GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver

Go down 
+5
Grisonut
Bill Hagan
DungeonMaster
beetle
bobbyfromnc
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver Empty
PostSubject: Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver   Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:37 am

Hi There.
Been lurking around your forum for a bit now, so I figured it was high time that I came out from the bushes. (actually, I kinda like it in there)
I recently picked up a GRiSO 8VSE Tenni - I've had two Guzzi's in the past - 2000 Quota, and a 2004 LeMans - Absolutely loved those bikes, but alas, they had to go for one reason or another - both in excellent shape by the way, and very wide grins from their new owners when they went out the door.  Anyways, a local dealer had this bike come in on trade, and I had a couple of bikes that overlapped in their intended use, so we struck a deal to put the Tenni in my garage.
Actually, I never really considered the GRiSO to be a bike that could tickle my fancy - Until the first time that I rode it - Not too many bikes put a smile on my face anything like this thing does. It may not be the fastest bike in my garage, or the best handling, or even the best looking. It's not even the most comfortable, but... The way this bike makes me feel when I ride it is like nothing else that I have ever ridden before throwing a leg over this Italian beast.

I think I'll keep this one.
Back to top Go down
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
bobbyfromnc

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver   Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:55 am

Enjoy your new to you GRiSO... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver   Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:32 am

Welcome! cheers

GRiSO has chosen you.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver   Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:13 pm

"not the best looking"?????
What else do you have?
A Ducati 916??
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver   Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:58 pm

Harry Paratestes wrote:
Hi There.

Not too many bikes put a smile on my face anything like this thing does. It may not be the fastest bike in my garage, or the best handling, or even the best looking. It's not even the most comfortable, but... The way this bike makes me feel when I ride it is like nothing else that I have ever ridden before throwing a leg over this Italian beast.

Exactly.

And, that, of course, is what it is all about!  cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver   Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:59 pm

Or the MGS01. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
That bike gives me wood in the worst way. Simply beautiful.
And to think they almost put this thing into production...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver   Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:47 pm

DungeonMaster wrote:
"not the best looking"?????
What else do you have?
A Ducati 916??

I was never in love with the 916 or it's offspring. Now an 888 SPO would rock my foundations, but I really prefer the air cooled Ducatis. I have an '06 1000S Sportclassic, and a '98 900FE. The Sportclassic was a knee jerk reaction to the wife taking a "girls only" vacation: Can't really blame me on that one, the sales guy had one in the showroom with a set of Termi's mounted - five minutes after he fired it up in the showroom I owned it. I can remember walking out of the dealership remembering something about how I was supposed to buy a boat this year.... Still own the bike, still don't own a boat.
The FE took about 5 years worth of searching and countless trips south of the border to find a bike that was in decent shape for decent money. I actually bought a set of OEM pipes for the bike off Ebay a couple of weeks before I bought the bike, so I was sort of committed at that point. There are a few mods to it: FCR's, open airbox, FBF pipes, Woodcraft bits and pieces, but for the most part it's stock - and I have all the stock bits for it. Anyways, pretty sweet ride, as is the Sportclassic - but they mostly collect dust. My bike of choice for everyday riding and trips is a Triumph Tiger 800XC - She ain't pretty, but she does it all, just like your buddy's sister.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver   Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:01 pm

Harry Paratestes wrote:
My bike of choice for everyday riding and trips is a Triumph Tiger 800XC - She ain't pretty, but she does it all, just like your buddy's sister.

Having said that: The Trumpet will be on the shelf next year - The GRiSO gets the nod for first bike out of the garage when the sun returns to the Wet Coast in spring - whenever that is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver   Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:55 am

Hey Harry, you got Kiwi blood? Avatar looks familiar.
Back to top Go down
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver   Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:00 am

Let's see some pics of these bikes.......
Back to top Go down
frypan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
frypan

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver   Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:29 pm

Well if you set the suspension up on the Tenni (factory settings suck) and drop in a proper fueling map with Guzzidiag Voodoo you may actually have a chance to make a mark or two with your pants on. We don't need to see the evidence though. Rolling Eyes
Anyway welcome to the neighbourhood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver   Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:46 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Hey Harry, you got Kiwi blood? Avatar looks familiar.

Half Greek, half Scottish, half drunk. Do the math.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver   Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:28 am

Half Greek half Scottish? Son of a Gun man!!!!!!

DM
Back to top Go down
spozzy
Carlotto
Carlotto
spozzy

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver   Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:31 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto Harry.

Similarly, my 8VSE Tenni certainly puts a 'very big smile on my dial', and that's about the best gauge there is!
Enjoy.

Spozzy
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver   Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:21 pm

Welcome Harry
I try to never be half drunk.
Even our government say we Aussies have a issue with grog.
Me no f##king issue here buddy.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver   Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Just picked up a new (to me) GRiSO - Vancouver
Page 1 of 1