GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Corbin confusion

Go down 
+8
Chris W
kidsmoke
Lazlokovacs
kindoy2
Svartipants
Holger
Pete Roper
assinder
12 posters
AuthorMessage
assinder
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
assinder

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:24 pm

I asked Corbin US if the Gunfighter saddle advertised on their site, for the 8v GRiSO, would fit my 2007 1100. They asked for pictures of my current stock seat and frame but then said they couldn't guarantee the install.  I live in Wales so don't want to risk buying one and having to return it - expensive!
So can anyone tell me if they have bought the advertised 8v model seat and fitted it on an 1100. Are the seat fittings identical? I would dearly love to get hold of one of these seats. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:32 pm

It'll fit just fine. Frame and bodywork are essentially identical between all models. Only significant difference is the location of the tank drains between the 2V and 8V models.

kindoy2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Holger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Holger

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:18 am

Hello, I bought my Corbin seat because I really like the shape and feel of it.

Now I was shocked to see that the beautiful leather behind the seat is torn on the inside. A very ugly "seam" shows through the leather.

I am very disappointed because I wrote to Corbin and sent them the pictures. NO ANSWER came back! I find this absolutely no customer service and unfortunately does not correspond to what some have written here in the forum.

So now I'm riding my pretty GRiSO with a very ugly seat.

With this purchase price, I would have expected an accommodating handling and a reaction at all.

In the past I was always asked about the great seat, but unfortunately I can no longer make a POSITIVE statement.

What a shame - I'm disappointed.
Regards
Holger

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Holger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Holger

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:36 am

hello,
we have an owner HERE in the forum who lives very close to the Corbin company and has good contact with the owner.

Unfortunately, I can no longer find the old post.

It would be very helpful for me if my post and the pictures could be presented there directly.

It is certainly not a good advertisement for Corbin how my GRiSO looks today with the seat.

Maybe my email got lost in the wrong hands?
Greetings
Holger

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
Back to top Go down
assinder
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
assinder

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

Thanks for the replies - really helpful. I have gone ahead and ordered a seat so can't wait to get it in time for the summer.
Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:58 pm

PM’d Holger, and phoned Corbin on his behalf; spoke to Rebecca who sounds a lovely person, and got another email address .I don’t believe Corbin is rinky-dink, so I hope it works out - let us know.

JohnA likes this post

Back to top Go down
Holger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Holger

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:15 am

Hello,

it is frustrating and disappointing that I have not received a reply to my email despite the "preliminary work" from Alan.

I sent my first email with the photos to CORBIN about 3 weeks ago.

Now once again to Rebecca....
NO REACTION - NO ANSWER

This service is absolutely unworthy for such a price.

Or are you not interested in Germany?
Sold and done...

I am very disappointed, which I am sure EVERYONE will understand when they look at my photos.
With my GRiSO so well cared for and the care of the Corbin saddle, it's a disgrace
with the tear in the leather or the underlay.
I certainly won't be able to do any positive advertising for Corbin.
I am often asked about the beauty of the shape and the seating comfort.
But after two seasons of use and care, it is inadequate.

Greetings
Holger

Back to top Go down
kindoy2
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kindoy2

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:12 am

Mike Corbin is a very nice guy and cares about the quality of his seats. I ride to the factory not too far from my house and wait for mine and they have made maybe 6 seats for different bikes for me including my GRiSO.
The problem is some of his employees ESPECIALLY THE ONES IN FLORIDA..do not do buisness the way he wants and he never hears about it.
I had a problem with a new seat and was not getting anywhere with customer service . I rode to the Factory and asked to talk to Mr. Corbin personally, He invited me into his office..took one look at the seat and said " Come on"..We walked back into the busy factory and he walked me over to his foreman and told the guy "Make him a completely New Seat while he waits". Then he gave me a tour of the whole factory and took me to lunch had a great conversation about long distance riding, which he has done a lot of . When we came back the seat was done, I was on my way.

I would write him directly, address it to him personally, and include the picture's of your problem.
He is older now (like me) and it is hard for him to keep an eye on the many people who work there, but he does care and wants a good product to go out.

Mike Corbin
2360 Technology Pkwy,
Hollister, CA 95023

SMTCapeCod, Svartipants and JC_Guz89 like this post

Back to top Go down
Holger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Holger

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:15 am

Hello Mike,

Thanks also for your report.

I also read about it earlier here in the forum.
I am all the more disappointed that I have received NO ANSWER and reaction.
Unfortunately, I can't get hold of it from where I live in Germany.

I would be very grateful if you could help me as an "intermediary".
You can see the pictures in this post and I am sending you my last email that I sent to Rebecca as a message.

Perhaps it would be possible for you to send it directly to Mr. Corbin.

I hope my request is not too extensive.

Best regards
Holger

Back to top Go down
Holger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Holger

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:16 am

Good morning,

I wrote my first email to Corbin on 2/16/2023, with photos. NO ANSWER

then my last email from Rebecca at Corbin on 3/15/2023,
with all the production numbers of the seat and the photos. NO ANSWER

sorry
Holger
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:20 am

Corbin should be aware that this kind of thing can definitely turn away potential customers. I was about to finally pull the trigger on a gunfighter seat myself this week but I'm hesitating now...

Hope you get it sorted
Back to top Go down
Holger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Holger

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:44 am

Hello,

I have written again directly to Mr. Corbin sen. via the contact form, also naming my last two emails.

However, there is NO ANSWER, NO RESPONSE.

A seat that looks very nice and also gives a good feeling when sitting on it...
but CUSTOMER SERVICE EQUAL TO ZERO.

I did not expect this and is shameful in this price range.

I certainly can't do any POSITIVE advertising at the moment and many people will also be surprised about this in Mandello del Lario in September.

I still have hope, but I don't understand why there is no reaction at all.

Back to top Go down
assinder
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
assinder

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Corbin confusion UPDATE   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:00 am

The seat has arrived- waaay quicker than the 6-8 week suggested delivery time.  It is superb, exactly as ordered and seems comfortable so far. Good communication from the company (in Australia?) and although the UK branch is about 20 miles from where I live my offer to collect went unanswered. No problem. The only issue is that now it is on it is impossible to remove it. I will search out the tips here. Maybe it needs to bed down with my weight on it for a while. Otherwise I'm very pleased with it.
Back to top Go down
Holger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Holger

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:08 am

hello, i would like to discourage anyone from buying a CORBIN seat!!!

Despite several emails, I have not received a reply until TODAY, despite the detailed description, including photos and production numbers. It is a disgrace for such a highly praised company to deal with customers.

I have written 4 x via the homepage, then 1 x to the lady Rebecca, who was named to me and then 1 x directly to Mr. Corbin sen.
So a total of 6 emails since February 2024.

NO REPLY - NO REACTION
apparently they don't care what customers in Germany experience with the headquarters.

Surely everyone will understand that I can therefore NOT do any positive advertising for this expensive seat.
I am disappointed by this way of dealing with a customer.

Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:19 am

@holger

I’m in industrial sales. Large corporation that is tops in our industry  covering the eastern half of the USA.

earlier this am I received a call from a guy I’ve been doing business with for a couple of years. We’ve emailed multiple times, exchanging extensive files along the way. This mornings call found his tone to be very irritated and snarky. Wanted to know why I’m ignoring him. Did some digging and found a 1/2 dozen emails in my junk folder. Why is a mystery. I’ve emailed him multiple times, his domain hasn’t changed. My IT dept tells me that with all the tools companies are using now to protect their networks, weird things do occur.
To my point: It’s conceivable to me that your domain strikes Corbin’s email system/network protections as threatening, and is being blocked. I’m here to tell you that sort of thing does occur.

Try to call during business hours? Snail mail?

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Holger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Holger

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:10 pm

Hello, thank you for getting involved...
but: I have sent my 6 emails to different email addresses and additionally one of the messages via the homepage of CORBIN !!!!
The only thing that could help is someone of you sending my emails to Mr. Corbin.

However, none of my emails and messages have been sent to different addresses...are they all supposed to have not arrived????

My English is not so good that I can reach it by phone!
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:21 pm

assinder wrote:
The only issue is that now it is on it is impossible to remove it. I will search out the tips here. Maybe it needs to bed down with my weight on it for a while. Otherwise I'm very pleased with it.

I have the corbin also and when new it went on new,  I couldn't get it off the bike without fiddling with the latch mechanism. The seat gradually broke in and now goes on and off the bike as it should (which is what Corbin said would happen)
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:03 pm

assinder wrote:
The only issue is that now it is on it is impossible to remove it. I will search out the tips here. Maybe it needs to bed down with my weight on it for a while. Otherwise I'm very pleased with it.

When I first got my Corbin (which I love). I had to press down on the back off the seat while turning the key to get it to unlatch. It's well broken in now, and I no longer need to do that.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:50 am

I still have to push down the rear of my standard OEM seat & turn the key to get it off (else the key won't turn).....guess it's a tolerance issue lurking in the shadows !
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:06 am

I read on the forum here when I bought mine years ago that you can put a washer under the plunger that comes on the seat and it will be easier to get it to latch. I still have the washer there years later and it’s very easy to put on and take off.
Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:07 am

Mines a bit snug, and I've liked that fact. Feels like precise and positive latching/retention, what ever you wish to call it.

Nothing bad to say whatsoever about my Corbin. It's the secret sauce making my GRiSO exemplary, both ergonomically and cosmetically. With the stock seat It's close to, but not quite, where it should be.

Sorry for the Holder's experience. Any custom manufacturer is likely to have an occasional mishap.  Clearly, it's an outlier.

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:22 pm

I like that picture. Classy.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

Corbin confusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin confusion   Corbin confusion Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Corbin confusion
Page 1 of 1