GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Rear hugger

Go down 
+13
Weißgerät
Steak
2highlander
janguzzi
Oz1200Guzzi
changohot
sideshowbob
Pete Roper
Brent S
Stubbie
GuzziSteve
GuZeee
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:30 pm

I just ordered this from gtmotocycles

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Will be nice to keep the mud off the inside fender area and the shock; with the tail tidy that area is visible and I like to keep her clean looking! Also: carbon fiber. Smile
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:58 am

Pricey little bugger, but nice touch.
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:16 am

Yeah and the worst part is, I got an even rider sticker shock when I hit the order button and a charge of $314 popped up! The buggers charged $67 for shipping!
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:38 pm

I get that people need to make a profit but that would be maybe $25-$30 material and an hour to make.
Back to top Go down

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:52 pm

Ok, I'll pay you $100 to make me one.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:11 am

Put one of those on the bike a few years ago. Can't remember exactly what I paid but it was pricey as I recall. The carbon fibre looks great and does the job keeping crap off the shock. I think you'll like.
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:26 pm

Nice. I like. However, are these easy to put on, or does it require disassembling half the rear of the bike, or drilling in 400 places so the frame/swingarm looks like Swiss cheese?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:33 pm

Had one. Hated it. Took it off.

Easy enough to fit. Combine it with greasing the linkages and swingarm bearings if they haven't been done yet.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:42 pm

I here Pete, "More shit to come loose and rattle". AND it will.
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:34 pm

I have a unique way of keeping my shock clean. I don't ride in the mud.
Back to top Go down
changohot
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
changohot

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:15 pm

Here's a video on how the fender goes on :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md3Pn6W6eD4&feature=youtu.be
I have one keeps some of the mud off.
Back to top Go down
https://www.diazandpartners.com/our_properties.htm
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:20 pm

I find a shock sock works well. It's not as uggers but I suppose it covers up the spring so it doesn't look so macho. Horses for Courses and personal choice I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:11 pm

I use a simple piece of insertion rubber as a flap in front of the shock - works well, and CHEAP as!
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:46 am

I prefer the MPC fender. Mounting it is a bit more complex but it really does the job:

Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:45 am

Great job!

bikeseamus likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:50 pm

I've had a lot of good years and miles with my hugger. Never been a problem other than a few gel-coat chips. A sanding and re-paint job took care of that!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Weißgerät
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Weißgerät

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:22 am

I'm among those who like the hugger.
Paid almost 200 Euro for one from Stucchi Luigi many years ago (just for comparison)

Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:33 pm

It went on VERY easily -- no disassembly required, took 5 minutes. I love the look of it!

Erivera and bikeseamus like this post

Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:02 am

I moved it back a bit further after taking these pics and it covers better. Any comments? What do you think?

Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:56 am

Nice looking ride Cool

I've a very similar unit on my '13.
Not rattled loose in the last 15K or so miles.
Keeps the shock cleaner. I've been known to ride in the rain so everything gets dirty. Meh, no big deal.

Only issue is that I've picked up a chip or two in the trailing edge, road debris I imagine.

I've also added a front fender extension. Less crap throw up by the front wheel.
It's only held on by clear RTV, it's still hanging on to my surprise.
Carbon also. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:39 am

I've got the version that mounts to the CARC and the "dog bone" rather than clamping the reaction rod. It has been rock solid across 3 GRiSOs and tens of thousands of miles. It's never come loose, nor rattled a bit. I like the way in looks on the GRiSO and it serves a function as well.

Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:40 pm

Cool, thanks for the feedback. It adds that one extra touch to this beautiful machine.

If I found a good carbon fiber front fender I’d get it, but it would have to include those guards for the fork tubes, otherwise I could see them getting pitted and damaged from road debris. Appreciate any front fender tips if anyone has something they like (although maybe that should be a separate thread).

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:22 pm

I like it!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
changohot
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
changohot

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:29 pm

Yes very nice. I like the Corbin seat too. Is that the "gunfighter"? Also what kind of foot levers are those?
Thanks,
Rod
Back to top Go down
https://www.diazandpartners.com/our_properties.htm
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:11 pm

GuZeee wrote:
Cool, thanks for the feedback. It adds that one extra touch to this beautiful machine.

If I found a good carbon fiber front fender I’d get it, but it would have to include those guards for the fork tubes, otherwise I could see them getting pitted and damaged from road debris. Appreciate any front fender tips if anyone has something they like (although maybe that should be a separate thread).

Like this maybe?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rear hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear hugger   Rear hugger Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Rear hugger
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next