GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

HAVE FUN IN THE GARAGE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BetaSteve
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BetaSteve

HAVE FUN IN THE GARAGE Empty
PostSubject: HAVE FUN IN THE GARAGE   HAVE FUN IN THE GARAGE Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Is the advertising slogan from a local automobile detail supply store.  Considering the owner’s collection of cars he must be doing juuuust fine. No idea what his market out of N. America is, Griots Garage. Anyone from AU, UK or mainland Europe know of them? Richard operates in the rarified stratosphere of those able to collect modern and driveable F1 cars.

My 2010 GRiSO waiting for parts. Once the engine is back together the rear end will come part for grease, followed by the front end. Then with the magic of jack stands, a good hyd. jack and blocks, it’ll go a little higher, loose the blocks under the sump and have that removed, cleaned and proper gaskets and lubricants applied.
Then I’ll be able to enjoy riding it without feeling guilty!
Anyone here have any experience or advice to share about Andreani? I’m considering their modified fork cartridges…

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: HAVE FUN IN THE GARAGE   HAVE FUN IN THE GARAGE Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:41 pm

I've heard nothing but good about Andreani.

Hopefully your other cambox will arrive this week, (I supplied Steve with a roller kit and it had two right hand camboxes in it Rolling Eyes . I'm awaiting a replacement which I'll have couriered as soon as it gets to me.) I hope so as I'm off to NZ for ten days on Sunday and Michael is away for a fortnight from last Monday so I won't be able to get him to send it.

To speed things up why not do the swingarm service and sump spacer gasket while waiting for the cambox?

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
BetaSteve
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BetaSteve

PostSubject: Re: HAVE FUN IN THE GARAGE   HAVE FUN IN THE GARAGE Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:02 pm

I might do just that, but with winter coming on here and two, if not three other rather large projects in the garage and one at a customer’s shop, it might just be sitting for a while. Also, it wasn’t two RH cam boxes but an RH new short tube and LH (viewed from the front) old long tube style in the kit. It didn’t help that I put the job off for what, 10 months…
End result Pete, don’t worry about posting them off before your trip to NZ, hope you have a good time!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: HAVE FUN IN THE GARAGE   HAVE FUN IN THE GARAGE Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:11 pm

Yeah, my mistake. Anyway, as soon as it arrives I'll get one old style 'Long Tube' cambox off to you by courier.

I'm going to play 'Musical Camboxes' with the blown up Shitter I bought and work out a way to fit *New* style camboxes to *Old* style heads.
Back to top Go down
BetaSteve
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BetaSteve

PostSubject: Re: HAVE FUN IN THE GARAGE   HAVE FUN IN THE GARAGE Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:04 am

Pete, wouldn’t it just take a new style valve cover with it’s short tube and seals?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: HAVE FUN IN THE GARAGE   HAVE FUN IN THE GARAGE Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:16 am

Maybe, but then you end up with a weird, hybrid monster. Also I'm still not sure that would work and want to try playing 'Musical Camboxes' with my piece of shit before I take the risk of making a maybe incorrect recommendation to both you and the world at large.

Things like this are bound to be fraught and complicated. I'd prefer we get your bike *Right* and then I can experiment and learn more about what are obviously sequential changes to the design that I'm still discovering.

Of course it would of been a whole lot fucking better if they'd been honest about the entire screw up in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAVE FUN IN THE GARAGE   HAVE FUN IN THE GARAGE Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

HAVE FUN IN THE GARAGE
Page 1 of 1