GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New Levers installed

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

New Levers installed Empty
PostSubject: New Levers installed   New Levers installed Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:06 pm

Decided to go the short option on my levers. Find that it better suites my hand position.....

plus they're shiny! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: New Levers installed   New Levers installed Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:01 pm

Daves-i-Know, I see that you have attached a type of leather exhaust pipe covers. What, if I may ask, is the purpose of these covers, other than aesthetics? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Levers installed   New Levers installed Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:54 pm

Yeah, I was gonna ask that, coz they don't match the baby poo hand grips. scratch
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: New Levers installed   New Levers installed Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:27 pm

Oh, come on fellas, lets not be haters now! The leather covers are mostly for aesthetics, although
if you were to inadvertently brush up against it while scalding hot, who knows, it may only be a second
degree burn instead of a first! I decided to balance things out so I have one covering the purple
patch on my pipes on the other side. I took a couple of pictures today on Burnaby Mountain.I'll let the pics speak for themselves. Love it, or leave it, makes
no never mind to me!

The [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: New Levers installed   New Levers installed Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:39 pm

Sorry if I came across as a "hater"!! I don't hate it at all; it is just not exactly my taste. I find it a bit too "medieval"-looking, but I can understand that you like it.

Something different: did the subtle Moto Guzzi logo on your tail, above your rear light, come with the bike or did you put it there? If the latter: where did you get it? It looks great.
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: New Levers installed   New Levers installed Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:14 pm

They were originally for side cases, but you can get them at AF1 here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now, you'll have to excuse me while my medieval GRiSO and I battle the Black Death and bludgeon my neighbors head in for stealing my goat.
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: New Levers installed   New Levers installed Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:08 am

Nice levers Daves-i-Know!
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: New Levers installed   New Levers installed Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:29 am

Thanks, Klaas. I really like the red Rosso. aluminum bar you have! Can you tell me

who you ordered it through?
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: New Levers installed   New Levers installed Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:47 am

Hi Daves, I bought it secondhand from Steve, a Guzzi rider from England. You could send Officine Rossopuro an e-mail: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: New Levers installed   New Levers installed Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:28 pm

Daves are you using the db killer in your pipe?
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: New Levers installed   New Levers installed Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:59 pm

CharlieJ, the DB killer is in.
Didn't have to make any fuel adjustments, just slipped it on and she goes fine.
It sounds fantastic, and it's pretty loud once you get the revs past 3000 or so. I can't imagine how
loud it would be with the DB out! I'm anxious to hear and feel the difference with beetle's map put in.
I try to ride around my neighbourhood in low rpm "stealth mode" right now just to keep the peace!
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: New Levers installed   New Levers installed Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:37 pm

Daves-i-Know wrote:
They were originally for side cases, but you can get them at AF1 here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for the link!  They are nice.  

Daves-i-Know wrote:
Now,  you'll have to excuse me while my medieval GRiSO and I battle the Black Death and bludgeon my neighbors head in for stealing my goat.

Goats is small stuff.  He better stay away from your GRiSO!!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

PostSubject: Re: New Levers installed   New Levers installed Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:45 am

I like the levers. The scheme has a whole Green Bay Packers thing going on (not my team, but still...)
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: New Levers installed   New Levers installed Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:48 pm

opc wrote:
I like the levers.  The scheme has a whole Green Bay Packers thing going on (not my team, but still...)

Thanks, opc, and I see what you're thinking is there. I'm going to go down to my local deli now, buy a block of cheddar cheese, hollow it out, slap it on my noggin and head for Wisconsin!

BTW-I'm not a Packer fan either, but I loved watching them slam the '49ers last Sunday....Go Hawks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Levers installed   New Levers installed Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New Levers installed
Page 1 of 1