GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello From New Hampshie!

Go down 
+12
Omnis
bradbusa
beetle
tocino
NorthernProducer
gucio
The Saint
Canyon Carver
Spaceknight
Pete Roper
f-man
Grade247
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Grade247
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Grade247

Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 19, 2015 6:29 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Grade247 wrote:

Thanks for the help Pete and your level of patience! I bought the cables and have a windows tablet coming to be used primarily as a mapping/diagnostic tool. Who in your opinion Pete gas a solid reliable map for a stock 1200? Oh quick question I was told by the dealer break in was 600 miles but the service manual i found pn guzzitech says just over 900 for break in?

Try Mark's work. I'm on holidays at the moment but if you send your email to 'Beetle' I'm sure something suitable will appear in your inbox shortly! Very Happy

Read up on how to tune your bike, while very simple the 8V is extremely picky about things being *Right*. Tappets at 6 thou inlet, 8 thou exhaust, TB's balanced high and low and at most only one air bleed open.

Pete

Will do I have heard nothing but good stuff about Mark's work and dedication to this bike. I am still searching for an exhaust I want they are ALL pretty nice but I think I am leaning on the ipothesys system. I like some of the others but either sound or price is too much. Anyone know where I can get a termi pipe? Even through my I dealer they have one listed for the GRiSO but have never sold one. If the ipothesys is a no go I might go with Zardari that one seems to pass most of what I want for an exhaust.
Back to top Go down
bradbusa
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bradbusa

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 19, 2015 9:41 am

Hey Tim, welcome to the gang!
i purchased my 2013 new a few months ago(factory leftover) and have been going through all the services you're looking into now. there are a few things regarding TB sync'ing that can be confusing but i'll help you get through it if you have any questions.
definitely contact Beetle regarding tuning. the bike runs great with his mapping!
regarding exhaust, look at the mistral high mount.. best shows off the single sided swingarm and follows the lines of the bike cleanly.
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 19, 2015 6:35 pm

Hey Tim, New Hampshire will see a lot of Guzzi on June 18-21 for the MGNOC National rally.
Bunch of us coming down from Canada. Hope to see you then.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 19, 2015 11:53 pm

Omnis wrote:
Hey Tim, New Hampshire will see a lot of Guzzi on June 18-21 for the MGNOC National rally.

I know there will be several from our area out here on the Left Coast, but unfortunately Esther and I won't be there. Maybe some day...
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Grade247
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Grade247

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2015 4:14 am

Omnis wrote:

Oh I am looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
Grade247
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Grade247

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2015 6:43 am

bradbusa wrote:
Hey Tim, welcome to the gang!
i purchased my 2013 new a few months ago(factory leftover) and have been going through all the services you're looking into now. there are a few things regarding TB sync'ing that can be confusing but i'll help you get through I'd t if you have any questions.
definitely contact Beetle regarding tuning. the bike runs great with his mapping!
regarding exhaust, look at the mistral high mount.. best shows off the single sided swingarm and follows the lines of the bike cleanly.

I am going to try to get into the first come first serve service at seacoast sport cycle. They are booked on service toll mid june so I might just have to hope I can get in on Saturday. When my cable and Windows tablet shows up ill more then likely be asking mark for a map. I'd LOVE a high mount but I plan on running my cortech saddles bags and that pipe is a no go then. I am REALLY interested in the ipothesys setup
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2015 9:55 am

I'm pretty much certain the Ipothysis set up will be a bastard to set up and won't work very well.

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2015 3:53 pm

Personally, after watching The Saint go thru the process of pipe and tune and building maps, and seeing the results including Dyno proof. I would go the HIGH PIPE and then make a saddle bag support bracket.

Reality is, the pipe and its results are there forever, the bags and rack are just an occasional use for convenience.

Al's torque curve could be drawn with a ruler, basically 80 lbs/ft from 3,000rpm. It's the torque curve flat that will convince me to put an 8V in Bella.
Back to top Go down
Grade247
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Grade247

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat May 23, 2015 8:32 am

ghezzi wrote:
Personally, after watching The Saint go thru the process of pipe and tune and building maps, and seeing the results including Dyno proof. I would go the HIGH PIPE and then make a saddle bag support bracket.

Reality is, the pipe and its results are there forever, the bags and rack are just an occasional use for convenience.

Al's torque curve could be drawn with a ruler, basically 80 lbs/ft from 3,000rpm. It's the torque curve flat that will convince me to put an 8V in Bella.

I'll have to look into it more. That is mistral correct ?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat May 23, 2015 9:11 am

Al is using an Agostini can I believe but with an extension similar to the Mistral Hi-Pipe.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat May 23, 2015 11:41 am

Pete (Street) has been running the Mistral high pipe on his 1100 for about seven years and 50,000 miles with no heat damage to his turn signal that I know of.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat May 23, 2015 11:59 am

Will a stock mapped bike run decently with the Mistral high pipe ( dbk killer installed) until I obtain and load beetle's map?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat May 23, 2015 12:30 pm

jomartijr wrote:
Will a stock mapped bike run decently with the Mistral high pipe ( dbk killer installed) until I obtain and load beetle's map?

Yup, it'll run OK. Nowhere as near as well as it will when it's remapped but it won't do anything drastically horrible.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Grade247
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Grade247

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat May 23, 2015 7:00 pm

I am kinda digging the high mount that price is hard to beat.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat May 23, 2015 9:07 pm

Welcome Grade. Personally, I love those red 2015's! Enjoy

Back to top Go down
Grade247
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Grade247

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 25, 2015 7:42 am

Pete how well does the Zard run compared to the mistral? Does the dbk in/out work on the regular mistral or JUST the high rise?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 25, 2015 2:47 pm

Mistral & Zard are completely different animals. Zard owners seem very happy, but you won't get the bottom end torque you will with the Mistral. As far as 'low' Mistral v Hi-Pipe, the maps are very different. The Hi-Pipe maps were built for the Hi-Pipe only. The low pipe map is still a work in progress.

Look, any map will run with any pipe. Some will run OK and some will run like shite. As they are built to run open loop, each map will perform best with the pipe it was made for. That doent mean the bike will fail to proceed if you load the Mistral Hi-Pipe map onto a bike with a stock exhaust. It just won't run as well as it could. Or should. Pauldaytona was running a GRiSO map in his Stelvio for a while.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Grade247
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Grade247

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2015 6:24 am

beetle wrote:
Mistral & Zard are completely different animals.  Zard owners seem very happy, but you won't get the bottom end torque you will with the Mistral. As far as 'low' Mistral v Hi-Pipe, the maps are very different. The Hi-Pipe maps were built for the Hi-Pipe only. The low pipe map is still a work in progress.

Look, any map will run with any pipe. Some will run OK and some will run like shite. As they are built to run open loop, each map will perform best with the pipe it was made for. That doent mean the bike will fail to proceed if you load the Mistral Hi-Pipe map onto a bike with a stock exhaust. It just won't run as well as it could. Or should. Pauldaytona was running a GRiSO map in his Stelvio for a while.

Sorry if I sound like a broken record just trying to get the best I can when I am going to be spending nearly a grand on a muffler. The high rise sounds hard to beat but aesthetically not a fan of the look.
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2015 7:47 am

Hello Tim;

actually there is the Zard in my 1200 8V. With the stock map it's o.k., with the beetle map better, but i think this map is still und er construction. Last Werk i bought an Mistral high pipe but haven't mounted it. When it's done, i can refer my subjective perception.

Sven
Back to top Go down
Grade247
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Grade247

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2015 5:09 pm

f-man wrote:
Hello Tim;

actually there is the Zard in my 1200 8V. With the stock map it's o.k., with the beetle map better, but i think this map is still und er construction. Last Werk i bought an Mistral high pipe but haven't mounted it. When it's done, i can refer my subjective perception.

Sven

Yes please Sven I'd appreciate your opinion greatly. Its gonna be a Zard mistral or termi. I was considering a gt rx pipe but pete said it ran awful
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2015 6:14 pm

f-man wrote:
Hello Tim;

Sven

I believe we're at a point with the Zard map where Mark is focusing more on perfecting the high end, but the rest is quite close to optimal - Mark, is this correct? I've ridden around on the latest version for a bit now and it's a real improvement over running the stock map. For sure another version is in the near future but I have no worries running the current iteration.

I'm running the no cat-con Zard with the DB killer.

Right now I'm waiting to see what Christian says to Mark's question re: the output in the latest version of ScanM5X. The new version is putting TPS values in the log that don't seem right.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2015 6:26 pm

Steve, correct. Just want to tidy up above 6500 RPM.

I hope to some testing his afternoon with this TPS thing.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Grade247
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Grade247

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 29, 2015 7:34 pm

Ah so JUST got back from a 60 mile little trip after loading up Marks Stock remap. The things I noticed right off. The fuel economy got a suprising jump (Was about avg 35ish now 42-45 mil/gal) I at best run 93 octane with 10% eth best I got around. The power was FAR more linear which was very nice.

And now the "bad"
I know mapping/tuning (at least with my car when I ran a Cobb off the shelf tune) took some time for the new fuel trims to settle but it ran smoothly. On the bike however ANYTHING below 3k rpm and it bucks/misfires/spits not super badly but intermitten. Low/small throttle IE crusing in 5th/6th above 3k I had the same issue misses here and there and bucking.

Other then that is ran VERY well 3k-8k. first few miles were a bit rough but that was expected. I will note I did a CO trim change BUT it didnt really seem to affect my idle AT ALL. it is currently sitting at -20 did adjustments from 0 to -20 and didnt see much of a change when I had it idling at operating temp.

My main question(s) is/are how long on average does it take for one of marks remaps to "settle" and if this is a fluke could it POSSIBLY be my valves weren't adjusted properly? (fairly unlikly since the tech that handled my bike is one of the best if not THE best in New England or so I have been told from guzzitech wildguzzi and MGNOC)

Oh one last note I get a LOT more popping on over run now also. stock tune it was RARE. Mark's tune it is A LOT haha.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 29, 2015 8:03 pm

First up, CO trim of -20 is waaay too much. Set it at 0 at a minimum. Try +3 and ride again. I'm going to have to do a write -up on CO trim and what it does.

Secondly, lambda is off, therefore the ECU doesn't trim.

The popping is because the bike is running lean due to the -20 CO trim.

Please please please reset the CO trim to +3 and report back. Then we will talk about your valves and stuff.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 29, 2015 8:07 pm

It's an open loop map, it doesn't trim.

When the map was uploaded were the TPS reset and the self learning parameters, (Trims.) zeroed? If not, do that immediately.

If problems persist then most likely it will be a tuning and set-up issue. Lucian just posted on WG that he finally found that some klutz had wound the throttle stop screw on his left TB in one and a half turns. He managed to correct and re-set everything and the bike is now running as it should be?

As I keep repeating remapping is NOT a 'Magic Bullet'. The entire tune has to be correct otherwise the bike will run like a bag of shit. People can blame the map as much as they like but in EVERY case I've come across so far when installing one of Mark's maps if there are problems? It's because someone has done something fucking stupid with the tune. Either the valves will be out, the throttle bodies not balanced or, must likely in these sorts of circumstances, someone has buggered about with the idle stop screw or the linkage rod.

Valves at 6 thou inlet, 8 thou exhaust.

TB's balanced and TPS re-set.

Only one air bleed maximum open.

'Sacred Screw' and linkage rod unmolested

Map uploaded and then TPS and self learners re-set.

CO trim set at ZERO, at least to start off. Rarely will you have to go more than a very few microseconds either way from Zero unless you are using a map not built for your pipe.

If any of these things are wrong or neglected? Sorry. Not the map's fault.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello From New Hampshie!   Hello From New Hampshie! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello From New Hampshie!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: