GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New member in Oz

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New member in Oz Empty
PostSubject: New member in Oz   New member in Oz Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:17 pm

2010 G8 owner in Australia. Had her for about 21 months. My first Guzzi after years and years and years of Suzuki's. The GRiSO is my dream bike and the first new bike I've ever owned. I bought her as a gift to myself after a close call with the big C.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Landman
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Landman

New member in Oz Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in Oz   New member in Oz Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:07 pm

Hey Beetle, welcome to the Ghetto. I see you have the fender eliminator - did you pick that up from guzzi tech? Looks sharp.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

New member in Oz Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in Oz   New member in Oz Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:12 pm

Welcome to the ghetto Beetle, and congrats on beating back cancer! The GRiSO is great therapy and a fitting reward! Look forward to hearing more from you.

Brock, I have a fender eliminator that I don't think I'll be using if you want it.

- SD

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New member in Oz Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in Oz   New member in Oz Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:14 am

Landman wrote:
Hey Beetle, welcome to the Ghetto.  I see you have the fender eliminator - did you pick that up from guzzi tech?  Looks sharp.
I bought it direct from Spaceclam (from a post he made on GuzziTech) when he did his last run. I think the ones on GT are the same. Here's another pic:

I think they are a worthwhile mod.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New member in Oz Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in Oz   New member in Oz Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:17 am

Steak wrote:
Welcome to the ghetto Beetle, and congrats on beating back cancer!  The GRiSO is great therapy and a fitting reward!  Look forward to hearing more from you.
Thanks for the welcome! cheers 
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

New member in Oz Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in Oz   New member in Oz Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:37 am

Another from OZ.
Welcome Beetle, good to here all is going well.
What brand is the screen on your bike, looks good.
Does it keep much wind off you.

Harry
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

New member in Oz Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in Oz   New member in Oz Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:13 am

Wind screen looks to be the tall version from Moto Guzzi.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New member in Oz Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in Oz   New member in Oz Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:46 pm

Grisodude wrote:
Another from OZ.
Welcome Beetle, good to here all is going well.
What brand is the screen on your bike, looks good.
Does it keep much wind off you.

Harry
Steak is correct, it's the factory screen.

As far as wind protection is concerned, it keeps the wind blast from your chest and head to the extent that I no longer get a sore neck on long rides. Very Happy 

It does a decent job to around 145 - 150kph, but faster than that and it may well not be there. Sustained speeds of 130 - 140kph are easy to maintain with the screen.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

New member in Oz Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in Oz   New member in Oz Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:15 pm

Worth remembering that in Oz if you get pulled for over 130kph on most roads and over 140 on any road the wallopers will take your licence off you on the spot. If they catch you doing this in the company of someone else they *can* say you were 'Street Racing'. If they go to court with this accusation and the magistrate believes them, (They almost always do.) you can have your vehicle impounded and crushed!

Generally you have to have been particularly stupid to get hit with this sort of shit but it is a possibility which makes travelling in excess of 140 a very risky business. Even if you don't get your bike confiscated anything over 160, the old pre-metric 'Ton', will usually result in gaol time and a very long licence suspension!

This is one of the great things about bikes like the GRiSO and Tuono. Sure you can, especially on a Tuono, go spectacularly berserk! The thing is to maintain berserker speeds for any length of time is so impossibly uncomfortable even with a screen that your licence is not jeopardised nearly as frequently as it can be on something like an RSV-4 which is impossible to ride slow as it doesn't even begin to feel comfortable until you are well into 'Go to Gaol' territory!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New member in Oz Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member in Oz   New member in Oz Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New member in Oz
Page 1 of 1