GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot

Go down 
+3
Tim Henry
evansnows
pocojuantis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pocojuantis
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
pocojuantis

2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot Empty
PostSubject: 2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot   2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:49 am

Hello everyone!

I've noticed when riding for extended periods on my 2014 GRiSO that the seat tends to get uncomfortably hot. Feels like in the long term I'd be doing damage to the family jewels to leave the issue unaddressed.

I've read online that some people have had success using heat shielding underneath the seat - problem is that I have a long ride up mount washington this week and the quickest I could get anything heat-shield related would be something like the below home depot link for garage heat barrier.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Whereas this stuff isn't automotive I'm concerned it will be dangerous to use, or that if I do use heat shielding it might cause more problems with overheating the battery, airbox, etc.

Anyone have any input or recommendations? I'm super lucky that its going to be 80 degrees and sunny for my ride up to NH but i'd love to be able to solve this problem before then.

Thank you all!
Back to top Go down
evansnows
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
evansnows

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot   2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:42 pm

I used a gel pad over the original seat on my TT600 worked very well

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://c-space-solutions.com/
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot   2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:53 am

You could try a bead mat alot of riders here in florida use them. I have never expierienced any uncomfortable heat on either the 15 or 07 and I do alot of Florida day long trips
Back to top Go down
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot   2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:18 am

I think the GRiSO seat is comfortable, but I use a bead mat on the Concours and I think it helps a lot with the comfort level. No hot spots.
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot   2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:25 am

Antmanbee used them on all his bikes I myself must have more of an Iron butt and never needed one but then again I ride 365 days a year and no car for about 30 years only time I drive is ocationally with wife for short hops
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot   2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:33 am

I can't understand where this 'Heat' is coming from? There is no space or passage under it for engine heat to cook the seat. At the front, behind the tank sits the battery and battery box and under the seat is the airbox that draws air from the back of the bike.

I can understand getting 'Nasty Nads' in hot weather, I get it here in summer as well, but I don't think it's caused by referred engine heat, just poor air circulation. I've found any of the 'Pressure point' fixes helps, 'Air Hawk' type pad, bead pad, sheepskin. The best solution though would probably be to be thirty years younger! Laughing

Holger likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot   2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:38 am

Same thing I was thinking. The only burnt biscuits I ever experienced were on a black seat sitting in sun on initial start off but now with a light tan seat no more deep frying the posterior
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot   2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:18 am

I never had a hot seat on my GRiSO, and, like Pete wrote, I am not sure how that is even possible.

My Yamaha MT-01, on the other hand, has 2 exhaust pipes running under and next to the seat.  As can be expected, on hot summer days, this warms up the seat and the clever Yamaha designers therefore added a special under-seat-fan that starts spinning at a set temperature, and keeps the seat nice and cool.  You could consider such a  set-up for your GRiSO - available at fleabay - although not sure if there is space for such a set-up under the GRiSO seat, or what it will do with your air-intake.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot   2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:26 am

Wear a kilt so the breeze will dissipate the heat

Holger likes this post

Back to top Go down
pocojuantis
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
pocojuantis

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot   2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:50 am

It sounds like this issue is isolated to my bike.

I'm inclined to think that it's being caused by the battery that I'm using. What brand/type of battery do you all recommend? The heat really is right under my balls and even at highway speeds I need to stand on the pegs lift my butt a bit to get enough airflow for a few minutes of relief.
Back to top Go down
Kel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Kel

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot   2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:21 pm

Yo Poco, It might be worth pulling over and popping the seat off next time you feel the heat. If the battery is hot I would throw it away before it explodes. At least you will have investigated the heat source.

Tim Henry and Holger like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot   2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

2014 GRiSO seat getting too hot
Page 1 of 1