GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Roller Maps

Go down 
+22
mark111
akshaydeo
ScottMellor
opc
Guzzi Cat
nev
tocino
little750
Street
Bill Hagan
Triman023
pkroupa
Lenz9753
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
Steak
Lemppari
Charlie J
Pete Roper
Ralf z
beetle
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Roller Maps - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:45 pm

Shit , how much better could it get Shocked
I went for my first solo squirt on the Rosso on Sunday . I'd ridden through town with Jan after the recommissioning - with the factory map , usual hiccups but not too bad. Uploaded roller mistral map a week ago and only got the chance for a ride first thing Sunday , What a different bike, I'm only comparing with the flat tappet engined GRiSO , but Goodness Me what a difference, just a slight crack of the throttle , it wants to pull my arms off. And you've improved it from there ???? WTF
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:19 pm

Say goodbye to your arms. They will ripped out and flop uselessly to the ground with the new map.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:46 pm

Oh fuck! I'm riding down to the coast tomorrow and yes, I'll be putting this map in before I go.

Wish me luck.

Mark doesn't disappoint.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:10 am

Awesome...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:15 pm

Mistral NodBk Hi-Pipe map completed and now available.*

*If anyone is interested.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:24 pm

Oh yeah, the latest roller maps have a rev limit of 8750 RPM. If you end up with a rod up the chuff, or get done doing 250km/h, tough titties. cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:46 pm

OK Mark, that raises a question I raised some time back regarding the safe limit for these engines. If you remember correctly, mine is limited to 8400, and I asked at the time what a "theoretical" safe limit is.

Any clues, or are you plucking a number out of a darkened place?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:01 pm

3 reasons:

1. Roper hasn't blown his up yet.
2. I set 8750 on the roller maps when testing/building them so I could get better readings at 8500. I didn't blow mine up (yet).
3. Roper hasn't blown his up yet.

Since there hasn't been any issues, and since most riders don't visit 8500+ often, I left them there. My shift light is still set at 8500, so when riding for reasons other than map building, I'm inclined to shift just before the 'blurp blurp blurp' when the fuel cuts out.

They may even go to 9000 without issue.

I wouldn't do it on a flattie. A pushy like yours? Fuctifino. There's only one way to find out.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:23 pm

Cheers mate. Just as I thought - FIIK either. It's a moot point anyway as I'll leave mine where it is - just curious. 8400 is still not bad for a pushie, though
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:21 pm

beetle wrote:
Mistral NodBk Hi-Pipe map completed and now available.*
*If anyone is interested.

Pick Me cheers ,
also in the market for another Hi mistral pipe for the track bike build. Or do you think a different pipe might avail some more ponies ?
Tony , Are There any aftermarket push rods for your engine, titanium maybe, 9000 rpm easy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:09 pm

Ron, I don't think 9k is too far off what it can do now. However, longevity is more important to me. When I was doing tuning runs, I had to go through the rev limiter to see what the AFR was - the old girl had no hesitation going through that limit, and I often saw 8500 in the logs - also showed no signs of running out of puff - just curious of what a theoretical limit is.

Obviously the factory does not have an issue with 8400 and they play if super safe.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:04 pm

waterbottle wrote:

Pick Me cheers ,
also in the market for another Hi mistral pipe for the track bike build. Or do you think a different pipe might avail some more ponies ?

The Carbon Hi-Pipe weighs less than 2kg, so it would be my pick. Chuck in the Arrow Ti headers and mid pipe. Pull the dBk to move the peak torque up the rev range and tweak the map a bit to get a few more ponies. Who cares about tractability, if you're gonna be spending all your time above 6K?

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:27 pm

Now Ron, if you leave it looking close to road legal and store it at my place. Archerfield airport is 5 min from my front door. Fly one of your little hairy plains down in the morning and bring your rego plate with you. I could even bring you a hot coffee.
We can be on the Oxley before dark...........................
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:47 pm

beetle wrote:
3 reasons:

1. Roper hasn't blown his up yet.
2. I set 8750 on the roller maps when testing/building them so I could get better readings at 8500. I didn't blow mine up (yet).
3. Roper hasn't blown his up yet.

Since there hasn't been any issues, and since most riders don't visit 8500+ often, I left them there. My shift light is still set at 8500, so when riding for reasons other than map building, I'm inclined to shift just before the 'blurp blurp blurp' when the fuel cuts out.

They may even go to 9000 without issue.

I wouldn't do it on a flattie. A pushy like yours? Fuctifino. There's only one way to find out.

OK, not time to cover everything due to limited innerneck but brief spurt to 8,750 seems fine but I would hesitate to hang out there for more than a few seconds. While immensely strong the rods are quite heavy. There is a lot of mass flopping about in there even with the super-light *Modern* pistons. Add in the fact you're using beehive valve springs and you may end up snapping a spring if you poke the badger too hard.

Tony, for what it's worth my old 'Little Hotrod' I built in the early 90's used a 70mm crank with 4mm overlength Carilos. It had a shitload of other kit in it but it produced 84 RWHP @ 9,750 on a conservative dyno. That was indicated by the 'Vagueliar' tachometer mind so it probably cracked 10! The problem was that it ran its big ends regularly due to oil pump cavitation. While this is less likely to be a problem with a Gerotor type lil pump it's still a consideration.

The limiting factor with the 2V is always going to be valve and port size. Yours at a guess is making between 78-80 HP at the rear wheel. Getting more will be a matter of incremental improvement and the costs will mount up quickly and reliability WILL be compromised. In all honesty if you're happy with the mapping? I'd leave it alone. If you really want more? Buy a different bike.

Anyone want to go shares in a Tuono? Surprised

Pete

PS That was from 891cc.

Last edited by Pete Roper on Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:58 pm

beetle wrote:
waterbottle wrote:

Pick Me cheers ,

The Carbon Hi-Pipe weighs less than 2kg, so it would be my pick. Chuck in the Arrow Ti headers and mid pipe. Pull the dBk to move the peak torque up the rev range and tweak the map a bit to get a few more ponies. Who cares about tractability, if you're gonna be spending all your time above 6K?

Arrow Ti headers are on their way ( but I want them on the Rosso Viva la Fiesta )
So a mistral Carbon high pipe it is then, Does anyone have one kicking around ?????
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:06 am

Nah, but I get a discount from lots of places and I owe you so get he best price and I'll see if I can do it cheaper.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:18 pm

Agostini Black-X map completed. cheers

A quick revisit of the Megaphone map next, then Charlie's Hi-Ago maps. Thanks for your patience Charlie.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:01 pm

Cheers to you Mark. My patience (the only thin feature I have )pales to insignificance compared to your efforts and diligence. I dips mi lid to ya.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:31 pm

Megaphone map updated. Interestingly, the Black-X and Megaphone will run great on either map.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:57 pm

Also released US versions. They have a tamer ignition curve, to prevent pinging with crap ethanol fuel.

They all have the 8750 RPM rev limit. Use at own risk.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:00 pm

Hey Charlie, this look right?

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:25 pm

Yep. Did it fit alright? I have a Ventura rack holder on so you may need a 2mm or so washer between the muffler bracket and the underside of the guard. Keen to hear your thoughts on the difference to hi and lo mount. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
AOAM
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
AOAM

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:58 pm

Hey Beetle. Thanks for the work you do. A few months ago you sent me the Mistral High Pipe dbk map for US. If I recall you hadn't yet finished the non-dbk map. Now I see you have updated the map!

Can you please send me both the latest hi-pipe dbk and non-dbk US versions? I sent some money to contribute to these efforts - just let me know if you'd like more prior to sending out a new. Could not be happier with your maps. Excited to see what the new does.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:42 pm

Hi-Black-X map done. cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:49 pm

Hmm. Not really liking this look.

Wheel is a bit close to the can.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roller Maps   Roller Maps - Page 5 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Roller Maps
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next