GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Well it was bound to happen....

Go down 
+9
keenerkeen07
jomartijr
Pete Roper
Oz1200Guzzi
wardentm
beetle
Blue
waterbottle
Enzo the baker
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

Well it was bound to happen.... Empty
PostSubject: Well it was bound to happen....   Well it was bound to happen.... Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:14 pm

I have been riding a little over 47 years. Today marks the first time I ever dropped a motorcycle. My friend and I were out on a break-in ride. He was on the new high spec 2016 Tuono and I on my GRiSO. We just left his house and decided we had better fill up. I followed  him into the parking lot of the gas station and was pulling up to the pump and as I gently applied the front brake, I was going about 2mph the wheel hit a patch of something greasy and I went down. Actually I let the bike down, I could not keep it upright. So I kind of lowered it gently to the concrete. The extender on my shifter took the brunt of the weight, shearing off the bold that attaches it to the side plate. After righting the bike I looked it over for additional damages and to my surprise I saw nothing but a small scratch on the underside valve cover. I couldn't ride home so I had it towed home. I pulled the side plate and yippee the bold had indeed sheared. I ordered a new bolt, gaskets and washer from AF1 in Austin and later today I will easy out the broken piece. Frankly it's seems surreal, I have high sided, low sided, went ass over tin cup and bounced off a guardrail or two but never dropped a bike before. I recently bought a 2007 Ducati ST3 and lately I have been smitten with it, riding it almost every day. I think GRiSO just warned me about not choosing wisely. Upon closer inspection the slick substance looked like the remnants of someone's fried chicken dinner. I filed and incident report hoping to recoup the $50 for the tow.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Well it was bound to happen....   Well it was bound to happen.... Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:39 pm

Bad Luck Enzo,
You got out of that one cheap, There are some Grubs in the world.
The old lets make a mess and someone else will clean up after me trick pig
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Well it was bound to happen....   Well it was bound to happen.... Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:34 pm

Sorry to hear this Enzo. As you have said, it could have caused more damage than that.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Well it was bound to happen....   Well it was bound to happen.... Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:39 pm

Curses! The old 'thou shalt not have a pristine motorcycle' curse has hit you. The worst thing is you feel a bit stupid dropping them at walking pace, or worse, when you're stopped. Mad

Sorry to hear. Thankfully, damage is minimal and there's no injury.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Thanks to all for the kind words....   Well it was bound to happen.... Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:23 pm

A Follow up, I drilled the broken bolt out of the fitting, so now I just have to wait for AF1 to send me the new bolt. I should have it back on the road by the weekend. Here is a picture of my friends new Tuono taken at AF1 last week. We drove from Phoenix to Austin TX to pick it up, did 2000 miles in two days. That was a road trip... Not a GRiSO but pretty cool bike anyway
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Well it was bound to happen....   Well it was bound to happen.... Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Hi Enzo
Greetings from Tasmania.
Thanks for sharing your misfortune, I need to constantly be reminded of this possibility.
As I get older I am always aware that I am not as agile and as strong as I used to be.
A few years back I dropped a little 350 Royal Enfield whilst going slowly in the Himilayas, I even struggled to get it off me.
Anyway, good to hear you are well, the bike can easily be repaired.
Stay safe and warm.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Well it was bound to happen....   Well it was bound to happen.... Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:53 pm

Bugger Enzo
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Well it was bound to happen....   Well it was bound to happen.... Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:16 pm

That's not very nice! What makes you think he's up for a bit of soddomy Tony?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Well it was bound to happen....   Well it was bound to happen.... Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:20 pm

Nice twist Pete
Back to top Go down
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

PostSubject: Re: Well it was bound to happen....   Well it was bound to happen.... Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:24 am

Hearing the crash and seeing the machine on it's side on the ground has to be up there on worst experiences. It's happened here, too, but so far the GRiSO is virgin like, free from scratches. Probably means I've jinxed myself now. Amazing how unstable these things are when off the stand and not moving...
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Well it was bound to happen....   Well it was bound to happen.... Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:20 pm

Enzo..Over the years I have had crap like that happen , so your not alone ...

and I have done it to myself as well..years back riding in jeans , I had my cuff catch on the foot peg hangers , so when I went to put my foot down i couldn't and i just fell over ..kind of embarrassing at the time. Rolling Eyes  Laughing  
Like you i have had the tire..  rear this time, loose contact at a stop light because of some unknown gunk on the road that i didn't see...so i did a out of control slow burnout for all to see, kept  her up though ...
shit happens ...then we move on eh.
oh and glad you are enjoying the ST ..
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Re: Well it was bound to happen....   Well it was bound to happen.... Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:44 pm

Thanks to all for your understanding. nice to know I am not the only klutz out there.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Well it was bound to happen....   Well it was bound to happen.... Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:33 pm

I laid my GRiSO over last year in my driveway after heavy rain. Swung in and saw the muddy patch and thought 'She'll be right!' Squish! No damage really but it makes you feel like a goose.

As others have said, we all do it. No use crying over spilt milk!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Well it was bound to happen....   Well it was bound to happen.... Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:29 pm

I once dropped my Norton in my own garage after stepping in my own oil spot. The good old days. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Well it was bound to happen....   Well it was bound to happen.... Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:04 pm

Canyon Carver wrote:
I once dropped my Norton in my own garage after stepping in my own oil spot. The good old days. Embarassed

I think we have a winner! Very Happy

(there but for the grace of god...)
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: Well it was bound to happen....   Well it was bound to happen.... Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:06 am

Dropped my GRiSO at the garden gate. Kickstand was not down as far as I expected. Laid it down again while trying to get around the sidewalk corner to the gate (that stretch of concrete is the most dangerous in the wold for me for some reason).

But the worst I've done is scuff the black plastic mirror housing when it rubbed the house. Perhaps because in both cases I was able to slow the fall once I could not hold it.

Easier to get back up than the Quota ever was!
Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

PostSubject: Re: Well it was bound to happen....   Well it was bound to happen.... Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:19 pm

Canyon Carver wrote:

dropped a brand new, 1 hour old, just road it home from the dealers VFR in my garage playing with the centre stand, it landed on a mountain bike,small scratch on VRF the mountain bike was ok...

much swearing was involved, and that was just the wife...

Also went over the bars in my driveway on a Yamaha DT200, had a leaky bottom end so was running lean ,need the throttle open or it would stall, blipped throttle to keep it going as i ran it into the driveway, oops too much gas, front lifted slam on both breaks and over I go, at least I didn't hit the garage door and hurt the house, bike was ok, dirtbikes are made to be thrown at the ground..

My GRiSO drop was also close to home, note to self, stay away from home...

cya
Scot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well it was bound to happen....   Well it was bound to happen.... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Well it was bound to happen....
Page 1 of 1