GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

WHAT IS A DB KILLER

Go down 
+4
Oz1200Guzzi
Pete Roper
beetle
WAKEY
8 posters
AuthorMessage
WAKEY
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
WAKEY

WHAT IS A DB KILLER Empty
PostSubject: WHAT IS A DB KILLER   WHAT IS A DB KILLER Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:22 pm

HI AGAIN FELLERS, CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT A DBK IS AND WHERE & HOW YOU FIT THEM AND WHERE I CAN GET ONE, I'AM USE TO MY HARLEY BEING LOUD BUT MY PIPES ON MY GRiSO ARE NEARLY POINTING TO MY EARS, DON'T GET ME WRONG I LOVE THE SOUND BUT SITTING ON HIGH SPEEDS FOR ALONG DISTANCE, WELL I DON'T HAVE TO TELL YOU'S ABOUT THAT, I'AM THINKING THE DBK GOES IN BEFORE YOU FIT THE MUFFLERS, IDE LOVE TO KEEP THE SAME NOTE BUT A BIT QUIETER IF POSSIBLE. ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIEATED.

WAKEY.
Back to top Go down
http://sw57@bigpond.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS A DB KILLER   WHAT IS A DB KILLER Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:59 pm

NO NEED TO YELL!

A dBk is a little restrictor that goes in the output port of the muffler.

You should be able to get them from the pipe manufacturer if it's still a current product.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS A DB KILLER   WHAT IS A DB KILLER Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:56 pm

With the Lavizzari set up there should be two plates with smaller tubes through them that are retained by circlips in the backs of the mufflers. Yes, without them in the Lavizzari system is unconscionably loud. Almost as bad as the Guzzitech right hand exhaust!

Pete
Back to top Go down
WAKEY
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
WAKEY

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS A DB KILLER   WHAT IS A DB KILLER Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:22 pm

THANKS GUYS,SO THEY ARE BAFFLES, AND SOMEBODY GAVE THEM ANOTHER NAME, I THOUGHT THEY MAY HAVE GONE INTO THE END OF THE GRiSO CENTRE PIPE BEFORE THE MUFFLERS WENT ON,AND THEY WERE A GENUINE MOTO GUZZI PART.I'LL GET IN CONTACT WITH THE GUY THAT OWNED IT BEFORE ME AND ASK HIM WHAT HAS BEEN DONE.THANKS FOR THE REPLIES FELLERS.

WAKEY.
Back to top Go down
http://sw57@bigpond.com
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS A DB KILLER   WHAT IS A DB KILLER Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:26 pm

Wakey, please do not use capital letters - it is considered shouting like this "SHOUTING". So lower case please?
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS A DB KILLER   WHAT IS A DB KILLER Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:33 pm

WHAT?
Back to top Go down
little750
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
little750

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS A DB KILLER   WHAT IS A DB KILLER Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:51 pm

Still suffering from exhaust noise.
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS A DB KILLER   WHAT IS A DB KILLER Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:21 am

DBK KILLS DECIBELS, APPERENTLY. I JUST CAME BACK WITHOUT ONE AND STILL GOT RINGING IN MY EARS. WHERE IS MY GOD DAMN RUM? I WONDER IF EARPLUGS KILL DECIBELS?

Svartipants likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tolle09
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Tolle09

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS A DB KILLER   WHAT IS A DB KILLER Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:17 am

'kinell its gettin' loud on here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS A DB KILLER   WHAT IS A DB KILLER Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

WHAT IS A DB KILLER
Page 1 of 1