GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Diavolo Nero tank stripes

Go down 
+2
JC_Guz89
Silverfox
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Silverfox
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Silverfox

Diavolo Nero tank stripes Empty
PostSubject: Diavolo Nero tank stripes   Diavolo Nero tank stripes Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:45 am

Hi , I have a 2014 Diavolo Nero and the black stripes on the tank started to "bubble" and now broke. Has anyone had such an experience ? Any idea how to get it replaced?
Cheers,
Laszlo
Back to top Go down
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

PostSubject: Re: Diavolo Nero tank stripes   Diavolo Nero tank stripes Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:45 am

See items 15-16 in below link. I guess they are a backorder item you could get from your dealer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Silverfox likes this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Diavolo Nero tank stripes   Diavolo Nero tank stripes Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:35 am

They are bubbling because you probably are using ethanol based gas. Its a problem in the US. I also have a 2014 and this started happening to me a year after I bought the bike. I ordered a couple of sets years ago. I replaced them carefully. It might even better to cut out the bad part and overlay the new. They have a clear coat on top of them. When I ordered the stripes it took several weeks for them to come in. There are multiple threads here about this issue and ethanol gas.

Back to top Go down
Silverfox
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Silverfox

PostSubject: Re: Diavolo Nero tank stripes   Diavolo Nero tank stripes Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:30 pm

JohnA wrote:
They are bubbling because you probably are using ethanol based gas. Its a problem in the US. I also have a 2014 and this started happening to me a year after I bought the bike. I ordered a couple of sets years ago. I replaced them carefully. It might even better to cut out the bad part and overlay the new. They have a clear coat on top of them. When I ordered the stripes it took several weeks for them to come in. There are multiple threads here about this issue and ethanol gas.

Actually the ethanol content is 10% here in the EU....would this make a problem?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Diavolo Nero tank stripes   Diavolo Nero tank stripes Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:32 pm

Yes.

JohnA and Silverfox like this post

Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: Diavolo Nero tank stripes   Diavolo Nero tank stripes Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:01 pm

Might be easier to strip them off and replace them with vinyl wrap.

Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

PostSubject: Re: Diavolo Nero tank stripes   Diavolo Nero tank stripes Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:04 am

I used a plastic "razor blade" to peel the two larger stripes off. They ARE under the clearcoat. Funny part. The paint under the stickers has a high gloss. Bike now has a couple ghost stripes.

I already have the full set of OEM stickers, just waiting on motivation to finish applying them. They are a foil type instead of vinyl. Going to do all 4 because the two smaller stickers at the front are now bubbling up too. Right in the tight corners.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diavolo Nero tank stripes   Diavolo Nero tank stripes Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Diavolo Nero tank stripes
Page 1 of 1