, with no actual leadtime for delivery.

Thanks for any help offered!
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel spacer size   Front wheel spacer size Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:26 am

I've just measured mine (spoked wheels haven't been on for years)....

a) 21 mm long
b) 30mm OD at thinest end
c) 35mm OD at raised end (you could easily 'make' this with a washer & a straight spacer)
d) 25mm ID all the way through
plus....
e) Axle is 267mm lind end to end
f) Raised bit of axle is 70.5 mm long & 30mm OD
g) Rest is 195mm & 25mm OD

I haven't pulled the seals/bearings so can't give you dimensions of the 'inner spacer' - looks like it's different BUT should be included with any wheel you bought I guess...Pic shows the 'taper step' in the spacer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

See picture for profile

JC_Guz89 likes this post

Back to top Go down
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel spacer size   Front wheel spacer size Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:25 am

Wow, perfect! Thanks so much for all of the dimensions.

That's confirmed that I already have the correct axle, but my spacer is for the cast wheels.
Now I just need to get hold of the right spacer, or find one from another model that matches up to those dimensions.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel spacer size   Front wheel spacer size Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:04 am

Looking at dimensions on-line it seems the Cast spacer is 15mm (with a raised end that pushes against forks) & the Spoked spacer is 20mm (with raised end that pushes against forks).....so if you can't get the spoked one anywhere (TLM out of stock, none obvious at Gutsibits although worth phoning); all you need is to fill the extra 5mm & reuse the cast spacer (guessing you can check yours against my dimensions.

Since the thin end goes through the seal to press on the bearing & goes in about 3-4mm I wouldn't add extra at the wheel end, but I'd put a 35mm OD x 5mm long x 25mm ID 'washer' on the thick end next to the fork.

JC_Guz89 likes this post

Back to top Go down
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel spacer size   Front wheel spacer size Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:17 am

Great idea. That's probably what I'll do if I can't get hold of the correct spacer.
Many thanks for your help on this, much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel spacer size   Front wheel spacer size Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:25 am

paulbrice wrote:
Looking at dimensions on-line it seems the Cast spacer is 15mm (with a raised end that pushes against forks) & the Spoked spacer is 20mm (with raised end that pushes against forks)....

Where did you find the dimensions online?
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel spacer size   Front wheel spacer size Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:34 am

TLM website - I input the part numbers (978498 for Spoked one & 6616300 for cast one)

JC_Guz89 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel spacer size   Front wheel spacer size Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Front wheel spacer size
Page 1 of 1