GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Valve adjust, TPS etc

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
2cylinderguy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
2cylinderguy

Valve adjust, TPS etc Empty
PostSubject: Valve adjust, TPS etc   Valve adjust, TPS etc Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:12 am

I’ve got all the oils filters and gaskets I’ll need for the service and I was going to do the valves but get a dealer to balance the TB’s and reset the tps.  Unfortunately it looks like I’m going to be working out of the U.K. for a bit and won’t be able to get to a dealer until I return from my Italian trip on the bike. That will be middle of September.

My question is:
Bike is at 5.5k miles.  Do I ignore the whole valve thing until I come back or do the valves and get the TB balance and TPS done on my return.  Is it ok do do the valves and then ride about 2.5k miles before doing the balance and tps or will doing the valves potentially mess with the balance?

Thanks
Steve
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Valve adjust, TPS etc   Valve adjust, TPS etc Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:17 am

If it's a roller motor I'd say just go. If it's a flattie don't even think about it!

Pete
Back to top Go down
2cylinderguy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
2cylinderguy

PostSubject: Re: Valve adjust, TPS etc   Valve adjust, TPS etc Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:12 am

Thanks Pete. I was erring towards that. It’s a roller.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Valve adjust, TPS etc   Valve adjust, TPS etc Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:39 am

Just go. Chances are the valves are wide if they've never been looked at, later models the TB's tend to be set up passably by the factory. It'll be running sub-optimally but it's unlikely to strand you.
Back to top Go down
2cylinderguy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
2cylinderguy

PostSubject: Re: Valve adjust, TPS etc   Valve adjust, TPS etc Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:45 am

Thanks. I’m sure it’ll be fine. I won’t be caning it and it seems to be a happy bike.
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: Valve adjust, TPS etc   Valve adjust, TPS etc Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:52 am

Mine are coming due for a check but I don't expect much movement. Super quiet top end for a Guzzi.

I am using the tighter specs for rollers and Mark's mapping
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valve adjust, TPS etc   Valve adjust, TPS etc Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Valve adjust, TPS etc
Page 1 of 1