GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Valve clearance and flywherl references

Go down 
+2
Pete Roper
motografando
6 posters
AuthorMessage
motografando
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
motografando

Valve clearance and flywherl references Empty
PostSubject: Valve clearance and flywherl references   Valve clearance and flywherl references Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:37 am

Ho, Yesterday i Ve checked the Valve clearance on my 1100.
They are ok but i was not able tò use the references on flywheel tò find PMS of both cilynders.
I have Just a S, corresponding about at PMS of tight cyl, and a J that i was not able tò know what It means.
I checked the valves using a tube in Spark plug hole tò find PMS.
Is It normal???
Back to top Go down
https://motografando.altervista.org/
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Valve clearance and flywherl references   Valve clearance and flywherl references Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:03 am

Yes, later bikes no longer have flywheel markings, there's no need. Ignition timing is fixed and triggered by the phonic wheel on the end of the cam, (Or idler shaft on the 8V motors.).

Finding TDC as you did is perfectly fine. You don't have to be super precise. As long as the tappet is on the base circle of the cam you can set the clearance accurately enough. As long as the piston is close to TDC and on the right stroke it's fine.

I hope you didn't use 'Factory' rocker cover gaskets? They're hopeless. Get a pair of Valpollini ones, they last pretty much forever.

lcjohnny, 80CX100 and motografando like this post

Back to top Go down
motografando
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
motografando

PostSubject: Re: Valve clearance and flywherl references   Valve clearance and flywherl references Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:41 am

Ah ok perfect, i was going made around this question.
Yes i have originale basket, the only One i Ve found here, anyway of It became troublesome It Will be Easy to replace.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Valve clearance and flywherl references   Valve clearance and flywherl references Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:59 am

They end up getting squeezed out near the bolt holes. No idea why, the mating surfaces have been the same shape since the T4 and Mk III LeMans but the CARC bikes spit theirs out. Very odd. The Valpolini gaskets are metal with some sort of squishable coating on them, they can't tear, or squeeze out, and last pretty much forever.

motografando likes this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Valve clearance and flywherl references   Valve clearance and flywherl references Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:08 am

No marks, some swear they see marks though. I have never seen marks on anything after 05. Not on any CARC year bikes, not even CalVin.
I use a plastic straw in spark plug hole right after intake valve closes, you're on correct stroke. All the way up & set them.

80CX100 and motografando like this post

Back to top Go down
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

PostSubject: Re: Valve clearance and flywherl references   Valve clearance and flywherl references Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:44 am

I am able to see the flywheel marks on mine, but you better start with a flashlight...
Moto, it's an "S" for "sinistra" (left) and a "D" for "destra" (right)
Back to top Go down
motografando
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
motografando

PostSubject: Re: Valve clearance and flywherl references   Valve clearance and flywherl references Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:47 am

I know (i am italian) but on mine there is no D and S Is at right cyl TDC 🤣🤣🤣
There is a J instead, dont know what It means
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Valve clearance and flywherl references   Valve clearance and flywherl references Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:18 am

maybe it means jella
like in "bad luck, no-one knows where the D punch to put the timing marks is"
Back to top Go down
motografando
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
motografando

PostSubject: Re: Valve clearance and flywherl references   Valve clearance and flywherl references Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:53 pm

anyway, its not a real problem, just to know if i was idiot or not Laughing
Back to top Go down
motografando
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
motografando

PostSubject: Re: Valve clearance and flywherl references   Valve clearance and flywherl references Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:55 pm

another question:
i want to get guzzidiag to check my electronics, reset tps, balance throttles...ecc.
Can you suggest me a GOOD PC<-->OBD2 interface?
In the past i bought some bluetooth obd 2 dongles that are totally useless and not full working.
Thank you
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Valve clearance and flywherl references   Valve clearance and flywherl references Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:30 pm

Lonelec in the UK. Best source.

LINKY

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

motografando likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valve clearance and flywherl references   Valve clearance and flywherl references Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Valve clearance and flywherl references
Page 1 of 1