GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

rubber cup fell in

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
katzi
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
katzi

rubber cup fell in Empty
PostSubject: rubber cup fell in   rubber cup fell in Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:35 am

hi guys
accidentally i pushed the rubber cup ,engine right side into the gear box body i guess 
what should i do now?
2013 1200se
israel
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

rubber cup fell in Empty
PostSubject: Re: rubber cup fell in   rubber cup fell in Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:55 am

Buy another rubber grommet & don't worry about the other one !

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
katzi
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
katzi

rubber cup fell in Empty
PostSubject: Re: rubber cup fell in   rubber cup fell in Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:01 am

first thanks for the reply ,you mean that i can drive although the cup fell into the gear box ? no harm done?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

rubber cup fell in Empty
PostSubject: Re: rubber cup fell in   rubber cup fell in Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:39 pm

The rubber bung is a hangover from when there used to be marks on the flywheel for setting the ignition timing on the engine. It isn't actually a plug in the gearbox itself but the bell housing where the dry clutch lives. If you look under the bike you'll see there is a substantial slot in the bottom of the bell housing between the crankcase of the engine and the gearbox, all that will happen is the grommet will get ground up by the teeth of the starter ing gear as it whizzes around and eventually the remains will get spat out of the slot. It is highly unlikely it will do any kind of damage at all.

Obviously it's best not to push anything into the bell housing and you certainly don't want to poke anything in there when the engine is running but the chances of a bit of rubber doing anything bad are very slim.

Buy a new one, instal it and never touch it again. It has no purpose on these later bikes so there is no need to take it out. Some people pop it out to pry the non running motor around to find TDC when doing the valves but since the CARC bikes have an easily accessed nut on the front of the crank for that purpose there is really no need.

Bill Hagan and katzi like this post

Back to top Go down
katzi
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
katzi

rubber cup fell in Empty
PostSubject: Re: rubber cup fell in   rubber cup fell in Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:40 pm

thank you master yoda !

Back to top Go down
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

rubber cup fell in Empty
PostSubject: Re: rubber cup fell in   rubber cup fell in Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:23 am

The same thing happened to me years ago and nothing ever came of it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rubber cup fell in Empty
PostSubject: Re: rubber cup fell in   rubber cup fell in Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

rubber cup fell in
Page 1 of 1