GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Front wheel spacer...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Front wheel spacer... Empty
PostSubject: Front wheel spacer...   Front wheel spacer... Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:30 pm

I got me a set of mags for my 2017 GRiSO and it's just too tight to fit between the forks with the spacer that came with the bike.
I looked at my 07 which has OEM mag wheels and it seems that the spacer on that is at least 5mm narrower.
Can anyone confirm this? Different spacer size between the two rims I mean...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel spacer...   Front wheel spacer... Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:39 pm

Confirmed.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel spacer...   Front wheel spacer... Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:34 am

Thank you Boss. Thumbs Up
I feel like a noob. lol
Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel spacer...   Front wheel spacer... Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:02 am

beetle wrote:

Confirmed.

What about the axle itself. The manual has two different part numbers for both the spacer and the spindle(axle). Spoked vs Cast front wheel. Just bought a set of cast wheels for my SE for track days.
Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

PostSubject: Axle, spacer, rotor compatibility query   Front wheel spacer... Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:10 am

Gootzibird13 wrote:
beetle wrote:

Confirmed.

What about the axle itself. The manual has two different part numbers for both the spacer and the spindle(axle). Spoked vs Cast front wheel. Just bought a set of cast wheels for my SE for track days.

Also, will the rotors off my spoked wheels mate with my new cast wheels?  They too are showing different part numbers....

Thanks
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel spacer...   Front wheel spacer... Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:07 pm

The axle (“spindle”) for the spoked wheels is longer, hence the different part number.

The discs will fit. The difference was the cast wheels had the wavy discs.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
groundhog105
Carlotto
Carlotto
groundhog105

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel spacer...   Front wheel spacer... Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:41 pm

I just installed the cast wheels on my 2017 and you need the axel and spacer from the early GRiSO plus a 10 mm spacers behind the rotors.
Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel spacer...   Front wheel spacer... Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:50 pm

See it's as I feared, not just loading up new skins and throwing em on, but a multitude of additionals....Does anyone have a part number for the spacers I will need? Or is that something that needs to be crafted by a machinist? Thanks for all the input on this sirs.
Back to top Go down
groundhog105
Carlotto
Carlotto
groundhog105

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel spacer...   Front wheel spacer... Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:38 pm

I was fortunate to have gotten the spacers with the wheels I bought. They were made out of 10 mm aluminum plate. If you have the tools you could make them or take the rotor to a machine shop and have them made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel spacer...   Front wheel spacer... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Front wheel spacer...
Page 1 of 1