GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Grabbed an Old Zard

Go down 
+4
tocino
beetle
Pete Roper
LBC Tenni
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

Grabbed an Old Zard Empty
PostSubject: Grabbed an Old Zard   Grabbed an Old Zard Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:16 am

Found this old bone floating in the sea of fleas for $150.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Good find or should have left it floating?

The DB killer is there, but no cat. I can see right through it, so I suppose it'll be quite rumbly and provoke the sour old hag next door.  Pillage!

Mark, could I please trouble you for the correct mapping voodoo?

Don
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Grabbed an Old Zard   Grabbed an Old Zard Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:28 am

Mark will chime in but I seem to remember his description of the Zard was 'Hard Taskmaster'. Doesn't mean it's a bad buy at that price but it will probably need fiddling!

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Grabbed an Old Zard   Grabbed an Old Zard Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:32 am

Yeah, got a map, thanks to Tocino. I will flick it at you shortly. Work in progress and all that.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Grabbed an Old Zard   Grabbed an Old Zard Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:20 am

Thanks fellas!
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Grabbed an Old Zard   Grabbed an Old Zard Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:23 pm

LBC Tenni wrote:
Found this old bone floating in the sea of fleas for $150.

The DB killer is there, but no cat. I can see right through it, so I suppose it'll be quite rumbly and provoke the sour old hag next door.  Pillage!

Don

Nice price!

Everyone who hears mine says it sounds great - not obnoxious but deep (well, not obnoxious if you're easy with the throttle - above 5 or 6K it really booms)
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Grabbed an Old Zard   Grabbed an Old Zard Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:52 pm

Boom is good, methinks.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Grabbed an Old Zard   Grabbed an Old Zard Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:04 pm

Finally braved our merciless unending heatwave to install the fleabay Zard and requisite map, courtesy of Beetle-San and Tocino:

Sweet music!  Pillage!

Sounds beautiful running through the gears! A keeper I think!

Thanks guys!!  Thumbs Up

P.S.
Shocked at how impossibly heavy the stock can is. What the hell is in there?! scratch
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Grabbed an Old Zard   Grabbed an Old Zard Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:39 am

A pox on the weight of the stock can, but I am a fan. I love the looks of that double barreled monstrosity. Gorgeous.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Grabbed an Old Zard   Grabbed an Old Zard Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:06 am

I agree Steak. It's such a unique look. But now I'm torn after feeling the absurd weight of it and hearing the glorious roar of the Zard.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Grabbed an Old Zard   Grabbed an Old Zard Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:12 am

Mark, you said the Zard map is a work in progress, but I think it's excellent! This pipe and map add a new dimension to my GRiSO. Don't think I'll be going back to the stocker anytime soon. Many thanks to you and Tocino! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Grabbed an Old Zard   Grabbed an Old Zard Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:50 am

Thumbs Up

It still needs work in the upper rev ranges (where the Zard really "comes on song"), but it's a definite improvement over the stock map.

I took a break from logging because ScanM5x was a little wonky. Christian and I exchanged a few emails and he made some fixes, but before I was able to continue, work went a little crazy.

I should be able do some more logging soon, plus I've just got another widget (HC-06) which should allow more accurate logging of the AFR - I just need to wire it up.
Back to top Go down
Silverfox
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Silverfox

PostSubject: Re: Grabbed an Old Zard   Grabbed an Old Zard Icon_minitime1Fri May 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Hi guys I just bought a second hand Zard as well. Their website says it doesn't need any remapping. Reading your posts I seem to understand a remapping was done. Can you please help me?
Thanks.
Laszlo
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Grabbed an Old Zard   Grabbed an Old Zard Icon_minitime1Sat May 27, 2017 11:04 pm

I believe Mark's description of the Zard was that it was a 'Hard taskmaster' in terms of mapping.

If you're running the stock GRS8V-03 map it's closed loop so it will trim around the pipe while in CL and it's rich anyway once out of CL so it'll run OK and not damage anything but I'm pretty sure he has a Zard map so drop him a line if you're interested.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Grabbed an Old Zard   Grabbed an Old Zard Icon_minitime1Sat May 27, 2017 11:22 pm

IIRC, stock map with Zard 'Race' version (no cat) has a midrange vibe.

But my memory is shite, so.......

Suspect

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Grabbed an Old Zard   Grabbed an Old Zard Icon_minitime1Sun May 28, 2017 12:02 am

It's all the crumpets......
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Grabbed an Old Zard   Grabbed an Old Zard Icon_minitime1Tue May 30, 2017 9:00 pm

Going on two years with the Zard and corresponding Beetlemap. I'm very content with this setup. Nice performance, rumble, and fuel economy. Perfect? Close enough for the likes of me. Pillage!
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Grabbed an Old Zard   Grabbed an Old Zard Icon_minitime1Wed May 31, 2017 1:41 pm

LBC Tenni wrote:
Shocked at how impossibly heavy the stock can is. What the hell is in there?! scratch

Unobtainium, part of the cat converter, I believe.

I weighed my stock can at 7.23 kg.  My replacement carbon fibre Mistral is just over 2 kg.  There's no way I could exercise and diet away 5 kgs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grabbed an Old Zard   Grabbed an Old Zard Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Grabbed an Old Zard
Page 1 of 1