GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Plug Wires

Go down 
+2
Pete Roper
WCB
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

Plug Wires Empty
PostSubject: Plug Wires   Plug Wires Icon_minitime1Wed May 13, 2015 10:46 am

I found that my wife's GRiSO SE had a bad connection at the coil end of the plug wire on one side and because of this it had been arcing pretty badly and kind of cooked the end. I could just replace the metal connector, but the wire looks pretty beat up.

While I'm in there, and the bike is going to be idle a while, I think I'll just replace them. I have SB05E's on the plug ends, so I'll just reuse them on the new wire.

Do any of you know how big a wire can go in the channel under the cover? I see Accel has some 8.8mm wires. I'm curious as to whether or not they'll fit. Are there any pre-made plug wire kits made with the SB05E's already on them for the GRiSO 8v?

Thanks,

Doug
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Plug Wires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plug Wires   Plug Wires Icon_minitime1Wed May 13, 2015 11:15 am

Not that I know of. I simply buy copper cored HT lead from 'Wottalottacrap Auto' by the metre and cut it to length.

There were/are some NGK leads with 90 degree caps available a few years ago but they were a Japanese market only product and were poisonously expensive. I did buy a set but ended up giving them away as using the SB05E caps just made a lot more sense.

Is there nor enough length in the original lead to just snip a little bit off the end?

Pete
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

Plug Wires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plug Wires   Plug Wires Icon_minitime1Wed May 13, 2015 11:27 am

There probably is, I'll have to cut and check. I'm concerned that the arcing thrashed the core a good ways back. I'll know more when I trim the end off.

Back to top Go down
Slates
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Slates

Plug Wires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plug Wires   Plug Wires Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:38 pm

Mine started arcing this week, nothing getting to the plug as a result.  Couldn’t believe the piaggio replacement is now over £100!!  I’ve ordered one but will happily cancel it if anyone can confirm a perfect non OEM option?? 1200 SE 2011
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

Plug Wires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plug Wires   Plug Wires Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I got tired of the wire issue on my former 15 8v and didn't like the hard cap solution so I bought some NGK racing wires and cut to fit never had a problem again plus the red sticking out looked nice
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Plug Wires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plug Wires   Plug Wires Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:37 am

As long as the OD of the wire will fit inside the coil and plug cap ends it can be any size, the channel in the rockerbox cover is large enough.

My 'original' wires were carbon fibre - horrible things prone to wicking water up them and to failure. Replace with copper asap
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

Plug Wires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plug Wires   Plug Wires Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:33 am

The NGK wires just needed the end crimped on for the coil Napa had them ran in lots of torrential Florida downpours never skipped a beat.
Back to top Go down
drburt
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
drburt

Plug Wires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plug Wires   Plug Wires Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:08 pm

A while back I went on the non-productive LOCAL search for the coil end crimp on connector.
AutoZone, O'Reillys, Advance, NAPA to no avail.

Ended up sourcing from  JEGS.
Bought this 10 pack.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

More choices
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Brent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plug Wires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plug Wires   Plug Wires Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Plug Wires