GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New member on the Gold Coast

Go down 
+3
jollyjeweller
Landman
sgw01
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sgw01
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
sgw01

New member on the Gold Coast Empty
PostSubject: New member on the Gold Coast   New member on the Gold Coast Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi everyone, recently sold my RSV4 and bought a 2012 GRiSO 8V SE.
Bought the bike from Victory Motorcycles Sydney of bike sales, first bike I have purchased unseen.
It arrived on Tuesday and I couldn't be happier, very clean and unmarked, it has 6500k's on the clock, termi pipe, rear rack, stucchi belly pan, mg small screen.
Getting the roadworthy done this morning, so I can change the rego from NSW to Qld.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by sgw01 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Landman
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Landman

PostSubject: Re: New member on the Gold Coast   New member on the Gold Coast Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Great looking bike - looks like you're ready to roll! Welcome to the Ghetto
Back to top Go down
jollyjeweller
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
jollyjeweller

PostSubject: Re: New member on the Gold Coast   New member on the Gold Coast Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:52 am

That's very pretty !
Hoping to take mine out for it's first good ride since last weeks purchase, think the weather there is better than here...8 degrees but looks like it should be a dry one.
Enjoy !
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: New member on the Gold Coast   New member on the Gold Coast Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:44 pm

Welcome
great looking bike.
Can I ask why you sold the RSV4 and bought the GRiSO.

Harry
Back to top Go down
sgw01
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
sgw01

PostSubject: Re: New member on the Gold Coast   New member on the Gold Coast Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:37 am

Hi Harry,

Before the RSV4, I had a RSVR (V2) which was a great road bike, I then bought the RSV4 which is an awesome bike, but IMO is too much bike for the street, it was fun to ride, but I wanted a change and also wanted another V twin, If they still made the RSVR I would have considered buying another new one.
I have always admired the GRiSO and after riding one on a Moto Guzzi ride day, I loved it,the looks, the relaxed riding position, the ample toque it has, and if you go on a ride you hardly see another one and I like that. Very Happy 

cheers

Stephen
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: New member on the Gold Coast   New member on the Gold Coast Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:40 am

Welcome to the ghetto Stephen!

You are the envy of all of us here in North America with your nice weather and long days...

Enjoy the GRiSO!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
sgw01
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
sgw01

PostSubject: Re: New member on the Gold Coast   New member on the Gold Coast Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:49 am

Thanks Steak.

Just getting ready too head out for a ride now, meeting up with a several others for a 270+K loop.

Stephen's tasty Route Map

Will hopefully get some pics and post a ride report.

Cheers

Stephen
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: New member on the Gold Coast   New member on the Gold Coast Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Looks good. I've driven that road between Kyogle and Beaudesert, should be great on a bike. My wife didn't like it though. "Never go that way ever again" she said.  Very Happy 

cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: New member on the Gold Coast   New member on the Gold Coast Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:38 pm

Looks like the previous owner shortened the stock mudguard so it is still legal at 45 degrees from the axle but you look to be missing the rear reflector?? The one time I have been pulled over out near Advancetown, he said they were checking the mudguard was legal and I had a rear reflector.

What is your setup after the roadworthy? Where is the reflector and where is the rego sticker? One the exhaust mount?

Back to top Go down
sgw01
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
sgw01

PostSubject: Re: New member on the Gold Coast   New member on the Gold Coast Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi ecs,

Ive checked rear mudguard with angle finder and it complies with Qld regs, not sure if reflector is required, I'm quite paranoid about it as I was pulled over on my RSV4 for this, as the original owner had cut off the piece hanging down below the number plate (by the way is only about 20mm wide by 100mm long) the officer let me go but I had to fix the problem.

As for the rego label, I normally stick them onto the left front fork leg and cover it with clear film, as of Sept 2014 (I think) we will no longer require them.
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: New member on the Gold Coast   New member on the Gold Coast Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:29 pm

I think it is a fine, not sure if any points but have heard of people getting a defect notice only - check Transport Operations (Road Use Management—Vehicle Standards and Safety) Regulation 2010

Looks simple enough to mock up a bracket to hang a rectangle reflector off the bottom of the number plate.

Rear reflectors
(1) A motor vehicle with 4 or more wheels, and a trailer, must    have a rear-facing red reflector towards each side of its rear(2) However, a sugar cane trailer need not comply with    subsection (1) if is not at night.
(3) A motorbike, a sidecar attached to a motorbike, and a    motortrike, must have a rear-facing red reflector.
(4) The centre of each reflector must be—
(a) at the same height above ground level; and
(b) not over 1.5m above ground level.
(5) However, subsection (4) does not apply to a reflector fitted to a sidecar attached to a motorbike.
(6) A reflector fitted to a motor vehicle with 4 or more wheels, or  a trailer, must not be over 400mm from the nearer side of the   vehicle.
(7) A vehicle fitted with rear-facing red reflectors in accordance    with subsection (1) or (3) may be fitted with additional red   reflectors at any height above ground level or at any distance  from the side of the vehicle.
Back to top Go down
sgw01
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
sgw01

PostSubject: Re: New member on the Gold Coast   New member on the Gold Coast Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:19 pm

rear reflector installed, just incase I get pulled over and the nice policeman is having a bad day Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member on the Gold Coast   New member on the Gold Coast Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New member on the Gold Coast
Page 1 of 1