GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Northeast Guzzi

Go down 
+11
MalG
Oz1200Guzzi
sideshowbob
Street
rick pope
Bill Hagan
Il Griso
b3177h
Cotton
bahamazoo
PilotJet
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:38 pm

For all you Warm Weather Location Guzzi'ers. What we do in the Northeast USA when winter comes!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:19 pm

mmm midwinter down under, by the Eastern most point.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

think it was an unruly 18ºc
Back to top Go down
Cotton
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Cotton

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:57 pm

Ice racing here in Wisconsin
Back to top Go down
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:54 pm

Ya. Racing in the snow and ice! Winter is still going Strong around here as I'm sure it still is in Wisconsin! Sleds are running MINT! Still waiting for that first spring ride on the Bike...like every year![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:13 pm

Where in MA are you located?
Back to top Go down
Il Griso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Il Griso

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:13 am

Hi guys,
I like your winter hobby - especially if you are using Ski-Doo`s.

I´am working in the company, manufacturing the engines for them - Rotax.

Unfortunately Ski-Doo operation is not allowed in Austria.
Only for service personal of lifts and restaurants on the mountains.

Thus, waiting a long time until spring for biking again!!
Ralf

Back to top Go down
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:39 am

Hey b3 .. located in Marlborough, but that pic is from our camp up by Sherman, Maine. They get so much snow up there every year and have an incredible trail system. 10,000 miles of groomed trails! I finally upgraded my old 98 SkiDoo with a 2016 Polaris this year, so its time to try out another manufacturer. I usually don't stick with any one brand of anything, except for Topcon (work), but just whatever I can find a good deal on. Haven't ran it yet... but soon!
Back to top Go down
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:38 pm

Nice- I'm up on the north shore- lets get together in the summer
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:11 am

Important request for the moderator!

BAN anyone who posts pix of snowmobiles or, FTM, ice, snow, or anything else associated with winter ... unless a motorcycle is involved.   Evil or Very Mad

Very Happy

Bill
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:39 pm

Even Santa Claus?
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:39 pm

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:00 pm

Last few winters I have been picking up a project bike to work on.
Back to top Go down
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:14 pm

Never quite understood that most guys on sleds are really anti motorcycle and most motorcycle riders are anti sleds? Makes no sense to me.... but me and my buddies will rip on whatever has an engine, track, or wheels. I ride sleds cause I need my motor / acceleration fix when the bikes are in the garage for the season and the power-band on a 2 stroke is Intoxicating! Might as well make the best out of the winter. WooHoo! ok No more snow stuff...
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:24 pm

Bill, G&T O'Clock, methinks!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:02 am

PilotJet wrote:
Never quite understood that most guys on sleds are really anti motorcycle and most motorcycle riders are anti sleds? Makes no sense to me.... but me and my buddies will rip on whatever has an engine, track, or wheels. I ride sleds cause I need my motor / acceleration fix when the bikes are in the garage for the season and the power-band on a 2 stroke is Intoxicating! Might as well make the best out of the winter. WooHoo!  ok  No more snow stuff...

I was kidding about snowmobiles and winter moto-sports!

True, I have no interest in those but, in fact, admire folks who are hardy enough for that exhilaration and acceleration. I'm not.

Thankfully, while we get often c.60 inches of snow where we live, and others a few miles north get much more, it tends to disappear within a few days, so I am not tempted to have a Moto-$chnapps $hop, too. Wink

Actually, I regret not taking advantage of my two-year exile in Rock Island a few years back and renting a snowmobile now and then there or elsewhere in nearby Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.  Was curious about it.

My dream winter machine is a smallish Kubota tractor. Hard to justify the cost for plowing our driveway, but if rationality was the standard few of us would be on two wheels. Wink

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Bill, G&T O'Clock, methinks!

Good point, Tony.  That said, I only rarely have a G&T between first and last frosts, and prefer bourbon -- a well-made Old Fashioned, especially, in winter.  As, however, I recall posting pix here of sipping G&T's on the occasional balmy day of January, etc., I better not be too categorical about that.  cheers

Best,

Bill
Back to top Go down
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:35 am

Ya Bill, I knew you were Kidding! Cabin Fever is a terrible thing for us northerners. I purposely try not to fully stock the bar during this "down time".
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:17 pm

On the other side of the globe, where we think snow scenes are pretty, this was last winter. There was a bush fire just a few miles over the hill, too. Good riding, but there are no maples to tap, either. Another lack, up with which we must put. Sigh.

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:39 pm

I resemble that, Mal!

In fact I can see the humble accommodations of Beetle, Mr Bob, Clancy and Wal (not on this forum), Buck (again not on this most excellent place) as well as others I can't put a name to right now - oh and mine!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:25 am

Bill Hagan wrote:
prefer bourbon -- a well-made Old Fashioned, especially, in winter.

Do you put a splash of soda water in your Old Fashioned? I thought I'd try one. I don't hate it, but I'm not loving it either. What's your recipe? Mine just has bitters, sugar, a splash of water and bourbon.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:23 am

ice.
just ice.
thats about as wintery as it gets really....
that what goes in my bourbon/whiskey/scotch/sweet sweet amber nectar....
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:12 pm

bahamazoo wrote:
ice.
just ice.

Maybe your right. I thought I'd try something different. Perhaps "different" isn't for me.

Having said that, I had another, but this time I only used 2 dashes of bitters, and added a splash of soda water and 4 drops of lime juice. Yummy.

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Kel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Kel

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Not NE cold, but cool enough for maintenance instead of riding.   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:23 pm

Since my machine came to me used with unknown history, I thought I might take a look in the sump during the oil change. I'm posting the pic as a prompt for consideration along with the commonly mentioned swingarm bearings etc.
I saw no indications of low pressure although clearly it wasn't getting all the lube it should have. The missing gasket piece was not found so perhaps it exited the drain hole at an earlier oil change.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:21 pm

beetle wrote:
Bill Hagan wrote:

Do you put a splash of soda water in your Old Fashioned? I thought I'd try one. I don't hate it, but I'm not loving it either. What's your recipe? Mine just has bitters, sugar, a splash of water and bourbon.

That's pretty much what do, tho the proportions are important.  This is as much like I do as any I've found.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The "not too strong" and "not too sweet" are a bit like financial advisors who say "Buy low; sell high."  But that is the key.  

Contrary to the neat-sipping purists who do it all straight up, I like most bourbons on ice year 'round.  On special occasions -- e.g., when romance is in the air at home  queen  Wink  or at fine restaurant and in no hurry -- I order an Old Fashioned.  I always politely quiz the bartender how they make those.  One of the best I've had recently was, to my great surprise, made by the (extraordinarily spunky and cute 20-something lady bartender at, of all places, a Carrabba's. That young woman got it right.  Plus, she spotted me as the old guy who would tip well, she did not short the bourbon.   cheers

Actually, I don't like overly strong drinks or the upper-proof bourbons, especially in an OF.  

Anyway, I just may have one now.  Joining us for Christmas, my brother is driving up from Atlanta; he's late and about 100 miles out.  He's a night owl; I hit the sack early.  I'll talk to him at breakfast, but have that drink now.   Very Happy

Buon Natale, all!

Bill
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:14 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:
beetle wrote:
Bill Hagan wrote:

That's pretty much what do, tho the proportions are important.  This is as much like I do as any I've found.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The "not too strong" and "not too sweet" are a bit like financial advisors who say "Buy low; sell high."  But that is the key.  

Contrary to the neat-sipping purists who do it all straight up, I like most bourbons on ice year 'round.  On special occasions -- e.g., when romance is in the air at home  queen  Wink  or at fine restaurant and in no hurry -- I order an Old Fashioned.  I always politely quiz the bartender how they make those.  One of the best I've had recently was, to my great surprise, made by the (extraordinarily spunky and cute 20-something lady bartender at, of all places, a Carrabba's. That young woman got it right.  Plus, she spotted me as the old guy who would tip well, she did not short the bourbon.   cheers

Actually, I don't like overly strong drinks or the upper-proof bourbons, especially in an OF.  

Anyway, I just may have one now.  Joining us for Christmas, my brother is driving up from Atlanta; he's late and about 100 miles out.  He's a night owl; I hit the sack early.  I'll talk to him at breakfast, but have that drink now.   Very Happy

Buon Natale, all!

Bill

Old Fashioned are fine, but Manhattans are better................ ;-) Though plain old Bourbon is a good thing... as is Irish Whiskey, or Scotch, or..... ah forget it, I'm going for the Michters.............. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:29 pm

On my way home from Albuquerque a couple of years ago, In St. George, Utah I had a nice dinner in a restaurant across from my hotel and when the waitress came around to ask me if I'd like any dessert I said, "Yeah, I think I'll have a Jameson, neat, please." She looked at me funny and said she didn't know what that was. I said, "Just ask the bartender, he'll know."

Well, she was gone for several minutes, much longer than it takes to pour a shot of whiskey, and when she finally returned she handed me a Jameson and soda! I explained that "neat" meant "plain", no ice, no water, no nothin', “neat”! She apologized and went back to the bar.

Another few minutes passed before the restaurant manager came over to clarify my order explaining that in St. George they thought that "neat" meant “with soda”. So I explained it to him too and eventually I got what I asked for. Jeez Louise, at that point I really needed a double! They should have comped the drink, but no. And it wasn't a drop over a regulation shot.

Maybe Utah's not the best place to go drinking.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Last edited by Street on Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

Northeast Guzzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Northeast Guzzi
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next