GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland

Go down 
+6
Grisonut
CPB
TalkingGriso
Enzo the baker
LBC Tenni
bobbyfromnc
10 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
bobbyfromnc

Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland  Empty
PostSubject: Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland    Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland  Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:58 am

Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland    Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland  Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:31 pm

That is a mountain road that's hard to beat. GRiSO in its element. Jesus, why am I sitting here at a desk?! Oh yeah, because it pays for the GRiSO's care and feeding. Carry on.
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Re: Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland    Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland  Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:46 pm

Pretty cool video, not much margin for error sharing that road with cars, bicycles and pedestrians. Beautiful scenery though.
Back to top Go down
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
bobbyfromnc

PostSubject: Re: Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland    Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland  Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:27 pm

LBC Tenni wrote:
That is a mountain road that's hard to beat. GRiSO in its element. Jesus, why am I sitting here at a desk?! Oh yeah, because it pays for the GRiSO's care and feeding. Carry on.

Enzo the baker wrote:
Pretty cool video, not much margin for error sharing that road with cars, bicycles and pedestrians. Beautiful scenery though.

Glad you enjoyed this video kinda blew me away for many reasons. BK
Back to top Go down
TalkingGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TalkingGriso

PostSubject: Re: Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland    Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland  Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:11 pm

That road was made for GRiSO. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

PostSubject: Re: Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland    Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland  Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:31 pm

Beautiful! Have ridden Susten and many others. Some of the best riding you'll ever do.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland    Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland  Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:36 pm

Oh man, brings back memories...
Too many bicycles though. I hate those guys
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland    Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland  Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:26 am

Well that was a beautiful piece of music to sway and dance to while I sank another beer.
Rule No.1 Tunnels must always be done at 8,000 RPM
Rule No.2 Do these rides on a week day when the furquen wannabe Tour de Frogs are at work.
Rule No.3 Please take me with you, next time. Please!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland    Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland  Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:07 am

That's one I watch frequently when my annoying jockette wife queen tells me I need to hit the treadmill again in our "GITMO room."  Embarassed

That is a great road.  I have only done the Splugen on a Guzzi, but several others in a cage.  Have never understood why folks extoll the virtues of, e.g., the Stelvio, as I don't find switchbacks on two wheels to be charming.  Twists and turns and grand curves as on the Susten are great but one 180 after another, IMO, sucks sulfurous eggs.  No

As for bicycles, I love 'em.  Back when I had a physique Rolling Eyes in a universe far away, I rode with an amateur club in Italy -- Veloce Club Thiene.  What a grand time that was, riding where folks respected and indulged individual cyclists and even pelotons.

Some asshat tried -- I still think on purpose -- tried to run me off the road in rural Georgia in the mid-80's Evil or Very Mad  and I hung up my cleats that day.  Sad.  Sad

Oh, well. the vid was great.  When Kathi sentences me to GITMO time, I search y/t for "motorcycle tour europe" and filter for "long" and newer.  checking first, of course, for GRiSO, which is how I first saw this one.

Hmmmmm.  I think I'll have a donut for breakfast.  pig
Back to top Go down
KlausH.
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
KlausH.

PostSubject: Re: Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland    Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland  Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:23 am

Great. This video makes me think of my next holyday spending in Switzerland.
And trying Susten - Furka - Grimsel and Nufenen.

Is now a long til we have nice weather and some warm temperatures here
If i get the blues, i will look this video .
Back to top Go down
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
bobbyfromnc

PostSubject: Re: Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland    Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland  Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:37 am

TalkingGriso wrote:
That road was made for GRiSO. Thumbs Up

CPB wrote:
Beautiful!  Have ridden Susten and many others.  Some of the best riding you'll ever do.  

Grisonut wrote:
Oh man, brings back memories...
Too many bicycles though. I hate those guys

ghezzi wrote:
Well that was a beautiful piece of music to sway and dance to while I sank another beer.
Rule No.1 Tunnels must always be done at 8,000 RPM
Rule No.2 Do these rides on a week day when the furquen wannabe Tour de Frogs are at work.
Rule No.3 Please take me with you, next time. Please!

Bill Hagan wrote:
That's one I watch frequently when my annoying jockette wife queen tells me I need to hit the treadmill again in our "GITMO room."  Embarassed

That is a great road.  I have only done the Splugen on a Guzzi, but several others in a cage.  Have never understood why folks extoll the virtues of, e.g., the Stelvio, as I don't find switchbacks on two wheels to be charming.  Twists and turns and grand curves as on the Susten are great but one 180 after another, IMO, sucks sulfurous eggs.  No

As for bicycles, I love 'em.  Back when I had a physique Rolling Eyes in a universe far away, I rode with an amateur club in Italy -- Veloce Club Thiene.  What a grand time that was, riding where folks respected and indulged individual cyclists and even pelotons.

Some asshat tried -- I still think on purpose -- tried to run me off the road in rural Georgia in the mid-80's Evil or Very Mad  and I hung up my cleats that day.  Sad.  Sad

Oh, well. the vid was great.  When Kathi sentences me to GITMO time, I search y/t for "motorcycle tour europe" and filter for "long" and newer.  checking first, of course, for GRiSO, which is how I first saw this one.

Hmmmmm.  I think I'll have a donut for breakfast.  pig

KlausH. wrote:
Great. This video makes me think of my next holyday spending in Switzerland.
And trying Susten - Furka - Grimsel and Nufenen.

Is now a long til we have nice weather and some warm temperatures here
If i get the blues, i will look this video .

I am pleased each of you enjoyed this video... I would so much enjoy someday before I'm totaly over the hill to get to ride that pass. BK
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland    Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland  Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:30 pm

That is a nice sounding GRiSO all right.
Back to top Go down
Tolle09
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Tolle09

PostSubject: Re: Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland    Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland  Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:41 am

Done the Swiss passes a good few times in the past, in the days before most bikes were fuel injected. Carbs don't work well at all at those altitudes ! Sad
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland    Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland  Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:49 am

True^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.
You had to set up those carbs accordingly. More air needed...
Back to top Go down
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
bobbyfromnc

PostSubject: Re: Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland    Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland  Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:54 am

DungeonMaster wrote:
That is a nice sounding GRiSO all right.

Tolle09 wrote:
 Done the Swiss passes a good few times in the past, in the days before most bikes were fuel injected. Carbs don't work well at all at those altitudes ! Sad

cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland    Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Video - Sustenpass, Switzerland
Page 1 of 1