12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Oil Pressure Sensor

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Oil Pressure Sensor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Pressure Sensor   Oil Pressure Sensor - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:48 am

Yep. The right side on mine is slightly misaligned. I've had to replace mine after the left (!) screw got a bit dodgy. My workaround is to lift the tank slightly to allow both screws to engage properly. Once the screws are engaged, I let everything "self align" as I nip up the screws.

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Oil Pressure Sensor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Pressure Sensor   Oil Pressure Sensor - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:03 am

Just changed my oil pressure sensor to fix oil leak.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Originally thought it was crankcase grub screw leaking but after looking harder & pulling tank it was clearly the oil sensor.....weirdly, after spending ages getting deep reach 21 mm socket, the sensor was light-finger tight (it's supposed to be 24 nm) there was no washer either...so amazed it's taken 10 years and 36k miles to start leaking.
Thanks Guzzi Cat for the MR Auto link BTW …sadly BMW dealer couldn't find the right sensor despite giving them the same model/year that finds the right one on Mr Auto & Euro parts site ….BMW parts guy said they needed the registration or VIN number of the car to be sure..... So got £10 one from Euro Parts.

Only issue was BMW one is 23mm and very deep head; so had to tighten it to approx 25 nm torque with mole grips turned using adjustable spanner (not my best engineering moment)...
Back to top Go down

Oil Pressure Sensor
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: