GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hi from Northeast Washington

Go down 
+8
bioman
Blue
beetle
f-man
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
siabeid
12 posters
AuthorMessage
siabeid
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
siabeid

Hi from Northeast Washington Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Northeast Washington   Hi from Northeast Washington Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:55 pm

After signing up a year or so ago, I guess it is time I introduced myself. I live in North East WA between Kettle Falls and Rice. I moved here from Whatcom county with my wife in 1978. I grew up in Akron, Ohio (Goodyear Heights). The summer I graduated from high school, ( in 1972) my friend and I drove around the whole country in a 63 Ford to see what it looked like. When we got to Washington I knew immediately this was the place for me. I have been a custom home builder for the past 25 years and before that was a farm equipment mechanic for 15 years. Maybe that is why I like Guzzis so much. I started riding when I was 18 on a Honda 350 and had to give it up for awhile when my kids were little and so was my income. I started riding again about 20 years or so ago on a BMW R80. I got my first Guzzi in 1998- an Eldo- which, of course, I should have never sold. Currently I have a T3 that I got in 1999, a Lm3, A v11 Lm, a Norge, and a red 07 GRiSO I got 3 or 4 years ago. I have probably had 30 bikes, and the GRiSO is the best bike I have ever had. I love it second only to my T3 which I have had for a really long time. I am not very high tech, so I can't send any pics unless I have a really long time to figure out how to do it. I also type with one finger, so writing like this is kind of slow. When I got the GRiSO, it was all stock. Modifications I have done include: Knight design 1" lower pegs, small 2000 era Guzzi fairing I got from MI for $50 in the depths of the recession, Delcavic carbon fiber muffler which is pretty quiet, Mana handlebars and mirrors, and a Corbin seat. A friend in Spokane somehow ended up with an extra set of Guzzi GRiSO saddlebag mounts that he gave me. My v11 Lm Tekno saddlebags snapped right on. I also put on heated grips and made up a "tail tidy". It looks pretty sharp and runs great.
My wife died of cancer 11 years ago. I remarried, and between the 2 of us we have 7 kids between 27 and 36 years old. Consequently, the grandkids are pouring in now. Between the grandkids and helping the kids with their houses, the weekends get pretty filled up. I still manage to get in 6 or 7000 riding miles per season. We usually have snow on the ground about 4 or 5 months a year. I have a pretty nice shop, and it doesn't get much better than firing up the stove in the shop in winter, putting on some Miles Davis, and getting out the old Snap Ons to work on the bikes.
I feel very fortunate to have been able to not only survive, but prosper, in a beautiful area like this. I'm happy to share it with you Grisissti if you're ever coming through. Simon Abeid
Kettle Falls, WA
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Northeast Washington   Hi from Northeast Washington Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:10 pm

Welcome Simon - and enjoy the grandkids to the full. I currently have 8.33 and love to spend time with them - unfortunately, none of them are into bikes...
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Northeast Washington   Hi from Northeast Washington Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:00 pm

Hello Simon
Welcome from all under, down under, Tasmania Aust.
I am around your age with grandchildren just starting, 1.1 for me.
I am enjoying too.
Stay safe and best wishes.
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Northeast Washington   Hi from Northeast Washington Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:16 pm

Hello Simon;

welcome to the ghetto.

Sven
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Northeast Washington   Hi from Northeast Washington Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:20 pm

Welcome

ghetto

Got Pics?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Northeast Washington   Hi from Northeast Washington Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:48 am

Hello Simon.

Nice to see we have another GRiSO owner in the NW. Also, thanks for the invite to Mg / GRiSO owners in the area to swing by. May take you up on that as I would like to take a run into Wa.. at some point. Some beautiful countryside to ride there.

Spent a few months in Spokane back in '94 doing some aerial surveying of the forests north of there on up to the Canadian border while based out Philly. Flew into Spokane just a hair west of Fairchild Airforce Base the day after one of their B52s crashed while practicing for an upcoming airshow in June. You may recall this. There are some youtube vids of the crash that have been posted. A tragic event for sure but what I was stunned by was how fast the personnel had cleared the wreckage from the grounds. Nothing was left of that massive plane the next day, just a huge swath of blackened grass. Anyway, I enjoyed the NW so much I decided to move out here as well and have enjoyed it ever since.

I am sorry to hear about your first wife but am glad to know you are currently enjoying a good life with your family and a few fine bikes! Have a great season and welcome to the Ghetto!
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Northeast Washington   Hi from Northeast Washington Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:59 am

Another Hello from me too Simon. Good intro! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Northeast Washington   Hi from Northeast Washington Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:41 am

Welcome to the Ghetto!!  I am happy to find out that there is another GRiSO-owner nearby!   Please feel free to pass by whenever you are cruising north of the border.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Northeast Washington   Hi from Northeast Washington Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:10 am

Yes, welcome to da ghetto! Sounds like your life is perfect! cheers
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Northeast Washington   Hi from Northeast Washington Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:47 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Northeast Washington   Hi from Northeast Washington Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:16 pm

Hi Simon,

Thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself. I only wish you had done so sooner so we could have met up with you last weekend. Welcome.

Pete "Street"

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Northeast Washington   Hi from Northeast Washington Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:38 am

Street wrote:
Hi Simon,

Thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself. I only wish you had done so sooner so we could have met up with you last weekend. Welcome.

Pete "Street"

Seconded!

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Northeast Washington   Hi from Northeast Washington Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hi from Northeast Washington
Page 1 of 1