GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Almost 2K miles now

Go down 
+5
Steak
DangWangi
sidrat
beetle
Chronic
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chronic
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Chronic

Almost 2K miles now Empty
PostSubject: Almost 2K miles now   Almost 2K miles now Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:41 pm

And still loving the luvin shit out of it Very Happy Very Happy

Although I do wanna take a little sanity check on how I think it's performing.   The only thing I've done so far is slip on an after market pipe on it and put on the Dart Marlin flyscreen ( which I really like, BTW)   I have NOT done a thing to the fueling.  I just wanted to see how the O2 sensor handled the new pipe and go from there.  And, I must say, my "seat of the pants" feedback has been really good.  I've made 4 nice, spirited runs up the mountains around here recently and the darned thing runs great.  Pulls strong and evenly thru out and I feel no drops or "holes" in the rev band........ at least that I can tell.   I ain't no expert, so, I don't know, am I missing something here??

The only sort of "empirical" evidence is the fact that I got about 36 mpg on those runs ( which seems correct, eh? ), AND, it thoroughly whipped a strong running Rosso Corsa in a drag race..... and I purposely gave it the hole shot!!   I realize GRiSO SHOULD be able to do that, but, maybe if it was not running as well as I thought, well then, maybe it wouldn't.

Any reason I should fiddle with the map??  I certainly don't wish to go with the expensive "gizmo" option.  I've experienced a couple failures with Power Commanders over the years and don't have confidence in them.  I just have a suspicion that our rough roads and hot, dirty environment around here is hard on 'em.

Last edited by Chronic on Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Almost 2K miles now   Almost 2K miles now Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:32 pm

I'm of the opinion that If you're happy with the way GRiSO runs, leave GRiSO alone. Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Almost 2K miles now   Almost 2K miles now Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:45 am

I agree with Beetle, spent some time at the beginning buggering about with it, now spent this year riding it and enjoying what it can do. The list of things i now want to change/have to change is a lot smaller than when i started, just enjoy
Back to top Go down
DangWangi
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
DangWangi

PostSubject: Re: Almost 2K miles now   Almost 2K miles now Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:48 am

As a fairly new rider, and brand new to the GRiSO (which I just picked up last Saturday), I don't have any experience or real knowledge on fueling and maps aside from what I have been able to discern from the various exhaust threads here. While I am really happy with the GRiSO and it's stock sound thus far, could anyone shed some light on the pros/cons of adding an aftermarket can without doing anything to the fueling/maps? I'm not really concerned with higher performance per se or a slight dip in MPG's, but more so with any potential problems or issues that could arise from not making said adjustments. Also, suggestions on where I could start to learn about how maps work (ie: Fueling Maps for Dummies) I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Almost 2K miles now   Almost 2K miles now Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:32 pm

One can always learn from the cognoscenti...

Y'all be cool.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Almost 2K miles now   Almost 2K miles now Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Try trawling through the Guzzidiag thread in the tech section. It will cover 'How To' as well as dispelling many of the major misconceptions about FI generally.

Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Almost 2K miles now   Almost 2K miles now Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:54 pm

DangWangi wrote:
As a fairly new rider, and brand new to the GRiSO (which I just picked up last Saturday), I don't have any experience or real knowledge on fueling and maps aside from what I have been able to discern from the various exhaust threads here. While I am really happy with the GRiSO and it's stock sound thus far, could anyone shed some light on the pros/cons of adding an aftermarket can without doing anything to the fueling/maps? I'm not really concerned with higher performance per se or a slight dip in MPG's, but more so with any potential problems or issues that could arise from not making said adjustments.   Also, suggestions on where I could start to learn about how maps work (ie: Fueling Maps for Dummies) I'd greatly appreciate it.  Thanks in advance!

If you want to save some weight and have a throatier sound, get rid of the stock muffler. Also when the time comes, get a new light weight battery. Between the two you will save around 25 lbs!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Almost 2K miles now   Almost 2K miles now Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:58 pm

Or like many of us here, just lose your gut and drop 35 lbs off the bike...

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Almost 2K miles now   Almost 2K miles now Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:09 pm

Steak wrote:
Or like many of us here, just lose your gut and drop 35 lbs off the bike...

It was 50 lbs for me. I kept the stock muffler...
Back to top Go down
DangWangi
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
DangWangi

PostSubject: Re: Almost 2K miles now   Almost 2K miles now Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:04 pm

thanks for the suggestions folks! I am really just more interested in learning about pros/cons etc., than I am about actually changing anything up at the moment but I'll for sure check out the Guzzidiag threads. As for the gut, I suppose I could drop a pound or two, but I think at 40 and hovering between 185-190 at 6'1 is about on spec (at least that's what my doc said last time I saw him. Wink At any rate, did I mention how happy I am with this bike? Love it!
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: Almost 2K miles now   Almost 2K miles now Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:14 am

Although I am also reasonably recent to the GRiSO experience myself I'd be the inclined to leave the pipe alone and invest all you can afford into upgrading the woeful OEM suspension, both ends. A half decent rear shock upgrade will mean it will be less inclined to understeer/ run wide on the exit of corners.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Almost 2K miles now   Almost 2K miles now Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:58 am

Hacky wrote:
Although I am also reasonably recent to the GRiSO experience myself I'd be the inclined to leave the pipe alone and invest all you can afford into upgrading the woeful OEM suspension, both ends. A half decent rear shock upgrade will mean it will be less inclined to understeer/ run wide on the exit of corners.

I am considering new shock as well. Matris has been recommended. Seems like $1,000. or so to upgrade. Any other brands good for less?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Almost 2K miles now   Almost 2K miles now Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Almost 2K miles now
Page 1 of 1