GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Speedo correction

Go down 
+4
The Saint
pauldaytona
Tod.
beetle
8 posters
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:55 pm

This only applies to 1 lambda bikes ( eg GRiSO, Sport, 2V Norge, Bellagio).

If anyone has a discrepancy between what your speedo indicates and actual speed measured via GPS, and would like to fix it, it's quite easy.

First, you need to know the percentage difference between your speedo and actual speed. A GPS or smartphone with a GPS app, or speedo app will do.

If your speedo reads 110 while your actually doing 100, it's a 10 percent error. OK, elementary mathematics completed, we need to adjust the speedo correction in the map.

If you have TunerPro, simply load your current map in and have a look at the Speedo Correction table.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If your speedo is fast by 10%, modify this value by increasing it by no more than 8.8%. The value should not be equal or greater than the discrepancy. Always go about 1.2 - 1.5% lower. I will not be held responsible if you get nabbed for speeding. Razz

If you want to fix this but aren't sure about doing it yourself, send me a PM. I'm happy to modify a map for you. This includes those who are using a factory map.

This will be my last post for a while. I will respond to PM's, and will lurk from time to time, but I won't be posting in the forum, or responding to question unless they come via PM.

Have fun!

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Tod.
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Tod.

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:30 am

??? Thanks. And I hope all's ok.
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:16 pm

Well Mark, I never noticed that was missing in the 2 lambda xdf, I took a look, its on 0x4EBDE If you copy the speedo correction thing over from a one lambda vexdf, and change value to 0x4EBDE you can set it on the two lambda bikes. And I'm shure its right, the stelvio and norge 8v have different values that are the same as the one lambda bikes.

You're not gong to the hospital again, are you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:28 am

Thanks Paul. I thought I might be off to hospital, but they've got me on good drugs. Seem to be working.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:35 am

Hey Mark. Glad to see you are back already. It seems that mr bones has taken a hike. He he. I hope he comes back with different attitude.
Back to top Go down

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:26 am

Will taking those drugs with Bourbon decrease your pain?
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:57 pm

The Saint wrote:
........... I hope he comes back with different attitude.

Actually, not come back at all. You can't fix stupid!
Back to top Go down

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:29 pm

Don't poke a sleeping dog. You may get bit.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:35 am

It's a Chihuahua. No worries. Laughing
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:38 pm

Thanks Mark. mines at least 6% out, easy to allow for but just Peeves me off Mad
Back to top Go down
Ad B
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Ad B

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:24 am

Hi,

thanks Mark,
I'm going to try this coming spring.
I think mine is about 8-10% out, compared to my Garmin.

I wish you a good heeling. Be carefull with yourself.

Ad B
Back to top Go down
Maddara
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Maddara

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:40 am

Mark - the speedo correction you did on the 1200 sport along with the remap has been fantastic - at least I now know the exact speed I am getting booked for. I gave the sport a good poke along on the way to work this morning and bloody hell it was nice and smooth with a ton of grunt - many thanks buddy
Mike Kenna
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:51 am

It was good fun Mike. The transformation of that bike was astounding.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Speedo correction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo correction   Speedo correction Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Speedo correction
Page 1 of 1