GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Ear Plugs and Tinnitus

Go down 
+19
bradbusa
keenerkeen07
roam
Steak
NorthernProducer
Tolle09
blue thunder
opc
Enzo the baker
Josh.C
CPB
f-man
Blue
waterbottle
Street
tocino
beetle
jomartijr
Fissionmaker
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

Ear Plugs and Tinnitus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ear Plugs and Tinnitus   Ear Plugs and Tinnitus - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 19, 2015 7:01 am

Not a topic I choose to dwell on but cleaning disposable ear plugs extends their life and I'm too "thrifty" to dispose of something before it's useful life is up. Use an old toothbrush and hydrogen peroxide for cleaning. Don't soak, the plug absorbs and swells up.

Back to top Go down
bradbusa
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bradbusa

PostSubject: Re: Ear Plugs and Tinnitus   Ear Plugs and Tinnitus - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 19, 2015 10:02 am

i may be late to the party but i dealt with this terribly when i first started riding. i would yell at everyone for at least 40 minutes after i rode anywhere. it was quite comical, but also annoying to enter a quiet room for a while after.
i started out trying ear plugs. they definitely do the trick. absolutely, whether you have tinnitus or not, everyone should wear them.
however, i found this to be a tad boring. did some research and there's a company who makes headphone tips made out of the same material ear plugs are made out of
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

you can get foam tips for any kind of headphone you use. great for sound isolation, and noise insulation. not only do they make your headphones sound better in quiet environments, but they also keep the headphones snugged into your ears so they dont come out.
my recommendation is to go with the "isolation plus" option. the rounded "comfort plus" are quite the opposite.. very uncomfortable
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Ear Plugs and Tinnitus   Ear Plugs and Tinnitus - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 19, 2015 10:18 am

I have been using earplugs disposables for probably 25 years , I cant ride without them now I like the world of quiet , I can always hear enough ...sirens , my pipe thrumming away things that matter but they are all subdued , leaves me much easier to concentrate on the ride , to plan the turns etc.
I have found the disposables the best for me , they fit snug but not to tight and are easy to put in and take out, they also come in handy for noisy campgrounds or snoring girlfriends...Razz
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: Ear Plugs and Tinnitus   Ear Plugs and Tinnitus - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 19, 2015 3:28 pm

Well lots of Tinitus patients here. Me too, worked from 21 to 31 weekly as soundengineer at rock concerts, never had a problem then, but last I think five years it's there, and never stops. left side pulsating noise , going up and down with hart rate. With it hearing loss, so wearing hearing aids when working, alse I can't understand people.
Last years I can't handle loud sounds too. You think, well you hear less, so have less problem with hard sounds, the opposite is true.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

PostSubject: Re: Ear Plugs and Tinnitus   Ear Plugs and Tinnitus - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 19, 2015 6:12 pm

I recently found these.

They don't stop as much sound as expanding disposables but do a great job and are comfortable inside a lid

Radian self mold plugs

Ebay clicky
Back to top Go down
roam
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
roam

PostSubject: Re: Ear Plugs and Tinnitus   Ear Plugs and Tinnitus - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2015 12:37 pm

bradbusa wrote:
i found this to be a tad boring. did some research and there's a company who makes headphone tips made out of the same material ear plugs are made out of

Etymotic makes excellent ear plug / ear phones. I use the MC5s myserl

Back to top Go down
Fissionmaker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Fissionmaker

PostSubject: Re: Ear Plugs and Tinnitus   Ear Plugs and Tinnitus - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 21, 2015 7:05 am

I bought Plugphones for fitness road bicycling (cause I like to listen to music whlist doing so). They are a great comfortable design but unfortunately channel too much wind noise. They do work well inside a full face helmet though.
Back to top Go down
Fissionmaker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Fissionmaker

PostSubject: Re: Ear Plugs and Tinnitus   Ear Plugs and Tinnitus - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2015 5:03 am

wardest wrote:
I recently found these.

They don't stop as much sound as expanding disposables but do a great job and are comfortable inside a lid

Radian self mold plugs

Ebay clicky
The best solution so far, thanks for pointing them out.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Ear Plugs and Tinnitus   Ear Plugs and Tinnitus - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2015 3:09 pm

can't hear you for the ringing in my ear...
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Ear Plugs and Tinnitus   Ear Plugs and Tinnitus - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:05 pm

I have been wearing ear plugs since 1987?
And my Hearing is FINE.
Doesn't stop me from pounding on keyboards! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ear Plugs and Tinnitus   Ear Plugs and Tinnitus - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Ear Plugs and Tinnitus
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2