GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

A new GRiSO for Ireland

Go down 
+7
Guzzi Cat
tocino
DungeonMaster
Blue
Oz1200Guzzi
sidrat
f-man
11 posters
AuthorMessage

A new GRiSO for Ireland Empty
PostSubject: A new GRiSO for Ireland   A new GRiSO for Ireland Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:48 pm

Well hello there, I've been lurking for a while, waiting for a delivery date for my 2014 GRiSO, well, I grabbed it yesterday in Wales, and brought it home on the ferry after a quick 200km break-in on the welsh twisties, sweet fuck, what a bike! cheers There are no Moto Guzzi dealers in Ireland, tut I think I've found a reasonable Guzzi Mechanic, who managed to answer a couple of questions I had compiled from reading posts on the Ghetto, i.e what kind of oil would you recommend? etc. he got full marks, so I'll be getting my first service with him. I ordered the guzzidiag leads , and downloaded the software while waiting, as I'd be interested in trying out one of the Maps that everyone is raving about, but would I be wise to wait until its broken in, or does it matter? Thanks guys, i've practically read the entire forum while waiting to get my hands on the GRiSO.

Marko118
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

PostSubject: Re: A new GRiSO for Ireland   A new GRiSO for Ireland Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:16 pm

Hello Marko;

welcome to the Ghetto. Congratulation for your new bike. Have fun - here and on the road.

Sven
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: A new GRiSO for Ireland   A new GRiSO for Ireland Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:24 pm

Hey Marco enjoy the forum, some great free advice available, i too will be trying a map this year, some fabulous GRiSO roads south of you :-)
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: A new GRiSO for Ireland   A new GRiSO for Ireland Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:57 pm

Welcome Marco,

if you are not going to an "authorised" Guzzi dealer, and you have found a good Guzzi mechanic locally, I would say go for it!

If for some reason you needed to go back to the official dealer, you can always reload the original map. So, the first thing to do, is download the "as shipped" map with GuzziDiag and put it in a safe place. Also load up TunerPro so you can get a feel for the way the map looks and works (available through the GD website as a link).

Then, you need to sweet talk Mark (Beetle on this forum) for a map for your configuration. You need to tell him EVERYTHING that is on your bike (all mods etc) and he just might provide you a map that will make your enjoyment all that much better. Don't listen to any nay-sayers, these maps rock!

Enjoy the site and your new ride.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: A new GRiSO for Ireland   A new GRiSO for Ireland Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:47 pm

Hello and welcome from me.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: A new GRiSO for Ireland   A new GRiSO for Ireland Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:05 am

Welcome marko.
You did the Right Thing - GRiSO.
Don't forget to get the drive shaft splines checked for lube at your earliest convenience.
I strongly recommend pushing the forks up to the 6th line for optimum cornering.

DM
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: A new GRiSO for Ireland   A new GRiSO for Ireland Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:44 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new GRiSO for Ireland   A new GRiSO for Ireland Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:24 am

What DM said, plus a set of BST wheels would make it a world first for GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: A new GRiSO for Ireland   A new GRiSO for Ireland Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:39 pm

marko118 wrote:
Well hello there, I've been lurking for a while, waiting for a delivery date for my 2014 GRiSO, well, I grabbed it yesterday in Wales, and brought it home on the ferry after a quick 200km break-in on the welsh twisties, sweet fuck, what a bike! cheers   There are no Moto Guzzi dealers in Ireland, tut I think I've found a reasonable Guzzi Mechanic, who managed to answer a couple of questions I had compiled from reading posts on the Ghetto, i.e what kind of oil would you recommend? etc. he got full marks, so I'll be getting my first service with him. I ordered the guzzidiag leads , and downloaded the software while waiting,  as I'd be interested in trying out one of the Maps that everyone is raving about, but would I be wise to wait until its broken in, or does it matter?  Thanks guys, i've practically read the entire forum while waiting to get my hands on the GRiSO.

Marko118

Welcome Marko118 , Great to see that there is another GRiSO finding a home here in Ireland. I am just down the road from you in Kilkenny. I made the same trip as you to Silverstone around a year and a half ago and brought home a 2011 Teni green GRiSO, Magic Bike, I love it and it gets better all the time Very Happy. I hear you about No Guzzi dealer here and thats the reason I done a lot of research on the net befor pulling the trigger! I have managed to do all my own servicing so far without any problems, fingers crossed!! study Just make sure you use the 10w60 fully synthetic oil and run her hot, Mine has been dead reliable but I did do the wire direct from the battery to the starter relay change that is recommended and it has never let me down.

I installed one of Beetle's maps at Christmas and am well pleased with the result! I would be inclined to run the bike stock for a while to get the feel for it and then load the new map so that you will appreciate the improvement especially at low speed.
Best of luck with her, I'm sure you'll love it and if I can offer any help let me know?

By the way well done to the Dubs they beat the Kilkenny Cats in Nowlan park yesterday, to the rest here that was in a game of our national sport called hurling, very fast skillful game played with guts skill and sticks, mad stuff!!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: A new GRiSO for Ireland   A new GRiSO for Ireland Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:49 pm

mad indeed - or should that be slightly insane?

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: A new GRiSO for Ireland   A new GRiSO for Ireland Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:57 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
mad indeed - or should that be slightly insane?

Embarassed

It doesn't hurt as much if your slightly insane Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
bobbyfromnc

PostSubject: Re: A new GRiSO for Ireland   A new GRiSO for Ireland Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:22 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new GRiSO for Ireland   A new GRiSO for Ireland Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:09 pm

Thanks to you all for your welcome and advise, Maybe I'll leave the new map till I get more familiar with the GRiSO in its current setup. Hey Guzzicat - hope to see you around,
Cheers,

Mark
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: A new GRiSO for Ireland   A new GRiSO for Ireland Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:01 pm

I approve of this action. Don't change anything until GRiSO is run-in and the first service is completed.

Oh, and welcome! cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: A new GRiSO for Ireland   A new GRiSO for Ireland Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:09 am

Welcome, Mark!
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: A new GRiSO for Ireland   A new GRiSO for Ireland Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:01 am

Welcome and congrats on that sweet new ride of yours. Can't believe there is not one Guzzi dealer in Ireland.

Anyway, good to hear you have found a tech. nearby that you have faith in!

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new GRiSO for Ireland   A new GRiSO for Ireland Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A new GRiSO for Ireland
Page 1 of 1