GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Touring Ireland

Go down 
+4
Guzzi Cat
DungeonMaster
Steak
pauldaytona
8 posters
AuthorMessage
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

Touring Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Touring Ireland   Touring Ireland Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:30 pm

I've been touring Ireland last 10 days. With a friend with a stelvio ntx 2009. He has a lambda off, and ignition adjusted stock map. He is happy with that. Well, was until first gas station. I filled up 24 iter, he 28 liter. Same speed,  traveling together. So we thought it was the map, after I put on thye same map I had the difference went down to 24 to 26. ANd that stayed the whole time. Only one time I used more then he did. I used 1/17 to 1/17.5 most of the times, only one time 1/19. The last when we had been on the Motorways. All the time we did legal speeds. Enjoy the surroundings:-)
I was using Marks Griso24S-FU2-A0E8 map, where I added some full in the lower revs. And looking at the Lambda, it was running near lambda 1.02 most of the time, only richer when accelerating, what is as it should be.

We also switched bikes to try, mine is a 2008 a5 one. But with rollers, so we have the same engine. His has the newer clutch and the difference is huge. So much lighter operation. I didn't think of the  Traxcases beforehand as big troublemakers, but they do. They are wide and heavy, so at overtaking and ginig to my side again, a came in a sort of speed wobble, I never had with my bike. Also when manoeuvring at almost standstill I nearly lost the bike twice because it wanted to tip over. So no Trax cases, or other big side cases for me. My loaded topcase doesn't change handling.

So There was a third Stelvio there we met and did a lot of kilometers with in Ireland. That was a 2014 NTX, brandnew. So To test I switched off his lambda's, but strangely he didn't like it, mostly at low revs. I did reset auto adaptation values. But in the end he wanted the stock map back so I did, and he told me it was better than ever.  I asked Mark for a Stelvio map, but he didnt want to try it anymore. His stock Stelvio consumed the same as my friends NTX.

We had a great time, and only one day of rain.
So some pictures:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Touring Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touring Ireland   Touring Ireland Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:41 am

Good for you Paul. What a joy that trip must have been.

Cheers!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

Touring Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touring Ireland   Touring Ireland Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:14 am

I'm going to have to get on the bandwagon with Oz1200Guzzi
and tell you how much I enjoy seeing you doing something that I wish I was doing that I'm not.

DM
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

Touring Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touring Ireland   Touring Ireland Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi Paul,

I am new to the ghetto but have seen on the net that you have done some great work with guzzidiag,

I'm happy to see that you had a good trip around Ireland and people wont believe that you only encountered one day of rain!!!
I hope that the people you met on your trip were friendly and I see from the photos that you got to experience our great WIDE roads in the west of Ireland.

Was the third bike that joined you an Irish bike or a tourist? I was wondering how did you find the Stelvio handled the twisty roads as I am having a strong attraction to the 2011
orange stelvio 8v with regular cases and alloy wheels to replace my FJR.

Would you recommend the Stelvio?

I also know the Netherlands pretty well as I have some family living there, more bicycles on the roads than sheep I think!!

Guzzi Cat
Back to top Go down
Overholt13
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Overholt13

Touring Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touring Ireland   Touring Ireland Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:39 pm

was lucky enough to spend a couple of weeks in Ireland last year I would recommend it to anybody but I did not  get to do it on a Guzzi!!! dam it!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down

Touring Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touring Ireland   Touring Ireland Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:01 pm

Glad you all enjoyed your trips over here. Welcome back anytime.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

Touring Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touring Ireland   Touring Ireland Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:31 am

I was lucky enough to get to Ireland in 2004, but didn't have a bike licence then, so I drove my self , the ex girlfriend and her daughter, who was working in Dublin, around the place. Unfortunately we only had 4 days to do it in. So we drove from Dublin to Bushmills, to Castlebar to Cork and back to Dublin. And we only had one day of rain and a little sleet while at the Giants Causeway. And the people were brilliant.
Back to top Go down

Touring Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touring Ireland   Touring Ireland Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:23 pm

Wow.
Thanks for posting the pics. Nice place. It looks surprisingly a lot like Newfoundland - except for the castles and nice scenery. And they probably speak better English.
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

Touring Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touring Ireland   Touring Ireland Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:24 pm

Guzzi Cat wrote:

Was the third bike that joined you an Irish bike or a tourist? I was wondering how did you find the Stelvio handled the twisty roads as I am having a strong attraction to the 2011

Guzzi Cat

It was a Dutchmen too. Yes I recommend the stelvio for the Irish roads.

I did 40.000km from 2009 Never done so much in a few years. The thing looks like new. Ok, I don't do salted roads.
And it is great for taking the wife with you.

The two orange ones are both converted 2009 bikes, that I did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

Touring Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touring Ireland   Touring Ireland Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:12 am

pauldaytona wrote:
Guzzi Cat wrote:

Guzzi Cat

It was a Dutchmen too. Yes I recommend the stelvio for the Irish roads.  

I did 40.000km from 2009 Never done so much in a few years. The thing looks like new. Ok, I don't do salted roads.
And it is great for taking the wife with you.

The two orange ones are both converted 2009 bikes, that I did.  

Thanks for the feedback Paul, It looks like you done a super job of converting the 09 bikes to 2011 spec, I love the orange colour scheme,

And yes Harry just like Newfoundland we have a lot of NERVOUS Sheep here too, Embarassed
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

Touring Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touring Ireland   Touring Ireland Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:39 am

More magnificent views.
Back to top Go down
BOTT Racing
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
BOTT Racing

Touring Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touring Ireland   Touring Ireland Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:03 pm

Mooi Paul!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Touring Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touring Ireland   Touring Ireland Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Touring Ireland
Page 1 of 1