GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity?

Go down 
+4
beetle
GuzziSteve
Pete Roper
Tim Henry
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity? Empty
PostSubject: Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity?   Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:18 am

Will the alternator from any year carc fit also before ordering one I saw someone selling a regulator for a denso just wondering about replacement or repair. I'm not getting any output while running engine
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity?   Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:24 am

Is the belt OK?
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity?   Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:40 am

Yes as viewedthrough front plug hole but if repacing alt will do belt too
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity?   Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:45 pm

Good news Bill Hagen had a good alternator from a 1100 Norge with spare regulator on its way to florida tommorrow . And I will order a belt

beetle and Bill Hagan like this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity?   Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:05 pm

Well, I'll be raising a glass of TullemoreDew to the Colonel tonight!!

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity?   Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:14 pm

Grappa

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity?   Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:56 pm

Bill's a good bloke.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Tim Henry likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Kel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Kel

PostSubject: Re: Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity?   Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:05 pm

I typically run with my mode switch down and set to volts, for what that's worth.
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity?   Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:30 pm

I'll be doing that for a while instead of mpg
Back to top Go down
80CX100
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
80CX100

PostSubject: Re: Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity?   Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:05 pm

Tim Henry wrote:
I'm not getting any output while running engine

Sounds like the fix is in & already on it's way, but I'll throw this out there jic it might help others.

I'm not sure how all the different alternator systems work; but I ran my CX100 as a "total loss system" for almost a full riding season with no alternator output; until I finally figured out that the Euromotoelectric PM alternator wasn't putting out any power,because the sensing wire to the R/R had been accidently disconnected.

fwiw

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity?   Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:02 pm

I dunno if it's a Bosch or one of the later Chinese replacements but you might find the reg/rec can be easily replaced by this item

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity?   Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity? Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:19 am

If it's a regulator, pretty much any auto electrician should be able to source it.

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity?   Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity? Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:48 am

I'm hoping it's just a simple fix once the tank is off and belt cover. I will thoroughly test existing unit maybe it's just the regulator but I'll keep you all posted . Do to circumstances I really can't go any further till friday. I love the Ghetto everyone here is amazing
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity?   Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity? Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:59 am

As I cautioned Tim, it's bit early to break out the Prosecco and grappa.  Wink

That said, sending what I have to him via UPS today.

Four years ago, my (late, sniff) Norge suffered a catastrophic no-charging event on my way back from a Mutton Run.  

It stopped in the middle of Nowhere, Kentucky; in fact, a scant mile or so from where my fifth-great grandfather lived c.1795!   Shocked

Happily, "Sagwagon Kathi" was able to backtrack from well ahead to rescue me.

Had the Norge towed ... a more difficult task than one might think as it's still 1795 in "them thar parts."  Rolling Eyes

"Dr. John" and I were able to get back down there and retrieve the Norge the following month.

Then, before my Moto Grappa "techs" and I discovered that my Norge's charging failure was caused, essentially, by wiring; doh -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] -- "we" had decided there was an bad alternator.  Ordered and installed one.  Oh, oh.  Still no joy.  Sad

The one I am sending Tim is the original one from the Norge, and "should" be fine.  Also including what I think are several ( scratch) regulators.

Hoping -- my favorite and not particularly successful technique -- something in that box Tim gets will work.

Bill

JohnA, Tim Henry and 80CX100 like this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity?   Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity? Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:07 am

That ought to be enough to get one or the other working.

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity?   Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity? Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:10 am

I also got a belt this morning

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity?   Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity? Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:27 pm

Update I finally got to work on the bike today .Bill sent me an alternator I had ot checked by a local electric shop just in case it tested flawless so then proceeded to remove belt cover the belt was shot. I thoght it was ok when veiwed thru the hole but was big time wrong so on with the belt and all is right with the world atleast here in my part of florida

Bill Hagan and 80CX100 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity?   Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Alternator 07 GRiSO interchangabitity?
Page 1 of 1