GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Windscreen possibility

Go down 
+26
beetle
martynez
The Saint
Cantaloop
Blue
Pete Roper
Converted Duc
JohnA
AOAM
89millegt
bioman
Grisodude
NorthernProducer
plantboy
sleddy
keenerkeen07
ObdewlaX
Tolle09
diedel
mark111
Tod.
Steak
Grisonut
grisopaul
jomartijr
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 22, 2015 2:17 am

jomartijr
Bit tall for my liking, but some may like it.
I have a Dart which just about covers the speedo and that's about it.

Thanks for sharing as someone may be after something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 22, 2015 5:58 am

I agree it's not the best looking- especially considering the original styling of the GRiSO.  At the time I was considering function over form but I joined the ghetto bandwagon and ended up with a Dart for my bike- at least for now.

I'm still looking, however, for a screen with more protection, something like the larger item Pete Roper showed on his bike.  I think it was an MRA HI model.  Or maybe the MRA Vario Touring with the added deflector.  It's smaller but might work well with that deflector.

Thanks for your input, appreciated.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 22, 2015 11:01 am

keenerkeen07 wrote:
i think they are all ugly, on a GRiSO a fly screen works ...everything else just looks like a parasite ..

I have a MG fly screen on my bike. I like it and it works very well. But at higher speeds I sometimes wish for a bit more wind protection. Does anyone have some experience with these clip-on extenders? Do they fit? Do they work?

Examples:
- MRA: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

- Puig: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 22, 2015 9:50 pm

re the MRA ....cant say that i have tried them myself , but i have heard good reports on them at Multistrada.net , The Multis 03 to 08 can create some buffeting at speed for some riders, and these products have helped many with that issue. you just have to find the right adjustment for your body size..
they may work well on a flyscreen   Wink
Back to top Go down
89millegt
Carlotto
Carlotto
89millegt

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:32 pm

I just swapped the smaller Dart flyscreen for the Marlin. I like it.

Back to top Go down
AOAM
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
AOAM

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:59 pm

I just came back from my first longer ride since installing the Marlin from Dart. Gotta say - it is awesome. A great screen that functions really well.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:15 pm

like my Dart Marlin too, takes alot of wind of the torso and looks great as well.
Easy install as well
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:09 pm

If you look on page 1 of this thread, there is a picture of my GRiSO with a parabellum with a 10" screen on it. It makes a huge difference in air flow. The cost was high at $800 painted, but worth it to me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:15 am

Hi all, I have a clear screen that I believe might be factory. If anyone else has it do you know if the bolt that goes through the top triple clamp is the original bolt or one that came with the screen.

I am thinking of getting a smaller Marlin Dart or classic Dart for summer and want to be prepared. By the way what say you Marlin or Classic? And I was thinking of tinted Black or mid? Thoughts?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:30 am

The original is shorter. If you want to get rid of the factory screen I'd be happy to get a spare. Since I took the original bolts out I can probably dig one out of my bolt box.

Pic of location would've good so I can have a dig.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:37 am

Hehe, thanks for the quick reply Pete, just been thinking about those smaller Dart flyscreens i reckon they look the biz. Still trying to arrange a couple of days off so i can come down meet you and get you to give the bike a once over to tidy up a couple of items.
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:39 am

Oh yeah have I mentioned today how much fun I am having on this bike Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:31 am

Converted Duc wrote:
Oh yeah have I mentioned today how much fun I am having on this bike Very Happy

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
AOAM
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
AOAM

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:50 am

I have the DART Marlin in midnight. It really prefer the midnight to the clear.
Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:30 pm

My favourite one:

Biondi, Metal dark. It is rare and hard to find. But I think its perfect for the GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:44 am

That's not half bad. Best one I've see so far.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:27 pm

That looks VERY nice indeed!! And I see you have managed to keep your headers very nice & shiny!!
Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:42 pm

bioman wrote:
And I see you have managed to keep your headers very nice & shiny!!  

They are not shiny anymore. I have to polish them one more time in the nearer future...

And here some other pics from another ankle... the windshield takes away the pressure when driving faster. It does look nice and it works. The silver colored parts are made of aluminum - no color on it.

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:29 pm

Cantaloop wrote:
Biondi, Metal dark. It is rare and hard to find. But I think its perfect for the GRiSO.

So where did you find it?
Back to top Go down
martynez
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
martynez

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:06 am

Hi All,
I need a little help. I get a second hand original MG touring screen, but the spacers between the mounting points and the bolts didn't come. Can somebody of you who has the screen to post the dimensions of the spacers - diameter and how long are they and from what kind of material they are made.
Regards!
Martin
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:31 pm

The top spacers (that attach to the top triple clamp) are 21.5mm x 12.5mm. The factory ones have a step in them at the screen end of 20mm diameter. The hole is 8mm.

The bottom spacers (headlamp) are 13mm long and 12.5mm diameter. 8mm hole.

They are stainless steel.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
martynez
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
martynez

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:20 pm

Thank you so much! It was very helpful.
Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:19 pm

bioman wrote:
Cantaloop wrote:

So where did you find it?

Had luck and found it on Italian Ebay.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:29 pm

Liking the Marlin Dart. That may be the one for me. Thanks for posting the pic. 89mill. Does it do a pretty decent job removing some wind pressure?
Back to top Go down
89millegt
Carlotto
Carlotto
89millegt

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:42 pm

The Dart Marlin does a nice job keeping the air off my chest. Helmet stays in clean air above;no buffeting. I'm 6'1". I like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen possibility   Windscreen possibility - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Windscreen possibility
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next