GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Goodbye to GRiSO?

Go down 
+12
CPB
Josh.C
bioman
sidrat
Grisonut
DungeonMaster
Blue
jexmatex
remgitano
beetle
Laker
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Goodbye to GRiSO? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:59 pm

had one of those before the white s4rs, never got the tricolore though :-(

There were many changes, not least the engine! but the biggest improvement is that they stopped putting tie wraps around the frame on the s4rs

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:45 pm

sidrat wrote:
Grisonut wrote:
None of us bought the GRiSO for sheer power or GP type handling or if some of us did, they're just confused about anything on two wheels.
It's the awesome looks and feel that no other bike has...
I actually do like the Monster but it's not even close as being as good looking as our bike.
Naked Ducatis have too much plumbing and gizmos hanging out that ruins the look once you're up close IMO.
They manage to conceal all that on the GRiSO and that's one of the cool things about the bike...

You are right Grisonut, i forgot about the looks!!! I think the Monster is a good looking bike, the issue is the engine is designed to be covered in plastic and when its not, does not look good.

Yep, and you know... a 848 tricolore bare metal tank for example is pure sex, but then again, you look at the MGS01 and long enough and you'll need to clean your pantsz! Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:08 pm

Nice thread. I've been thinking of adding a Hyperstrada for some recklessness.

My GRiSO is now set up perfectly with a Mupo in the back, and an Arrow shorty pipe. It's only the 1100 but it's perfect.

They Hyper 821 would be my ride hard, put away wet and get new rear tires often girl.
Back to top Go down
http://jasonedwardphoto.com

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:51 pm

I had the original Hypermotard 1100S, makes a young dickhead out of any old fart. What a machine!
Unfortunately the engine was the wrong way round and it had a chain thingy, so ended up back in Guzzi land. However, that bike was so manic in the corners and left such an indelible impression that I have forever since been on a never ending quest for the (my) perfect Guzzi.

Hyper has longer travel suspension than ya average sports bike, and once dialed in for compliance on our goat tracks that we pay heavy taxes for, so da gummint can tell us we got great highways (bullshit!), it becomes an awesome ride.

Its not me its the bike mate! When everybody else is getting tossed out of the saddle and backing off, you just keep the wick wide open. See ya!

My version of a proper touring bike, was amazing how much wind that tank bag would deflect at 150kph. All weight kept forward .................... pity about the 12 litre fuel tank.

Back to top Go down
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:20 pm

I like all of the Duc Hypers...Stradas too. Rode my buddy's Multistrada recently and it was a buttload of fun. I'm heading to Winchester, VA tomorrow for business and am hoping to visit the Ducati dealership there since it's close my hotel. I'll hop on all of the bikes and pretend I'm riding them.

BTW...the Tuono 1100 Factory is absolutely out of sight. Holy cow what a bike!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:50 pm

Not game to ride the new T, I might have to buy one .................................
then figure out what to do with the extra 100HP jocolor
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:25 pm

Laker wrote:

BTW...the Tuono 1100 Factory is absolutely out of sight.  Holy cow what a bike!

Agreed. Tuonos are cool. Me likey. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tolle09
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Tolle09

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:03 pm

A bloke I know bought a brand new Pikes Peak multistrada a year ago for about 21 grand, now with 12k on the clock, he's been offered the likes of 10 to 11 grand part ex. 50% depreciation in a year is bollox frankly. New buyers beware ! Secondhand buyers are most likely quids in.
Back to top Go down
upstateDGD
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
upstateDGD

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:56 pm

I have a 2013 GRiSO purchased new in May 2014 that I am going to sell . Why am I selling a bike that is cool to ride, to look at ,to hear? Short answer--I just have too many bikes (5) and I need to sell a couple. I've owned many and most I wished that I could keep in a very large garage but I'm not Jay Leno. I am in the Syracuse,NY area the bike has under 2000 miles,so if any interest (or comments on what would be a fair price let me know.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:57 pm

Much like the Multistrada, even the GRiSO depreciates when you take one home.

You'll be lucky if you can get $9-9.5K. There are NOS bikes being liquidated from dealerships from $9.5-10.5K.

Good luck with your sale. The GRiSO doesn't speak to just anyone...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Goodbye to GRiSO?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2