GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Windscreen possibility

Go down 
+26
beetle
martynez
The Saint
Cantaloop
Blue
Pete Roper
Converted Duc
JohnA
AOAM
89millegt
bioman
Grisodude
NorthernProducer
plantboy
sleddy
keenerkeen07
ObdewlaX
Tolle09
diedel
mark111
Tod.
Steak
Grisonut
grisopaul
jomartijr
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

Windscreen possibility Empty
PostSubject: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:35 am

A buddy just sent this link and it looks like a good alternative to windscreens. The pic shows a 24" I think but shorter screen are available.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
grisopaul
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
grisopaul

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:13 pm

I wonder what the mounts look like
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:35 pm

Damn.
Functional I'm sure but ugly as hell though... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:54 pm

DITTO - big time! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:57 pm

Looks like a windshield from CHiPs...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Tod.
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Tod.

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:52 am

Nope, doesn't do it for me. Fugly!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:54 am

That's the problem with the GRiSO...
That bike looks so great that it's hard to do functional things to it without fucking up its good looks.

darkdog45 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:13 am

WTF!

Take some powdered cement with your next glass of milk bro.
Back to top Go down
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:16 pm

I agree the pic of the 24" tall screen looks oversize and awkward.  But some other features like the lower fit make me think a shorter version pic is worth a look.

To date, I've seen only one screen I like and that MG medium screen is no longer available... unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:54 pm

Thanks Steak! Now I can't get that damn show opening CHiPs tune out of my head.

Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:17 pm

It's all so suggestive but I'm 5.7" so my head doesn't stick up that high.
Consequently, I don't need a tall windscreen... My GIVI 770 blocks enough air for me to be comfy all day at 80mph (or over still). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:40 am

New Marlin model screen from DART might work for some on a GRiSO.

Back to top Go down
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:21 am

I sent an inquiry to Dart with a pic of the now non-available MG touring screen to see if they could produce one similar. After reading about their manufacturing method, injection molding, I doubt this will fly as mold tooling would be large and costly. I guess that's one reason they make small screens.

It would be interesting to see if that Marlin model would clear the instrument pod on the GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
Tod.
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Tod.

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:35 am

I have a Dart screen on my W800, and must admit it doesn't do too bad a job. Quality of the fittings is right up there with the best, although it is about 2 inches taller the my minuscule OEM Guzzi screen.
Back to top Go down
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:24 am

I received an email this morning from Steve at Dart indicating they are working on hardware for making the Marlin fit the GRiSO.

Back to top Go down
diedel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
diedel

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:31 am

jomartijr wrote:
A buddy just sent this link and it looks like a good alternative to windscreens.  The pic shows a 24" I think but shorter screen are available.

… poor GRiSO
Back to top Go down
Tolle09
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Tolle09

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:49 am

To quote the words of the famous bard Paul Calf -" bag o' shite "
Back to top Go down
ObdewlaX
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
ObdewlaX

PostSubject: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:58 am

This looks promising... Parabellum looks to have a new sport fairing model called the Scout that looks better than the fugly touring version the OP listed that started this thread. Available with different size windscreens... expensive though. Dang! affraid

Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:32 am

scratch I dunno i think they are all ugly, on a GRiSO a fly screen works ...everything else just looks like a parasite ..

but each to his own eh .......
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:42 am

The GIVI A770 (and 750) was the best looking unit IMO...
The one that was on some V11 models is nice as well and still available from Guzzi.
Back to top Go down
sleddy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
sleddy

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2015 3:48 am

We've got the Marlin out now. I may be biased, but I think it suits the bike really well:

Marlin for GRiSO
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2015 11:45 pm

Looks great Steve, providing even slightly better coverage than the original style I have had on my GRiSO for the last few months.  You may remember Jan, who persuaded you to do a fitting for the V7 Classic a few years ago, well the Classic has gone but she now has a dark screen on her newer V7 Stone.  On another tack, my rumour mill says you may be considering a fitting for the new Duc Scrambler - true or false?
Back to top Go down
sleddy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
sleddy

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Thu May 21, 2015 3:39 am

I remember Jan very well! Indeed, I have much to thank her for - the V7 screen has been a runaway success. Please give her my regards if you see her.

Your information is correct about the Scrambler - I got one of the first to arrive in the UK and we should be launching our screen for it in the next week or two. It's a great bike - possibly a keeper.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Thu May 21, 2015 5:39 am

sleddy wrote:
We've got the Marlin out now. I may be biased, but I think it suits the bike really well:

Marlin for GRiSO

:cheers:best one yet...that compliments the bike nicely

I just ordered one in fact .....planning some touring later on this year..

Last edited by keenerkeen07 on Thu May 21, 2015 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1Thu May 21, 2015 6:00 am

sleddy wrote:

Marlin for GRiSO

Great looking screen! I have the Classic on my GRiSO now...can the Marlin screen be mounted to the Classic brackets? If so, is the Marlin screen available separately?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Windscreen possibility
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next