GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Are all 8V Grisos SEs?

Go down 
+3
Steak
beetle
pockomoth
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pockomoth
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
pockomoth

Are all 8V Grisos SEs? Empty
PostSubject: Are all 8V Grisos SEs?   Are all 8V Grisos SEs? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:12 am

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I haven't even taken delivery of my 2012 GRiSO.  It's the middle of the night so I'll write more soon, but I have an initial question as I'm reading over the forum: I have to wire my money tomorrow for the GRiSO and on the bill of sale and such the dealer calls the bike the GRiSO 1200 8v.  There's no mention of the SE anywhere in the paperwork.  It looks to me like all the 8v Grisos are SE models, but some members call their bikes SE and others don't.  The one I salivated over for months and finally found one is the Tenni version of 2012 and I just assumed it was an SE because it's Tenni.  I can't find any model history info: the VIN numbers 4-9 are GULS.  Would anyone know if this model is an SE?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Are all 8V Grisos SEs?   Are all 8V Grisos SEs? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:31 am

Not all 8V GRiSO's are SE's. Mine isn't (2010 model). All 2014 and later models are SE's. The pre 2014 Tenni green units are all SE's from the factory, so unless you are getting a counterfeit one (which would surprise me) you are OK.

Oh, and welcome!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Are all 8V Grisos SEs?   Are all 8V Grisos SEs? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:01 pm

Welcome to the ghetto.

Yes, the Tenni is a "Special Edition" or SE model as Beetle has confirmed.  The Tenni's of 2011/2012 were the first of the 8V SE models, following that were the 2012/2013 Diavolo Nero/Black Devil, and now the current Coppa Rosso/Trophy Red.

The main differences with the SE models vs. the 1200 8V that preceded are sealed spoke wheels, stitched "pleather" saddles, Aprilia mirrors, and additional paint/graphics.  Otherwise they are the same bikes.  Somewhere mid-2012 also saw the introduction of the roller-tappet top ends (mid Diavolo Nero production).  Although your Tenni is a 2012 model, they were all built with flat-tappet A8 motors.  Upon failure, if it happens, your bike should be eligible for a free parts upgrade to the roller tappet top end (labor not included) as long as you can document an authorized service history up until that point.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Are all 8V Grisos SEs?   Are all 8V Grisos SEs? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:43 pm

I thought our Diavolo Nero was introduced as a 2013 model year and all are roller...?
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Are all 8V Grisos SEs?   Are all 8V Grisos SEs? Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:36 am

Grisonut wrote:
I thought our Diavolo Nero was introduced as a 2013 model year and all are roller...?

Noop, mine is a 2012, purchased in October of that year, mid year manufacture date and one of the earliest to receive the roller tappet motor.  Those Diavolo Neros built in the first quarter (or so) of 2012 still had the flat tappets.

The following was reported on Mild Guzzi back in Feb 2013:

Curtis Harper wrote:
According to Piaggio, Roller tappets are in the following engines.

Stelvio AC : After 12596     03/12/2012
GRiSO A8 :   After 13524     04/12/2012
Norge AA :  After 12214     04/18/2012

Caveat: Roper has stated on several occasions when this comes up that the above numbers aren't necessarily hard and fast, there is some overlap of rollers and flats... If you're unsure of yours, pull the valve covers and have a "squizz" as they say in Bungendore. Suspect

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
pockomoth
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
pockomoth

PostSubject: Re: Are all 8V Grisos SEs?   Are all 8V Grisos SEs? Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:34 am

Thanks, all, for the help. My local mechanic, Dave at Bavarian Cycle Works, an avid Guzzisti himself, gets parts from a guy in Kansas City who did a quick look up of the VIN and the first five letters confirmed the SE designation. ZGULS-Italy, Guzzi, something else then the S means SE. Money's delivered, shipper's heading to Tennessee, I should have it by the middle of next week. First thing: rear fender eliminator. This GRiSO has to be one of the best looking bikes I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

PostSubject: Re: Are all 8V Grisos SEs?   Are all 8V Grisos SEs? Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:06 am

From my understanding, for 8V GRiSO -

ZGU - Italy, Moto Guzzi
LS - GRiSO

following by E,U,G,J depending on the market exported

the next two digit
00 - GRiSO 8V (non-SE)
01, 02 and 03 - GRiSO 8V SE

A US Tenni should have the VIN code as follow:-

ZGULSU02[][]M[][][][][][]
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Are all 8V Grisos SEs?   Are all 8V Grisos SEs? Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:37 pm

pockomoth wrote:
I should have it by the middle of next week.

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Are all 8V Grisos SEs?   Are all 8V Grisos SEs? Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:09 am

Another Corruption in Progress!!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Are all 8V Grisos SEs?   Are all 8V Grisos SEs? Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:55 am

Steak wrote:
Grisonut wrote:

Noop, mine is a 2012, purchased in October of that year, mid year manufacture date and one of the earliest to receive the roller tappet motor.  Those Diavolo Neros built in the first quarter (or so) of 2012 still had the flat tappets.

The following was reported on Mild Guzzi back in Feb 2013:

Curtis Harper wrote:
According to Piaggio, Roller tappets are in the following engines.

Stelvio AC : After 12596     03/12/2012
GRiSO A8 :   After 13524     04/12/2012
Norge AA :  After 12214     04/18/2012

Caveat:  Roper has stated on several occasions when this comes up that the above numbers aren't necessarily hard and fast, there is some overlap of rollers and flats...  If you're unsure of yours, pull the valve covers and have a "squizz" as they say in Bungendore. Suspect

Ha! Glad to have learned that. Thanks man. Thumbs Up
And mine is roller no doubt, not only I can tell by not having the 5500rpm kick in the arse but I got the visual upon doing my first service a while back. My bike is a 2013 as well...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are all 8V Grisos SEs?   Are all 8V Grisos SEs? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Are all 8V Grisos SEs?
Page 1 of 1