GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Old Vs New Valve Cover + Spark Plug Cover Issue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bhattman
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
bhattman

Old Vs New Valve Cover + Spark Plug Cover Issue Empty
PostSubject: Old Vs New Valve Cover + Spark Plug Cover Issue   Old Vs New Valve Cover + Spark Plug Cover Issue Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:52 pm

Sorry if this is a noob question, but searching this site and various parts stores like AF1 and GutsiBits, I am still confused. I have a 2014 GRiSO with last VIN digits 200141. Is there any way to tell, without opening the valve covers, whether I have a NEW valvecover/gasket system or the old? Various part catalogs show the 2014 in both the old and the new and I need to get new grommets and spark plug caps and lead wires.

On the spark plug caps, what is the consensus on a new replacement that works best? I am searching NGK part numbers from previous posts but they are discontinued. What does one recommend? SBO5E? SDO5E? SD05FM - red rubber thats bendable at the top (idea from Stelvio group on FB).

Also, I need 2 new lead wires. Where can I find these and I am assuming they can be generic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Old Vs New Valve Cover + Spark Plug Cover Issue   Old Vs New Valve Cover + Spark Plug Cover Issue Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:00 pm

Your 2014 has the later covers with the circular gasket around the plug tube and later, 'Dished' tampons. The actual rocker cover gaskets are all identical.

With the caps and leads? If you can't find some SB05E/F caps on eBay just buy a pair of the hideously expensive Guzzi ones and look after them. You do know not to pull them off from the top? That's what kills 'em.
Back to top Go down
bhattman
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
bhattman

PostSubject: Re: Old Vs New Valve Cover + Spark Plug Cover Issue   Old Vs New Valve Cover + Spark Plug Cover Issue Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:10 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH SIR! You are a rockstar.
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: Old Vs New Valve Cover + Spark Plug Cover Issue   Old Vs New Valve Cover + Spark Plug Cover Issue Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:09 am

It looks like K&S picked up the ball on the plug caps

K&S

I've not used any of their plug caps.
The do supply a range of motorcycle bits and pieces.
I have set up new wiring harnesses on a couple of vintage Guzzi Eldorado that used their handle bar switches.
Good stuff there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Vs New Valve Cover + Spark Plug Cover Issue   Old Vs New Valve Cover + Spark Plug Cover Issue Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Old Vs New Valve Cover + Spark Plug Cover Issue
Page 1 of 1